Fargo, ND - 11/15/14 - Tecmo Ryder Cup

DrFrolf

It is with great disappointment to announce that neither a Team Vogt, a Team Midwest Tecmo nor a Team Ohio will be making the trek for the Ryder Cup this year. I don't have to spat out excuses other than it just isn't the best option for just about all of us.

But those interested on our end were:

1. Derek Ruble, TecmoPyscho

2. Chris Vogt, VogtCD11

3. Matt Vogt, BigMV11

4. Jimmy Vogt, LilLefty021

5. Joey Vogt, 513boy4life

6. Ryan Stewart, Ryan11p

It would be so much fun and worth it to make this trip and play in a tourney that isn't your traditional elimination tourney. Just not this year.

Thanks, Leonardite, for putting this together. Hoping there will be some sort of stream set up in order for us to watch how much fun we will be missing. Good luck to all!

Edited by vogtcd11

A hot spot right in the middle of everybody is Chicago/Indianapolis.... that would work for many I would assume?  I'm obviously not good enough to be Ryder Cup material and would love to attend one, however, ND is just way too far for any teams really east of Chicago to legitimately make it.  Kinda blows  :(

A hot spot right in the middle of everybody is Chicago/Indianapolis.... that would work for many I would assume? I'm obviously not good enough to be Ryder Cup material and would love to attend one, however, ND is just way too far for any teams really east of Chicago to legitimately make it. Kinda blows :(

The "Ryder Cup" is the brainchild of the Wisconsin and Minnesota crews. While heavily intoxicated and nostalgic for Tecmo, we, the North Dakotans, said it would be a blast if we could host the event. Our wish was granted and now here we are, hosting it in the state where the geological center of North America resides.

We will be hosting a one-of-a-kind event that will be lamented by those that are unable to attend. Madison has proved to be a destination event location in the Tecmosphere and we are hoping to follow siut. North Dakota might not be the most economical location, bit I'll be damned if the experience isn't entirely top notch.

I'm definitely interested in playing.  I've got to secure the spouse pass, so let me know if my services are needed and I can work out the details and join a squad.  I can also haul a 19 incher and an NES/game/controllers.   Plus I've got a TV (phallus joke)

Easiest way for me to make it is to trek up through Minneapolis, so I can join forces with Team WI or MN there, or meet team NE up in the tundra that is Leonard, ND.  Obviously I will take advantage of the free lodging.

My only other question would be "where da white women at!!!??!?!?"

I'm definitely interested in playing.  I've got to secure the spouse pass, so let me know if my services are needed and I can work out the details and join a squad.  I can also haul a 19 incher and an NES/game/controllers.   Plus I've got a TV (phallus joke)

Easiest way for me to make it is to trek up through Minneapolis, so I can join forces with Team WI or MN there, or meet team NE up in the tundra that is Leonard, ND.  Obviously I will take advantage of the free lodging.

My only other question would be "where da white women at!!!??!?!?"

If there's anything we've got, it's white women.

Glad to hear you are likely making the trek!  The TV situation isn't nearly as difficult for this as it is with an elimination tournament, but we'll let you know if we need it.  I would highly encourage everyone to take advantage of the free lodging.  There are plenty of beds, couches, and reasonably comfortable spots to crash, and it is at the same location as the final events and kegs.  That's a good combination.

All told, we've got some pretty good ideas percolating right now.  How they play out in real life is always up in the air, but a lot of beer seems to smooth out any rough edges.

This topic needs some juice. As team MN captain, I'm watching this video once a day until the Cup:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kZg_ALxEz0

Thanks for juicing this thing up, QB_Browns. This forum is paling in comparison to what we are planning at the event. If it comes to fruition like it is dancing in our minds, it will be a ridiculously enjoyable event.

Also, who's coming? We can mix and match 4 teams so far if we really try hard. 5 teams if I squint and drink a fifth of Wild Turkey.

A question mark (?) by the name means, "I don't actually know but am assuming this is correct. Please let me konw ASAP." Here we go:

Team North Dakota -- Bob Nelson, Leonardite, Dr. Frolf, Bryce of Oxbow

Team Madison -- Chet, Josh, Rik, Garbage

Team Minnesota -- QB Browns, Ed, Sconnie and Eric. G (Viking Moe)?

Team Wisconsin with Free Agent-- Rico (Fulcher), Josh A (Coconuts), TL James (Dotdon)?, Gabriel J (Gabelikesbutts)?

Team Nation (All hypothetical) -- Dave Murray, Trevor O (Testaverde), Brian R. (Grogan), Travis R (Moulds33), Travis (Mystery Mention) or Eric O'Dell

Where the bloody hell is Orenga on this list?

We need to figure out numbers sooner than later so we can accommodate transportation. If everyone is willing to stay for free in Davenport on a couch/bed/floor/chair/sleeping bag, things would be much easier. Then we would only need transportation during one portion of the day versus 4 portions if most players are staying in Fargo. I think staying in Davenport would lead to the ambiance of the event, but that's just me. 

Jump on it. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQObWW06VAM

Orenga = Garbagetsbplayer, on Team Madison.

VikingMoe seems questionable at best, so don't think we can rely on him for 4th MN spot.

I'm hearing rumblings from Milwaukee that the buzzsaw, Madison Tecmo V champ, is planning on attending. He would be the third man on team Greater Wisconsin.

P.S. "Good father? F*ck you! Go home and play with your kids!"

Edited by sonofpatbeach

Team Minnesota -- QB Browns, Ed, Sconnie and Eric. G (Viking Moe)?

VikingMoe is a soft commit at best. Guy had an addition to his family, so the wife may not let him take a trip to Fargo so soon. We're still working the phones, email, and boards looking for a 4th.

At worst, if the Milwaukee/Greater Wisconsin team looks like a dud, we'll just take Orenga onto our team, Madison can take Coconuts, and Rico can play for the World team.

With those moves the following comes into play:

--Madison loses their worst player and can maybe become a contender at this thing with a strong top to bottom look

--Minnesota gets even more garbage on their roster and has a legitimate sacrificial lamb in the singles portion

--the World team gets a quality innings eater and Ryder Cup veteran presence to take some pressure off the new guys

I talked to Moulds today and neither of us will be attending. So with no Nebraska representation it looks like another unofficial Tecmo Ryder Cup. Good luck to all and we'll see everyone at Tomzcak Bowl.

You're both a disgrace to the great state of Nebraska. 

You're both a disgrace to the great state of Nebraska. 

"Nothing new" - TMagic voice

Anyway, sorry we can't make it.  If there were 2 other NE guys willing I could maybe swing it.  But right now I don't think my liver or my wallet could take it.  I haven't played in months and my pregnant wife is still mad about my ALCS trip.  Hopefully next year!

"Nothing new" - TMagic voice

Anyway, sorry we can't make it.  If there were 2 other NE guys willing I could maybe swing it.  But right now I don't think my liver or my wallet could take it.  I haven't played in months and my pregnant wife is still mad about my ALCS trip.  Hopefully next year!

Almost forgot, Congrats

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OdxJssUK8

Nebraska guys still interested -- why not give up on your state like the rest of the country has, and hitch your wagon to the world team? Be a part of something bigger than yourself. Stop whining about doing "your best," and be a winner like Sean Connery:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvzIw7fyA2k

Edited by sonofpatbeach

VikingMoe is a soft commit at best. Guy had an addition to his family, so the wife may not let him take a trip to Fargo so soon. We're still working the phones, email, and boards looking for a 4th.

At worst, if the Milwaukee/Greater Wisconsin team looks like a dud, we'll just take Orenga onto our team, Madison can take Coconuts, and Rico can play for the World team.

With those moves the following comes into play:

--Madison loses their worst player and can maybe become a contender at this thing with a strong top to bottom look

--Minnesota gets even more garbage on their roster and has a legitimate sacrificial lamb in the singles portion

--the World team gets a quality innings eater and Ryder Cup veteran presence to take some pressure off the new guys

Update: So just had our 2nd baby girl 2 weeks ago. While all is well, happy, and healthy...it's been a lot of work having a newborn and a 2 year old.

I really would like to come and represent my state and Tecmo with honor, but it's a bit too much right now. Hopefully next year will be a different story, and I'd be honored to be considered for team MN in the future.

Thanks.

The two year anniversary of "I can't attend Madison because I knocked up my wife."

Yeah, this was another reason I really wanted to go.  I have a feeling I'm going to miss Madison and the Husker's first ever NCAA tourney win.  I'm never getting laid in June again. (probably was a lock anyway)

Yeah, this was another reason I really wanted to go.  I have a feeling I'm going to miss Madison and the Husker's first ever NCAA tourney win.  I'm never getting laid in June again. (probably was a lock anyway)

Can you be my proxy when I miss my daughter's second birthday to head North?

Alright, this heat that the state of Nebraska is taking on this board and the twitter-verse especially from sonofpatbeach, although justified, is unacceptable. Since I just recently discovered that my chances of going to the Tomaczak Bowl are in serious jeopardy I am throwing my hat back in the ring. If I am the only Nebraska citizen that will be attending here is what I am thinking...

Plan A: I pay for the weekend services of 3 strippers and have them read Mort's tecmo 101 thread. I show up wearing a top hat, fur coat, and cane and me and my 3 examples of horrible Nebraska parenting lay waste to competition.

Plan B: I humbly accept any invitation to any team that needs and extra player. Let it be known that your team will be acquiring a player this is now hell bent on not allowing sonofpatbeach and anyone associated with him win this event. I will do whatever it takes to see this happen even if that means using rufies, calling in bomb threats, or whatever. 

Since Plan A has some serious obstacles to overcome like the fact that strippers are illiterate and if my wife ever found out she would probably divorce me. So I am leaning towards Plan B right now. I have not played since May but it matters not because this Nebraska bashing has awaken the tecmo giant inside and he is very, very pissed off.

Alright, this heat that the state of Nebraska is taking on this board and the twitter-verse especially from sonofpatbeach, although justified, is unacceptable. Since I just recently discovered that my chances of going to the Tomaczak Bowl are in serious jeopardy I am throwing my hat back in the ring. If I am the only Nebraska citizen that will be attending here is what I am thinking...

Plan A: I pay for the weekend services of 3 strippers and have them read Mort's tecmo 101 thread. I show up wearing a top hat, fur coat, and cane and me and my 3 examples of horrible Nebraska parenting lay waste to competition.

Plan B: I humbly accept any invitation to any team that needs and extra player. Let it be known that your team will be acquiring a player this is now hell bent on not allowing sonofpatbeach and anyone associated with him win this event. I will do whatever it takes to see this happen even if that means using rufies, calling in bomb threats, or whatever. 

Since Plan A has some serious obstacles to overcome like the fact that strippers are illiterate and if my wife ever found out she would probably divorce me. So I am leaning towards Plan B right now. I have not played since May but it matters not because this Nebraska bashing has awaken the tecmo giant inside and he is very, very pissed off.

Plan A! Plan A! Plan A!