The OG ROM attribute discussion thread

Martin

Great topic. I have to concur with Seattle's running back tandem, Elway, Rypien and Harbaugh as the most egregious.

FENNER: 

215 859 4.00 14

JOHN L.:

187 714 3.82 3

ELWAY:

294 502 58.57 3526 15 14 78.5

RYPIEN:

166 304 54.61 2070 16 11 78.4

HARBAUGH:

180 312 57.69 2178 10 6 81.9

I always thought Eric Metcalf and Clarence Verdin needed a higher MS, as they were both considered fearsome returners for their day.

Over on defense, Bennie Blades is seriously underrated, as are two of the Saints linebacking corps (Jackson and Mills I want to say).

Edited by JPinnacle

Walker shoulda' DEFINITLEY been faster.............Solution:  His 'average condition' stats should've been where his 'good condition' stats were.....that would have been more fair to the Viks, because the quarterbacks are garbage.....and are the reason I usually don't use Minnesota in Tourney's.

I just want to point out that this is probably the most level headed, well thought out argument TBK has ever made on Tborg. Congratulations, sir.

I just want to point out that this is probably the most level headed, well thought out argument TBK has ever made on Tborg. Congratulations, sir.

Ted..............................................................your full of $#!t  ;)   You know ALL my arguments are based offa stone cold hard facts!!!!!!!!!  If anybody wants to make a ROM with the PERFECT 1990 Dickerson stats, just give him attributes identical to Johnny Johnsons'.....They're the same typa tailback (6'3 225 ta 230 lbs) with the same typa running style, and they both played for pretty s#!tty teams most of their careers.......................................and hell, they both even whore the same cowboy collar neckrolls!!!  (and NO, I'm not just being a homer)  Johnson is the closest thing you'll get to Dickerson that year outta any back in the game.....

Is it just me, or does it seem like defenses are a little too competent. I mean, I had trouble running against the pats in exhibition mode.

On the ROM I posted? Late season coverage all the time, and a slight boost. It's even through the season though. I've put up 1000-yard seasons with 31MS running backs, but it's not easy.

Is it just me, or does it seem like defenses are a little too competent. I mean, I had trouble running against the pats in exhibition mode.

If you have trouble running against any CPU controlled team in this game, you simply need more practice. Or you just need to play a different game.

Lots of good stuff here. Couldn't agree more on the Seattle RBs, Barry Word, and Herschel Walker. For RBs I always felt Butts should have gotten Okoye's attributes. I think he was 2nd in the NFL in rushing in 1990. Merrill Hoge got screwed. He either should have gotten 44 MS or a decent HP. Everyone is always curious about Dickerson's absence. In reality he was over the hill by 1990 and wouldn't have been any more than a 44 MS. Bentley actually had a better all around year. The real weird one to me is Michael Dean Perry. Dude had a 2nd straight All-Pro season in '90. He had 11.5 sacks and over 100 tackles as a freakin' DT. He truly should be one of the top 10 defensive players - 50 RP 63 MS 69 HP. Put him in one of the ILB spots in the Cleveland 4-3 and suddenly they're not a dreadful team. Why is Cleveland the only team with nickel personel anyway? Same can be said for the Colts. Jeff Herrod and or Mike Prior could have some better attributes and make that team maybe tolerable.

I like this the Perry take,  Would of made the Browns a Poor Mans Rams team.  

If you have trouble running against any CPU controlled team in this game, you simply need more practice. Or you just need to play a different game.

Hey Mo.............I'll bet if I played against you with the Cards and you were the Viks, I'd feel like I was running against a CPU controlled team...Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!

Ted..............................................................your full of $#!t  ;)   You know ALL my arguments are based offa stone cold hard facts!!!!!!!!!  If anybody wants to make a ROM with the PERFECT 1990 Dickerson stats, just give him attributes identical to Johnny Johnsons'.....They're the same typa tailback (6'3 225 ta 230 lbs) with the same typa running style, and they both played for pretty s#!tty teams most of their careers.......................................and hell, they both even whore the same cowboy collar neckrolls!!!  (and NO, I'm not just being a homer)  Johnson is the closest thing you'll get to Dickerson that year outta any back in the game.....

It all comes back to Johnny ..........................

Hey Mo.............I'll bet if I played against you with the Cards and you were the Viks, I'd feel like I was running against a CPU controlled team...Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!

Hop online and prove it sometime, TBK. I'll be waiting.

Also can you translate what "Str8 up nu~booty" means? Cuz I honestly don't get it.

Hop online and prove it sometime, TBK. I'll be waiting.

Also can you translate what "Str8 up nu~booty" means? Cuz I honestly don't get it.

This isn't just for Moe, but for anybody who doesn't know where the term "noobie or nooby" (or how ever the f*ck you wanna spell it) comes from.............A new booty is a rookie on a team or squad... or in prison terms, fresh meat.  Those are the new convicts who they let off the bus and make um' walk through the prison yard so everybody can see who they are....they either prove them selves as bein' real hard, real fast, or become someone's b!tch.......or new booty.  "Nooby" is just a combo of both words, or a short version of it.....That's the best explanation your gonna get.  That's why people call people who don't seem like they know what their talkin' about, or people who talk a big game but are obviously beginners, noobys..........and I'll bet half the computer geeks and b!tch a$$ lil' teens on the internet using the term don't know that...............which is ironic because it kinda makes them noobs don't it????????? 

NO MORE JOHNNY JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, why was the dolphins wide receivers slowed down? And why was Dan Marino sped up?

No more Johnny Johnson???  That's like sayin no more Tecmo Jesus, or the movie Golden Child without Eddie Murphy, or Thriller without Michael Jackson, or the Cardinals without Johnny Johnson.....it just doesn't work.  This reminds me of a story by the late great Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs & Ham...Just Try the Cardinals for a season...just try!!!  You may find out that your using the absolute best player on the game that can do anything better than anyone else in the game on offense, from rushing, to receiving, to returning punts and kicks...ANYTHING.  I challenge you to use the Cardinals one whole 16 game season...not only will you have a blast torching teams for over 300 yards and 4 scores by J.J., you'll be a witness to his mythical "hidden stats" which you'll find out about if you use them.  (just change all the run plays JOHNSON)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

No more Johnny Johnson???  That's like sayin no more Tecmo Jesus, or the movie Golden Child without Eddie Murphy, or Thriller without Michael Jackson, or the Cardinals without Johnny Johnson.....it just doesn't work.  This reminds me of a story by the late great Dr. Seuss, Green Eggs & Ham...Just Try the Cardinals for a season...just try!!!  You may find out that your using the absolute best player on the game that can do anything better than anyone else in the game on offense, from rushing, to receiving, to returning punts and kicks...ANYTHING.  I challenge you to use the Cardinals one whole 16 game season...not only will you have a blast torching teams for over 300 yards and 4 scores by J.J., you'll be a witness to his mythical "hidden stats" which you'll find out about if you use them.  (just change all the run plays JOHNSON)

I accept your challenge!

But seriously, stop talking about Johnny J, everyone knows that Don Smith is the better than him.