BengalsBengalsBengals

David Fulcher

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who plays with the Niners in vs MAN games a lot (not as much as I play with the Dolphins or other teams, mind you) I can safely say that I would crush the Bengals' defense in most games.

Well, at least 21 points, but thats *way* more than enough for Ronnie Lott.

And yes, I'd be a whole heck of a lot more afraid of facing an excellent QB Eagles than an excellent Fulcher.

Just my thoughts.

Is there a defense that you do have trouble with the 49ers against? You're comparing apples to oranges when comparing Fulcher to QB Eagles. Unless you have masterful running ability or mad thumb action then you're not going to be able to run on Fulcher with the 49ers. Maybe with Craig's HP vs. Fulcher you don't even need to grapple. I don't know what the cut-off is between grappling and being automatically down.

Brooks' 56 ms and 31 hp over Craig's 50 ms and 25 hp gives Cinci the advantage over the Niners in the running game. Obviously SF has better and faster receivers but Boomer has a faster passing speed than Joe Cool.

Basically Fulcher is the same speed and hitting power of LT, except he has the best INT numbers in the game. If anyone is going to singlehandedly shut down an offense, it's him.

As someone who plays with the Niners in vs MAN games a lot (not as much as I play with the Dolphins or other teams, mind you) I can safely say that I would crush the Bengals' defense in most games.

Well, at least 21 points, but thats *way* more than enough for Ronnie Lott.

And yes, I'd be a whole heck of a lot more afraid of facing an excellent QB Eagles than an excellent Fulcher.

Just my thoughts.

Is there a defense that you do have trouble with the 49ers against? You're comparing apples to oranges when comparing Fulcher to QB Eagles. Unless you have masterful running ability or mad thumb action then you're not going to be able to run on Fulcher with the 49ers. Maybe with Craig's HP vs. Fulcher you don't even need to grapple. I don't know what the cut-off is between grappling and being automatically down.

No, and that was sortof the point. Being able to stop the san fran offense is sort of an unattaniable ideal only to be approached. In my experience, Jerry Rice is good for a couple TDs a game regardless as long as you can time the throws right. As for the run, I do, in fact, have mad button pressing skills, and attacking my rb alone usually yields a pretty solid gain. I dont think a MAN can just down another MAN without diving. I've bumped a MAN LT off with a QB a few times and I don't remember ever being downed in a MAN game.

I just thought it was a pretty big strech to compare the bengals to the niners.

... Okoye has 63 RS, and 50 MS. I think you got RS & MS confused. (Had to comment)

After my last Packer season, I'm convinced that they are supreme. Woodside & Haddix kick major ass, Sharpe is Sharpe and Bob Nelson is the best defensive lineman in the game. Nobody can "bounce" him by themselves.

After my last Packer season, I'm convinced that they are supreme. Woodside & Haddix kick major ass, Sharpe is Sharpe and Bob Nelson is the best defensive lineman in the game. Nobody can "bounce" him by themselves.

Come, come to the light side and see the error of your ways! All right, I'm kidding, but I felt I should point out that Haddix only kicks butt when he's not injured. I had 100 yards with him against the Eagles, and now it's week 8, and he's been injured at least a portion of every game since then. Woodside can pick up the slack though, and if Fontenot gets into good or Excellent, he can catch a bunch of passes and do some things. They're not as bad as people think.

To all of you 49ers users, I say bull crap to your "no one can stop the 49ers offense" stuff. Maybe no one can stop it because you play weak competition.....because I know I've shut down the 49ers against some premier Tecmo players. You have to know how to use your Bengals, just like you have to know how to use any team. (I can guarantee you wouldn't put up 21 points on Fulcher and I working as a team.)

Now as to mad button pressing skills, I'll admit, I don't have them. My defense is more of the bend-but-don't-break variety. I'll give up some yards, but whooooo mama. Fulcher will get a pick or two a game, and when you play with him long enough (like I have, close to 2 billion games now, I think), you get to the point where you can ACTUALLY CALL WHEN HE WILL GET HIS INTERCEPTIONS. You think that doesn't mess with an opponent's head?

Bottom line: Bengals rule, 49ers drool. Booyah.

To all of you 49ers users, I say bull crap to your "no one can stop the 49ers offense" stuff. Maybe no one can stop it because you play weak competition.....because I know I've shut down the 49ers against some premier Tecmo players. You have to know how to use your Bengals, just like you have to know how to use any team. (I can guarantee you wouldn't put up 21 points on Fulcher and I working as a team.)

Now as to mad button pressing skills, I'll admit, I don't have them. My defense is more of the bend-but-don't-break variety. I'll give up some yards, but whooooo mama. Fulcher will get a pick or two a game, and when you play with him long enough (like I have, close to 2 billion games now, I think), you get to the point where you can ACTUALLY CALL WHEN HE WILL GET HIS INTERCEPTIONS. You think that doesn't mess with an opponent's head?

Bottom line: Bengals rule, 49ers drool. Booyah.

i dont mean to sound combative but *yawn*

ever think that maybe the people you play as san francisco suck? I mean come on, i dont care how good you are: jerry jumps for joe's passes a lot, and when he jumps in the end zone, its called a touchdown (really? wow!) and a MAN player can't stop it. Another thing, if you can't button press, I'll run all over the bengals D with Craig or "W"rathman if it came to that. Oh, and don't even get me started on Ronnie Lott, I averaged about 7.2 ppg against in my last man season with him so, gaw ... *sheesh*

Whatever, you're obviously ignorant of the facts, but if you need to come to my home in Philadelphia some weekend you can play me (we can do Niners vs Bengals for several hours as far as i'm concerned) and my "weak competition". Or if that doesn't work, we'll meet you halfway at some cheap motel and split the rent. Ya know, like indiana or chicago or something.

Is this guy hitting on me? He wants me to come over to his house....or meet in a hotel somewhere......I'm 17, buddy. Still a minor. Get those weirdo thoughts out of your head.

Oh don't take me wrong, I think the Niners are a VERY good team. I mean, they have Joe Cool and the greatest wide receiver ever. And on paper, they're quite amazing. But are they the best team? All I know is that they aren't invincible...that's all I'm trying to say.

(And you're right, my competition ISNT necessarily superior...it's just my crappy brothers, who suck bad. You reading this, fellas? You suck.)

Woods is not even close to Anderson. Carl Carter is flat out awful, and his partner is just as bad. These are the 2nd and 3rd worst corners in the AFC I think.

Hey, the secondary is tight. The DL can bust decent pockets. Boomer to Buford rocks. Green & Woods are like Meggett & Anderson. And woe is he who goes against this team with no running attack. I believe they made the playoffs in each of our 4 seasons and made it to SBs 2 & 3, losing to the Giants & Bears respectively.

Jerry Rice does not jump consistently. He is fast enough to where he will run to the X and that is where the MAN opponent will be waiting (hell, the CPU opponent!).

The 49ers are only impossible to stop if you have a 63 MS guy or Rathman or Jones in EXCELLENT in the backfield. Which is to say, nearly impossible. However sometimes that means using a WR in the backfield as Craig can be stopped with a good safetyman or LB, and your power backs (Rathman and Jones) aren't going to be in EXCELLENT every game. Taking away Taylor takes away your jump ball man, and taking away Rice takes away your insane receiver downfield catching passes from a HOF. Their running game is their undoing. If between Rathman and Craig and Jones someone is in EXCELLENT it can be hellish, but if things are ho-hum the 49ers can be reduced to one dimension. Whereas you take a team like the Giants, not the equal of the 49ers' offense, but they can take a RB and a WR down and still be as good as the Chiefs on offense, and they can still run damn well and make trouble for the MAN opponent. Do the same to the 49ers and they probably have to use a WR to get that same effect. It's all about forcing the MAN opponent to call both runs and passes and burning him when he guesses wrong, and the 49ers can be put in that situation even easier than the Giants or the Raiders. You can substitute, but Rice in the backfield is not Jerry Rice down the field. You've gotta take one or the other. Either you use Taylor and Rice down the field and kill people passing, or you put a WR in the backfield when things aren't going well and do some of both. A lot of teams can do some of both and they can be stopped.

You can definitely down a MAN opponent with the right player just straight up throwing him down. I have a clearly superior thumb to the people I play with and even I get taken down on offense now and then. The offense definitely has an advantage, but it's not enough a ton of the time. However you can't flatten anyone in Tecmo like you can with the CPU because the MAN opponent's thumb makes him powerful enough to withstand LT running into him. I have seen MAN Okoye beat me off when I was using a weak DB and coming in with thumbs a' blazin', but it doesn't happen often.

Woods is not even close to Anderson. Carl Carter is flat out awful, and his partner is just as bad. These are the 2nd and 3rd worst corners in the AFC I think.

Yes, but when you've got Fulcher & Bussey, who cares about corners?

Woods like Anderson may have been a bit strong, but he does pound it good enough that you can't block just Green and hope to stop the rush.

Is this guy hitting on me? He wants me to come over to his house....or meet in a hotel somewhere......I'm 17, buddy. Still a minor. Get those weirdo thoughts out of your head.

Oh don't take me wrong, I think the Niners are a VERY good team. I mean, they have Joe Cool and the greatest wide receiver ever. And on paper, they're quite amazing. But are they the best team? All I know is that they aren't invincible...that's all I'm trying to say.

(And you're right, my competition ISNT necessarily superior...it's just my crappy brothers, who suck bad. You reading this, fellas? You suck.)

17? I could've sworn you were 12-13 range. Ranting and raving about the Bengals being better than the 49ers...you are a lunatic. :roll:

I played a season with the Bengals last night (I have a tv card now and can watch MNF right next to it ... :roll: ) and I really did not like Fulcher too much. He gets his ints and can stuff the run really well. However, he doesn't have the quick burst that LT or Lott for that matter has. I guess as far as my choice defenders goes, Fulcher would be 3rd. The offense is good, but I didn't like Brooks too much. They're a good team, but I'm just not sold on them yet.

Hugh Millen to Shawn Collins.

Yes, but when you've got Fulcher & Bussey, who cares about corners?

Woods like Anderson may have been a bit strong, but he does pound it good enough that you can't block just Green and hope to stop the rush.

Damn you Smith!

I was pitching a perfect game on defense with the Bengals against the Cowboys (no yards rushing, no yards passing and Aikman had an int for good measure). However I didn't get the shutout. Why you ask? Well Smith decided to fumble the ball on my own 20 and they took it to the house. Damn you!!! The nice part was I dropped Aikman to last in the league in pass rating.

To Nameless: what's with the Millen to Collins alliteration?

To Yo: Too true with the Oilers. However, Moon isn't what you'd call 'fast', and the Oilers R from their R&S is anemic at best. It doesn't matter on the stoppage anyway, there's really no one else to be but Fulcher and he can cover all 4 receivers anyway. Plus when you go against the Oilers you pretty much prepare yourself for a passing attack since Warren just does not get intercepted.

It seems to be a moot point anyway. The Oilers own the second best all-time record in our TFL (behind the Giants) and have yet to go to the big show since the Cats always seem to have their number when it matters.