Tecmonster's TSB 2015 ready for download

Tecmonster

Failed miserably at doing this,  it would not read x3ffc0 but went somewhere for x3ffco  yet the patching did not work.  As you said, making any change make the rom invalid. 

Not sure what you might have done wrong, but I was able to change some ratings and possibly player names (can't remember?) But I was able to apply the patch following these instructions successfully.

Failed miserably at doing this,  it would not read x3ffc0 but went somewhere for x3ffco  yet the patching did not work.  As you said, making any change make the rom invalid. 

I'm not totally clear on what went wrong either, but it's important to understand that the "0" in x3ffc0 is a zero and not the letter O.  Secondly, the file I attached isn't an IPS patch per se, but it's a file to be used inside the Translhextion hex editor.

Holy crap is this hard... I just played through my first season (took Seattle to 11-5 and squeaked out home field in the playoffs), and after about 10 tries, I still haven't been able to win my divisional playoff game vs the 49ers! Naturally, the single solitary onside kick recovery I've seen for the entire season was in the one game I was winning late in the fourth quarter, where the Niners recovered the onsides with about a minute left and blasted in for a TD on the next play (even though I called a running play to Gore, he still proved to be untackleable). I almost came back to win on a long pass to Harvin (I had to go out of bounds at the 20 with 2 seconds left) followed by one final pass play, but Wilson badly missed the open TE at the goal line. (He seems to miss wide-open receivers quite often in this version.)

I can't even imagine how I'd do with an average team.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so I haven't grabbed a new tecmo rom in a long time.   I just pushed/grappled my way into the endzone, with no time on the clock, to win a game when I was down by 6

greatest moment in tecmo in a long time, haha

loving it so far, but finding the roster (pittsburgh) to be missing a few guys

but overall, so good

thanks for the response, Tecmonster... no i haven't tried to edit it, yet... maybe i'll try to edit and make a copy... i'm using NES.emu on my android devices... i'll try as well on my IOS devices this week and try on my PC and PSP soon too and see if those fly... frustrating becuz this is so well done, like EVERYthing is well done... appreciate the hours of good work, man

I wanted to get a feel of the game before i gave any feed back. First off the play book is great with good sets to keep position guessing. I like how the quarterback rarely gets away with a bad throw. Also the pushing/grappeling adds a lotto the game play. This is a well balanced game with a slight edge to offence due to the playbook. Thanks Tecmonster.

I got to the playoffs with the Seahawks and I thought that I was going to blast through the playoffs. I got steamrolled by the Eagle in the first round! 

Lesean Mccoy threw off Kam freaking Chancellor like a pillow. Nick Foles was just as scary. How do you play defense in the playoffs? It seems impossible.

To my knowledge, I didn't apply any type of hack to give the COM an advantage on MAN vs. COM grapples, but I get thrown off a lot of grapples that I should win too, and I really don't know why.  I think I allocated for the COM to "push" the button between 2 and 7 times per grapple, which seems fair to me.  If you timed the average player in our league, they'd probably push the button 5 times per grapple.  Really though, with bruddog's hack, the winner of grapples is supposed to be more a function of hit power and randomness, and less about button-mashing ability.

Sorry, you misunderstood me, because TSBToolSupreme won't fix anything.  I was just saying that IF you used TSBToolSupreme to edit my rom, then it will glitch unless you apply my prescribed fix. 

I recommend using Nestopia as a PC emulator for you, because that's what I use and don't have a problem.  It's also possible that one of the emulators you have been using have edited the rom, and that is what's causing the glitch.  In that case, if you try Nestopia, I would also download a new copy of the rom to use.

I'm finding there's too big an imbalance between offensive guys hp and defensive. I got bucked off by cam newton a ton last game and that just shouldn't happen. I understand that ratings can be a sliding scale and to downrank teams or players their stats get adjusted but man alive

Getting wtfpwned by newton multiple times with an elite safety just shouldn't happen

Hp was actually identical but I could never out tap him

Well, Cam Newton bucking off a safety (or any defender, for that matter) SHOULD happen if the safety's HP is lower than Newton's. For some reason, Madden gave Newton a crazy high trucking rating for a QB and that's why his HP is so high. 

Add to that two more factors: (1) whether you called a run or pass on defense, which affects the HP for every defender for that play, and (2) whether Newton was running the Zone Read QB keeper play, because the QB gets an HP boost on that play of something like 4 notches, I think.

Well, Cam Newton bucking off a safety (or any defender, for that matter) SHOULD happen if the safety's HP is lower than Newton's. For some reason, Madden gave Newton a crazy high trucking rating for a QB and that's why his HP is so high. 

Add to that two more factors: (1) whether you called a run or pass on defense, which affects the HP for every defender for that play, and (2) whether Newton was running the Zone Read QB keeper play, because the QB gets an HP boost on that play of something like 4 notches, I think.

4 notches is ridiculous

that puts him at minimum 56 hp, and basically impossible to tackle with the majority of the DBs with how you have stuff rated

want cheese with that?  I had to add enough of an HP boost to QB's on that play or else that play was pretty much dead in the water vs. any MAN opponent controlling a decent HP linebacker, since there are no real lead blockers on that play and a typical QB (with 13 HP) gets instantly flattened by most linebackers.  The HP boost forces a grapple at least.

I recommend three options for stopping Newton on that play: (1) call that play a lot on defense, or (2) control a linebacker and not a DB, or (3) make sure to corral Newton towards the sidelines with your DB and then dive tackle when you get the angle.  Dive tackling is a little easier in my game vs. the original (diving animation is about 25%-30% faster).

Finally had a chance to play through a season.  I became skeptical as I plowed through the first 6 games putting up 50+ .....then it got difficult.  The team playbooks make this game - since it's difficult to blow up the play at the line, especially against the zone read teams.  You really need to come up with a different defensive strategy every game.  And the juice level towards the end of the season is perfect.

Anyways, I finished 13-3 losing to only the Bears (Chicago destroyed me 38-21), Chargers (by 1 point, 24-23) and Bills (31-21, couldn't overcome 4 fumbles).  Towards the end of the season, I was only winning games by 7-10 points.

post-5893-0-35495600-1414875952_thumb.pn

Playoffs, blew through the Steelers (20-14), Jets (28-17) and Broncos (28-24). 

Super Bowl, I had Seattle pinned on their own 2, up 24-21 with 2-3 minutes left when Lynch proceeded to popcorn me at the line, then 2 more defenders, then drag a defender 5 yards before tossing him off as well....98 yards for the score.  Down 28-24 with 1:30 left I drove downfield to have Vereen fumble on the 5 yard line with 6 seconds left.

post-5893-0-51131300-1414876126_thumb.pn

Damn you, Pete Carroll.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks fatcheerleader, and you're welcome to use the playbooks in your rom.  An NCAA rom with helmet graphics would be great. 

I hope you decide to use Running Power as a real attribute (acceleration) for offensive players though vs. just assigning 69 to everyone as in the original. 

Down 28-24 with 1:30 left I drove downfield to have Vereen fumble on the 5 yard line with 6 seconds left.

Damn you, Pete Carroll.

Look who got the last laugh!

Wow - no kidding, eh?!  Same teams, same score, somewhat similar ending..... just reversed! 

Good find.