Jump to content
Bruno Boo

Help editing on TSB supreme

Recommended Posts

Hello guys, i'm editing my TSB 2015, some injuries, trades so when i finished and try to start the game the Arizona Cardinals look like this:


 


2d6mcuv.jpg


 


this is how Cardinals are on my TSB supreme:


 


2rr5ixi.jpg


 


anyone know how to fix it  without lose my work?


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

open the rom up in translhextion
on the menu, Offset / Jump to... / x3C010 / Ok

on the menu, Selection / Select Block... / x4000F (Select up to and including offset:) / Ok
     on the menu, Selection / Copy / Ok
    click on the hex area so it unhighlights
     on the menu, Offset / Jump to... / x7C010 / Ok

    on the menu, Selection / Paste / Overwrite and Paste Data how many times: 1 / Ok
     on the menu, File / Save or Save As...

done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

open the rom up in translhextion

on the menu, Offset / Jump to... / x3C010 / Ok

on the menu, Selection / Select Block... / x4000F (Select up to and including offset:) / Ok

     on the menu, Selection / Copy / Ok

    click on the hex area so it unhighlights

     on the menu, Offset / Jump to... / x7C010 / Ok

    on the menu, Selection / Paste / Overwrite and Paste Data how many times: 1 / Ok

     on the menu, File / Save or Save As...

done

 

Not work for me :(

 

Maybe i've done something wrong but still not working =/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, then I'm not sure what's happening. Maybe go back into TSBToolSupreme and the Arizona Cardinals and shorten all first names to just one initial because there might be overlap between the names and other game code.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran into this when editing a rom. I discovered that for NFC West teams, player names cannot exceed the length of the name of the player name in the base rom. For example, if you renamed Carson Palmer (12 letters) to Drew Stanton, you could not exceed 12 letters (which is fine in Stanton's case, but if he went by Andrew Stanton you would have a problem). Otherwise, it causes the character glitch like in your screenshot. What worked for me was abbreviating player names, so that UCLA backup QB Jerry Neuheisel became Jerry Neu. Not ideal, but a relatively easy fix without the need for hex editing.


 


Edit: This only applies to the 32 team rom. I actually reverted to editing the 2014 version of the rom for some reason as well because I kept running into problems with the 2015 version, but that might have been because I was also changing team names with a hex editor. I think it had something to do with the 2015 version being bigger than 512 kb (the average rom size) due to hacks and other additional features. The character limit for the NFC West was definitely an issue for both versions though.


Edited by SpiffyJones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you go in and manually change the names in a hex editor without changing the pointers to the names you will run into the problems you described.


 


 


Otherwise you will be limited to the names being equal to or shorter to the original name used in that location.  


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2014 at 5:51 PM, bruddog said:

If you go in and manually change the names in a hex editor without changing the pointers to the names you will run into the problems you described.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Otherwise you will be limited to the names being equal to or shorter to the original name used in that location.  

 

When determining name lengths what do we base the original name length from on the 32-team base rom? Are pointers edited in the base rom to accommodate the current rosters or is it pulling information from the original game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 10:03 PM, SBlueman said:

When determining name lengths what do we base the original name length from on the 32-team base rom? Are pointers edited in the base rom to accommodate the current rosters or is it pulling information from the original game? 

 

For the 32 team rom the names for the last 4 teams start at 3F9FA and the last possible place for them is 3FFEF.  You have 1525 available spaces (bytes) to work with.

Each name consists of a jersey number, lower case first name, and upper case last name.  The jersey number takes up just one space

 

Here is sort of the process to work this out using a random 32 team rom I found lying around

 

Thus 16 Joe Montana is essentially 11 of your 1525 spaces. 

image.png

 

Here is the end.  You'll notice that TSB Supreme fills in the rom with FF for any remaining space

image.png

 

 

If you're putting together an excel sheet or something like that to edit your teams for the last 4 teams you will have 120 total players.  Each of those require a jersey number so that leaves 1405 of your 1525 spaces for first and last names.  It should be fairly trivial to construct a formula to add up the lengths of all of these names so you know if you need to abbreviate any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...