Musical Question

Stadawim

This is for all of you out there that enjoy the full effect of the Tecmo experience. Which games' background music do you like best? And that goes for every game & situation.

My personal fave is in NES TSB, the Pro Bowl, left going right. I believe SNES TSB tries a similar tune in its postseason, but modified.

I think that the best background music, belongs to TSB for the NES, from the introduction music to when you get a first down, and when you play the pro bowl and playoffs. I don't know, maybe I am being bias cause its the game that I like the most out of all the series, but i don't know, it just brings back some real cool memories.

I hate the fact that the injury theme only goes through to the roster screen in SNES TSB I. It's probably my favorite music on the game. SNES TSB I and NES TSB are pretty much the same in music, it just sounds like the SNES one is on a different setting on the keyboard than NES, same notes, different atmosphere.

I love the mood Tecmo creates - by its music and everything else as well. I mean the weather in the SNES version is great, especially when the kickoff goes in the snow and it looks like you're playing in a blizzard. All of those intro cinema screens really add to that, too.

The music in the playoffs is awesome. First it makes the postseason feel completely different from the regular season. Then the music YOU get is like this desperation, 'are you gonna survive' song. And the CPU gets this dark, big, bad guy music that creates this ominous feeling when they have the ball.

Those 100 yard-rusher type screens are cool, too (although for some reason they don't carry over the weather conditions) - they can give you a nice lift if you're losing late.

• 18 years later...