Fargo, ND - 11/15/14 - Tecmo Ryder Cup

DrFrolf

Alright, this heat that the state of Nebraska is taking on this board and the twitter-verse especially from sonofpatbeach, although justified, is unacceptable. Since I just recently discovered that my chances of going to the Tomaczak Bowl are in serious jeopardy I am throwing my hat back in the ring. If I am the only Nebraska citizen that will be attending here is what I am thinking...

Plan A: I pay for the weekend services of 3 strippers and have them read Mort's tecmo 101 thread. I show up wearing a top hat, fur coat, and cane and me and my 3 examples of horrible Nebraska parenting lay waste to competition.

Plan B: I humbly accept any invitation to any team that needs and extra player. Let it be known that your team will be acquiring a player this is now hell bent on not allowing sonofpatbeach and anyone associated with him win this event. I will do whatever it takes to see this happen even if that means using rufies, calling in bomb threats, or whatever. 

Since Plan A has some serious obstacles to overcome like the fact that strippers are illiterate and if my wife ever found out she would probably divorce me. So I am leaning towards Plan B right now. I have not played since May but it matters not because this Nebraska bashing has awaken the tecmo giant inside and he is very, very pissed off.

Basically what I gathered after that post:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIVNslHE_j4

Welcome to the Ryder Cup! You're a perfect match for this group. 

Let it be known that your team will be acquiring a player this is now hell bent on not allowing sonofpatbeach and anyone associated with him win this event. I will do whatever it takes to see this happen even if that means using rufies, calling in bomb threats, or whatever. 

Sounds like someone is joining Team MN. 

And don't worry about not playing in months or even years. Team MN just show up, dominate, and go home with Madison not having won anything. 

Plan A is probably still a better idea though imo

GNNAAARRGGHGHGYYAAAAAARRRGHHHH WHOOO WAKES BUTT DOUGLAS FROM HIS PEACEFUL SLUMBER??? RAAWWRRGGH *THRASH* *SMASH* *BUBBLY FART*

Ok I'm settled down now.

Usually I hear my name when it's called in the wilderness, but somehow I missed this entire thread.

Someone needs an extra team member? This seems like my kind of tournament--I'm usually only good for one quarter before I naturally implode under nerves, self-doubt and a lingering sense of constant failure brought on by my father growing up.

GNNAAARRGGHGHGYYAAAAAARRRGHHHH WHOOO WAKES BUTT DOUGLAS FROM HIS PEACEFUL SLUMBER??? RAAWWRRGGH *THRASH* *SMASH* *BUBBLY FART*

Ok I'm settled down now.

Usually I hear my name when it's called in the wilderness, but somehow I missed this entire thread.

Someone needs an extra team member? This seems like my kind of tournament--I'm usually only good for one quarter before I naturally implode under nerves, self-doubt and a lingering sense of constant failure brought on by my father growing up.

Love to hear it (I think)! Team Greater Wisconsin would be at a loss without you on their side. With this addition, it looks like we are 1 player short of 4 teams. 

Team Madison is set -- (Josh, Chet, Rikster, Garbage)

Team Dakota is set -- (Frolf, Leonardite, Bob Nelson, Bryce)

Team Minnesota is set -- (Ed, QB Browns, Sconnie, ArtVandelay)

Team Greater Wisconsin (or Team World, your call) is one player short -- 1. Rico  2.Coconuts  3.Butt Douglas  4.????????

Who's going to fill this squad out? If worse comes to worse, we have some local players. But that would be a "desperate measures for desperate times" scenario. What say you all? DotDon made other plans and now can no longer make it. Can we get the collective together and brainstorm one more sucker for this event? Time is dwindling. 

Love to hear it (I think)! Team Greater Wisconsin would be at a loss without you on their side. With this addition, it looks like we are 1 player short of 4 teams. 

Team Madison is set -- (Josh, Chet, Rikster, Garbage)

Team Dakota is set -- (Frolf, Leonardite, Bob Nelson, Bryce)

Team Minnesota is set -- (Ed, QB Browns, Sconnie, ArtVandelay)

Team Greater Wisconsin (or Team World, your call) is one player short -- 1. Rico  2.Coconuts  3.Butt Douglas  4.????????

Who's going to fill this squad out? If worse comes to worse, we have some local players. But that would be a "desperate measures for desperate times" scenario. What say you all? DotDon made other plans and now can no longer make it. Can we get the collective together and brainstorm one more sucker for this event? Time is dwindling. 

Yes, sorry gang, posted on this thread a couple of times but nobody said anything so the writing is on the wall--no DotDon.  Looking forward fo the tweets

It's just not going to be the same without DotDon...said everyone ever about this tournament.  Nonetheless, the appearance of Butt will be a nice replacement...said everyone ever about everything.

Echo everything Frolf said.  Need to uncover one more guy that would be willing.  I don't really need to do the hard sell on this for anyone that still may be on the fence.  Everyone's going to get a lot of Tecmo in, and this is going to be a righteous party. 

ButtDouglas is a native Minnesotan. We would be glad to take him on as a proud member of team MN. That would move ArtVandelay to Team World and leave one spot needing to be filled.

Wow! I am humbled. It would feel much more fitting to try and help Minnesota make it to a final game before ultimately choking.

This event is going to be great, but there is one thing that has me completely miffed. Where the hell is Durch? A Tecmo event without a Durch is hardly a Tecmo event at all.

Looking for another to fill out the team, unsuccessful so far, I'm down to lay waste with either 2 or 3 teammates either way.

Edit: it looks like Rico has withdrawn from play after speaking with him. Considering I don't really know many Tecmoers from WI, I'm not sure if a World team is a go yet.

Edited by coconuts0622

Rico is out? I haven't seen a Rico betray someone so harshly since this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxfrziN7jNo#t=1m14s

Or maybe this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtiCfJzxelo#t=0m42s

I got a tentative from Kevin M. (buzzsaw - Tecmo V champ), but it will harder to convince him without Rico. Buzzsaw + Carlberg + Coconuts + BD would be a dangerous team. I'll check in with the 'saw and get back to group.

I believe Durch has plans that weekend, but I'll double check. This would be the first Tecmo Ryder Cup without the Child of Destiny.

Edited by sonofpatbeach

With the North Dakota hosted Tecmo Ryder Cup buzz at an all-time high, I thought it would be time to cool some people off with some of the preliminary session and game assignments. We are still playing around with a couple of final touch ideas. There may be a crowning 2-game match to determine the be-all, end-all Tecmo Champions of the World between the top two teams. Also, there might not. And remember, this only matters if Team World decides to grace us with their presence. 

Leonard Session 1.pdf

Davenport Session 2.pdf

After you take a peek at those professionally crafted documents, please warm yourself up for the Ryder Cup once again. 

post-8376-0-15307500-1414985664_thumb.pn

A couple questions for the organizers: 

• What's the process for team selection? It looks like each Region will play 21 Matches. I presume each team can be utilized only once, but are any teams excluded? I know I forwarded the rules we utilized in prior Ryder Cups, but just wondering what you guys decided;
  • Each of the Doubles/Tag Team Sessions contains 3 Matches for each Region. Is there any limit to how many Matches an individual team member can play? In the past, every team member had to play in each session and no team member could play 50% or more of the total Doubles Matches. It's a pretty good rule because it ensures that no Region can repeatedly send out its best player.  

A couple questions for the organizers: 

• What's the process for team selection? It looks like each Region will play 21 Matches. I presume each team can be utilized only once, but are any teams excluded? I know I forwarded the rules we utilized in prior Ryder Cups, but just wondering what you guys decided;

Each of the Doubles/Tag Team Sessions contains 3 Matches for each Region. Is there any limit to how many Matches an individual team member can play? In the past, every team member had to play in each session and no team member could play 50% or more of the total Doubles Matches. It's a pretty good rule because it ensures that no Region can repeatedly send out its best player.  

Leonardite and I are working on this to create the correct verbage, but here it goes.

As far as team selection:

• Teams can be utilized only once per team.

No teams are excluded.

As far as players go: 

• There are 12 Singles Matches total for each team

Each player on the team must play 3 Singles Matches

Each Player must play at least 2 different teams in Singles Matches

Each team member MUST play in each Group Session

No team member can play 50% or more of the total Doubles Matches

Leonardite remembers the rules better and, frankly, is better at this information. I vaguely recall the team selection rules from the previous Ryder Cup. We are getting together in the next two days to look at and finalize the matchup details, but the process you had at the previous Ryder Cup was pretty cut and dry. We are trying to emulate that. If you have any suggestions on this, we are pretty open.

We want to have everybody play as equally as possible without taking strategy out of the equation. We also want to eliminate 27 matchups of Bengals vs. Bucs. 

Quick question: Is the Cup going to be making an appearance?

We certainly hope so. If there is no Cup to be had, we need to get something done pronto. Please let me know ASAP if it isn't so we can make some magic happen. 

The organizers have been discussing and want to point out a few different aspects of this event for the competitors: 

• This event costs money for the competitors, but it is not a monetary payout event. Payouts will be payed in gloating rights. 
  • We will be using the funds for drinks, food, travel costs, ambiance and player shwag. We promise that you will get your money's worth out of the event, but we also promise you will walk away with $25 less in your pocket after all is said and done.
  • Sidebets are excluded from this conversation and are encouraged at all times.
  • When we get to Leonard for the morning sessions, there will be food and drinks available for purchase -- they will be cheap, we promise. 
  • When we get to Davenport for the afternoon/evening sessions, there will be food and drinks for free -- they will also be brought directly to you by a server. 

When we get to Davenport for the afternoon/evening sessions, there will be food and drinks for free -- they will also be brought directly to you by a server. 

So you're going with Carlberg's idea about hiring a bunch of "classy" strippers, making them read Mort's Tecmo 101, and having them act as servers? That is pretty damn sweet.