Tecmo AFF 2014

The anticipated 8-bit of the new popular football league is here.

xgtzvvU.jpg

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is coming soon to a Tecmo site near you.

After well over 2 years of work, I am pretty much ready to release this hack and you will enjoy it.
This ROM includes various hacks from this site such as...

• PC/PA Swap
  • Huddle Animations
  • Coverage hacks
  • KR/PR fixes

This hack also includes 28 original teams full of original players and the full 2014 season of the fictional Action Football Federation with modifications to the rules to match the league's such as the "Free Return" rule which freezes the clock on returns.
Some graphics have been modified and other have been removed as I am not really good with major graphics. A the font has been redesigned with some colored shadows which I hope you'll really like.

This was advertised as having a release date before the start of the AFF season allowing for people to play along, but unfortunately the season in now approaching its playoff portion which can be followed on the official AFF tumblr page starting next week.

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014.nes

This is only my 2nd ROM hack ever and I'm always looking to improve, so any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Justice Weller Colde

I feel like I'm missing some context in terms of these teams and players and who they are, but I will play any ROM with the grapple hack. I play most ROMs as a coach and run the emulator as fast as it will go. I also play a lot of bench players at a lot of unorthodox positions to mix it up. Having said that, I picked San Francisco and went 9-7. It's interesting to me that even terrible quarterbacks can have decent numbers. Kind of nice, though, because it is really frustrating as a coach when you know every pass play will be an incompletion or a pick.

Just in general I like that the players have so much personality. And what I mean by that is the attributes vary drastically from player to player. It adds to the replayability because even if it doesn't make football sense, the players are all very different.

The only thing I would add is more injuries. The more, the better.

(P.S. Why can't I upload .frz files?)

• 4 months later...