Mantua, OH - 11/09/2014 - Grogan Ball Z

tecmo_ninja

UPDATED WITH ADDRESS!!!!

2nd Annual Tourney tourney hosted at my place in Mantua Ohio! 

Address is 10511 Main Street Mantua, Ohio 44255

Restaurant is 2 miles north of Ohio US 80 (Turnpike) on St Rt 44

This is a Save the Date as a format will be posted soon! 

My restaurant is smaller in size and will max out at 18 participants. Payouts will be 75 % for first place and 25% for runner up.

My restaurant is closed for the day but the kitchen will be open. You can bring whatever food, beverages, or snacks that you like into it. I DO NOT have a liquor license so that is BYOB. You don't have to order food from my place but that option is there if you wish :) www.italiangarden.biz is my site and MANTUA location is the menu if you would like to browse beforehand. 

Registration will begin at 10 am and group play will begin at 11 am. Entry fee is $15.00.

Will have some cool prizes and or competitions as well. 

Game Rules 

1. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
  2. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. 
  3. No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT’s will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
  4. Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. You cannot simply go around your blocker and dive. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
  5. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
  6. Tournament Disputes: Chris and Ryan  are the tournament referees. They will decide all disputes unless one of them is a player in the game. I will decide on a secondary referee before that day 
Edited by tecmo_ninja

Confirmed Participants:

Chris H. (tecmo_ ninja)

Ryan M. (Ultimate Weapon)

Jason O. (Green Hell)

Jim L. (beat this guy named Matt V in Midwest Group play and won the Beaver Falls Pa tourney)

Woodshed

Louis B. (red98sethuthut)

Matt C (from Youngstown)

Edited by tecmo_ninja

If its on the weekend and I dont have to work ill go. Edit: just noticed the date..im def in since im on vacation that week. Mort may be able to go since its in a sunday too. Ill ask him. Does ur place have sunday nfl ticket?

Edited by red98sethuthut

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GROGAN BALL Z RULES AND REGULATIONS:

WE WILL BE USING MADISON STYLE RULES FOR GAMEPLAY

1.    Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the HAT IN WHICH WE WILL DRAW TEAMS FROM. (The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the teams from the hat or (B) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first from the hat. In the event that a “Wild Card” is chosen player has the selection of ANY team that is within that TIER OR LOWER as long as he hasn’t used that one before. In the Event that “Pro Bowl Game” is selected. Both teams must use default rosters, but may switch around offensive starters like in regular game.

2.    “One TEAM Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular TEAM once throughout the entire tournament. In the event player draws a team already used, he must redraw another team.

3.    Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.

4.    WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.

5.    No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).

6.    Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.

7.    Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.

8.    Tournament Disputes: Chris Hendershot and Ryan McKay are the tournament referees. They will decide all disputes unless one of them is a player in the game. If one or both is a player in the disputed game.

9.    Controllers: Tournament competitors are allowed to bring their own controller to use in games. Tournament organizers will validate that the controllers are legal and not modified or “turbo”.

10. Team Tiers will be as follows:

1. S.F., Houston, Giants, Buffalo, Raiders, Wild Card
  2. Philadelphia, Bears, Bengals, Chiefs, Miami, Detroit, Minnesota, Wild Card
  3. Rams, Chargers, Tampa Bay, Washington, Denver, Pittsburgh, Wild Card
  4. Cowboys, Cardinals, Jets, Falcons, Wild Card
  5. Packers, Saints, Browns, Wild Card
  6. Patriots, Seahawks, Colts, Pro Bowl Game, Wild Card