Sign in to follow this  
SirTed

HSTL s30 Draft Pick Em (Pre-Season Awards) WITH NEW AWARDS!!!!

I've brought back the pre-season draft awards. I've spiced them up a bit this year, I hope you enjoy. BUT REMEMBER the point of this is for YOU to pick winners as well, so we can all see what each other is thinking. The more people that participate, the better. Even if there are clear winners, it's still fun.

1. Most Offensive

Who's offensive do you like the best?

2. The Bob Award -

Who's defensive do you like the best?

3. The Madoff -

Who  / when was the steal of the draft, so far?

4. The Reach (awaiting official name nomination) -

Biggest reach candidates?

5. The Redset Award (with a new name!!!) - Team / GM that's got you scratching your head...but he maybe he's on to something...

6. The Randi Award - Which team in your division are you sure is going to cause you to rage quit HSTL, only to come back the following day with your tail between your legs?

7. Pre-Season Offensive MVP - It's fun to wildly speculate, and inevitably be wrong

8. Pre-Season Defensive MVP - (same)

MY NOMINEES

Most Offensive -

I think there are a lot of contenders for this but only one owner had the balls to draft his entire offense before picking a single defensive player. KAMPHUNA!!! But am I a dick for not loving that bunch? I'm sure that it will be effective, you've got a solid QB, a stud RB and a nice mix of speed and Rec at WT - but it's just not turning me on, but I guess so little does these days...

Other contenders

MIA (Sega) - I can already see myself going 0-2 to Bills / Reed / Monk. Damnit.

ATL (Coco) - Probably the most offense I've seen on a Coco squad. Should be interesting.

NE (SirTed) - Yet to be seen what I can do to fuck this up, but it looks pretty good by the numbers.

The Bob

I had written this up for another team, but upon further examination, I think my clear winner is Regulator. He can lean on Lott when he wants to wreck shop with a DB. Bennett the same at LB. Waymer when he want picks and Talley when he wants to get cute. This should be fun to watch.

Other contenders

RAI (JFag) - Is it automatic that Robinson / Hamilton are DB1 and 2, while Young / McDonald are 3 and 4? Either way, pretty nice group. JFag could even play as Doleman and let the drones on the back end do work. Cool. If he had even one LB at this point, he might have won.

Gats - He's shown what he can do with Carrier. He's going to have another great season. Carrier and now DT.

Gonick - Singletary, plus the flexibility of Mayhew / Green. I love flexibility, in woman and also Tecmo. This defense has it.

The Madoff

Always the hardest award for me to pick. I'm sure there are slides in the later rounds of more note, but the one that sticks out in my mind is:

Vinny Testeverde - DEN (Rob) @ 1.28 - It's the farthest he's slid in many drafts. Perhaps it was my poor play from last season that caused it (sorry Vin!). I'd say that's a pretty nice steal, especially when you can pair him with s29 MVP Dru Hill!

The Reach

Keith Jackson - BUF (Red) @ 2.28 - That's Red being Red. He plays with his own priorities, and he should be applauded...maybe.

THE REDSET AWARD (that's right, we're changing the name, but the deal's the same. Which team is up to something funky that you think is pretty cool?)

Tough to pick a winner here. Other than the namesake, nobody appears to be up to any REAL crazy tricks so my winner is

KAMP! I wish you would have taken some backups before you took that crappy DB tandem.

and now, something special. Per a request from the high ups, we've added a couple  NEW AWARDS for season 30!!

The Randi Award

The winner for me is Sega, no doubt. Despite the fact that we're only now divisional foes, I've lived through the Sega / BSD show before, and I'm really not looking forward to it.

Pre-Season Offensive MVP

Bobby Humphrey, RB, Colts (Psycho) - Have you seen the defenses in the AFC East? It's gonna be a bloodbath.

Pre-Season Defensive MVP

Mark Carrier, DB, Eagles (Gats) - Would this be the first back to back MVP win in HSTL History? Exciting. 

Edited by SirTed

1. Most Offensive 

Bears.  Montana, 2x44backs, Jeffiries and Martin.  

Special mention of Kamp, the best of the offenses to not have a top 5 QB.  Simms Butts Cobb Nova Baker and Cook.  Great HP.  Decent QB.  Nice speed.  Nice hands.  

2. The Bob Award -

GoNick.  Singletary, Plummer, PHI DL, Green Meyhew, Bowles Walton.  That D is solid.  

Special mention to PHI Gats for Carrier and Derrick Thomas

3. The Madoff -

Washington McDaniel CB's to Diaz in RD 7 or whatever.  Nuts.

4. The Reach (awaiting official name nomination) -

Besides every one of Louis' picks?  LB Meck and Fletch was ridiculous, but then again, so is Louis' entire draft and strategy to use HSTL as practice for console gaming.

5. The Redset Award (with a new name!!!) - Team / GM that's got you scratching your head...but he maybe he's on to something...  

I'm not even going to give Red's team this award cause there is no way he is on to something.  I'll nominate Hake with the Kreig Sharpe Johnson and Proehl.  That is a fun team.  I think it will really work, and he managed to get a good defense out of this draft too, so good work!

6. The Randi Award - Which team in your division are you sure is going to cause you to rage quit HSTL, only to come back the following day with your tail between your legs?  

2nd straight year with Montana in my division... I'm going with the Bears.  Fagundes CC'd me to death last year.  I'm not looking forward to it again this year!

7. Pre-Season Offensive MVP - It's fun to wildly speculate, and inevitably be wrong -

I'm going to go with Jerry Rice.  I have high hopes.  I'll probably crash and burn and end up 6-10.

8. Pre-Season Defensive MVP - (same)

Carrier again.  Yawn.  Gats is great at getting those JJ picks.

1. Most Offensive 

Since Kamp is a likely obvious choice I'm going to go a different direction with the Cincinnati Bengals. While I don't think the Bengals will lead the league in points or yards. I think simply they are the easiest offense to use. At any point Krieg can fire to Sharpe, Dick Dick, or Proehl for the drive continuing CC. This offense will chew defenses (like the Bengals) apart. 

2. The Bob Award -

Seattle. Philly DL, Singletary, Plummer, Green, Mayhew. They'll need it as they'll struggle to score 17 a game.

3. The Madoff -

I'm going to be selfish and say the Lions at pick 7.19 getting two 44RP defenders so late. This nice gift of rounding out the secondary will open up defensive play-calling and LT blitzes. 

4. The Reach (awaiting official name nomination) -

Going to ignore the Bills and move on. Nothing really jumps out as terrible (that I see for now) but if I had to pick - Byars at 6.14, Word at 8.11, Francis at 6.3. 

5. The Redset Award (with a new name!!!) - Team / GM that's got you scratching your head...but he maybe he's on to something...

Mine. I'm really not sure if I can make this work. Low PC combined with low REC is going to result in several heartbreaking, and potentially game changing plays. 

6. The Randi Award - Which team in your division are you sure is going to cause you to rage quit HSTL, only to come back the following day with your tail between your legs?

Hamburgler. I think Jerry Rice is going to piss me off. 

7. Pre-Season Offensive MVP - It's fun to wildly speculate, and inevitably be wrong

QB Eagles. Even more than ever, he's going to have to do EVERYTHING. Combined with Lou's tapping though he'll be a major threat on the ground. 

8. Pre-Season Defensive MVP - (same)

I like Woodson and what he'll be able to do with the help of the Raider D-Line. It may not show in the stats, but they are under-appreciated for all their backfield tackles for loss. With that said, Woodson was torched in the air last season by the Seahawks. 

Edited by diazzhole

i got the worst offense and my DE is no where near top 5 let alone number 2. you are being ridicules lol. i would rank my DE as 8th best on paper.. i just did not get what i thought i could was in the wrong slot.

REGS DE>>>>>>>>>>> thats the de i was aiming for but it was not met to be. lesson learn if you aint top 10 pick your not getting the monster de u need unless you pull a bob or odell and have 0 offense.

1. Most Offensive

Kamo/canes/pyscho

2. The Bob Award -

Reg/gonick/nos

3. The Madoff -

sf dl if i didnt miss my pick they be mine

4. The Reach (awaiting official name nomination) -

RED

5. The Redset Award (with a new name!!!) - Team / GM that's got you scratching your head...but he maybe he's on to something...

6. The Randi Award - Which team in your division are you sure is going to cause you to rage quit HSTL, only to come back the following day with your tail between your legs?

7. Pre-Season Offensive MVP - It's fun to wildly speculate, and inevitably be wrong

a 63ms rb no clue who

8. Pre-Season Defensive MVP - (same)

woodson