Tecmonster's TSB 2015 ready for download

Tecmonster

Well, I know very little (actually, nothing) about the differences between the 28-team and 32-team roms but I'm sure that some of the hacks wouldn't transfer correctly, and I don't have the expertise to figure out why. 

If you start creating one, I can probably help though.  I just, personally, have no interest in the original 28-teamer any more.

Thanks for all the work you put into this rom.  Great job!

Madden ratings were used once again to rate every player.

Did you use the final roster/ratings update from Madden14 or from the just released Madden15?  I'm guessing 14.

Anyone else have their LB get chop-blocked on a running play? One of the offensive players on the Lions dove at my defender sending him flying, it was incerdible!

Everything is excellent from thepreview magazine to the actual rom. I think it is the best NES rom possible at this point. One minor complaint, some of the roster choices stink in my opinion

If you have some time I would appreciate you making an SNES version complete with all the hacks. Thanks in advance.
jk (but I wish it was possible)

EXCELLENT edit! love the many of the new changes, the moving blocks and tackles was a great idea. the AI improvements, new plays, big fan...only noticed a couple issues....i picked off aaron rodgers in the endzone (with richard sherman too lol) but neither my DB or the AI QB was credited with the interception...not a huge deal, and something ive noticed in other edits of tecmo....and sometimes when wearing the away jersey, and get a score, the cutscene often has the home jersey in the TD celebration. again no game breaking bugs.

i wish that tapping A was still prevelant....if a RB breaks free, nobody outside of my strong safety has a chance at making a tackle!

that aside, this is easily the best tecmo hack ive played to date, kudos sir! love the 3-4 / 4-3 defensive schemes too

Is there a bug with the clock not starting on the correct digits or is that just a bug when playing on the Powerpak?  When I started a pre-season game with the Broncos vs. the Seahawks the clock started out at -9:00 left and when it got to -0:00 it wrapped around to 99:99 and kept counting down.

I got tired of playing when I got to 99 points (still in the first quarter). :)

Is there a bug with the clock not starting on the correct digits or is that just a bug when playing on the Powerpak?  When I started a pre-season game with the Broncos vs. the Seahawks the clock started out at -9:00 left and when it got to -0:00 it wrapped around to 99:99 and kept counting down.

I'd assume powerpak as I wasn't able to repro.  If someone else has a powerpak they might be able to confirm

Thanks TeBowl.

By the way, for anyone who would like to make a small donation for downloading this game, please use bruddog's Donate button further up in this thread.  As probably the most prolific hacker on this site and critical contributor to my rom, I think he deserves a little monetary gratitude. 

Thanks Philly.  Star, I'm sure there is and it's probably pretty simple, but I don't know how.  I restricted the maximum length of a field goal to about 61 yards but the COM player didn't get the memo and is using the same decision rule from the original game to determine whether the field goal is make-able or not.

If so I'm sure one of the hack masters will chime in re: AI FG length. Regardless this rom is sweet. I need to relearn how to stop the run apparently...I absolutely love the thought that went into the playbooks. A lot of these teams run so many plays out of the same look, and it makes it so tough to defend. With the roided COM HP combined with Jstout's COM passing logic you need to be extremely quick to diagnose where the play is going if you want to have any chance of containing. All of the bootleg and read option looks make it very difficult, and it's the right kind of difficult. So many times I've shot in at the QB when I think he's keeping on the read option only to have him stop and sling it over my head. 

I had this happen to me while playing the other rom's on the power pak.  It fixes itself as long as you go in and set the quarter length before the game (even if you want to keep it at 5min, just move off of 5 and back on)  Last year's did the same thing.

I had this happen to me while playing the other rom's on the power pak.  It fixes itself as long as you go in and set the quarter length before the game (even if you want to keep it at 5min, just move off of 5 and back on)  Last year's did the same thing.

Thank you sir. :)

I will be another who is gonna say how awsome this is. (this is awesome) and then follow with a "but" and a possibly stupid question.   But, is there anyway to calm things down a little and editor to do so?  The faster kick returners are good, but some times its just ridiculous, for me.  A td a game is going to a return.  Also, played the Eagles and every play was a touchdown.  Close to it.  Could not touch any of their guys, they'd prob break the tackle if i did.  Also, are we to swicth from 3-4 to 4-3 or is it already done?  Sorry for all the questions, it's a lot of fun I just wish I could tone it down a little with the break away speed increase stuff.  Thank you for you time. 

Priza, you can access how juiced the COM players become at hex location at x1df10.  I've attached a free hex editor called Translhextion.  Open the rom up inside this editor and, under "Offset", select "Jump To" and enter x1df10.  Each double-digit number is a byte, and each set of five bytes starting at x1df10 determines how well the computer plays a MAN opponent for each game above .500 he is.  The second byte of each 5-byte set is the COM's offensive speed.  Just decrease that number to slow down the computer.

There is no hack in the game that makes the kick returners faster though.  I've played 11 games and only had two returns get beyond midfield against me (one for a touchdown).  I guess they might feel faster just because they field the ball in better position.

Translhextion16c.zip

Ok, cool.  Yeah, it been a while, maybe just old.  Kick returner might just seem nastier than I remembered.  Got to shape up my game.  Thanks to the file.  Being able to play my favorite game 20 years later is priceless.  Cheers

I haven't allowed a return TD yet in probably 20 games vs COM. My issue is with trying to stop the run, if anybody has that figured out...let me know. Can I win grapples somehow or am I just getting unlucky?