Sign in to follow this  
Ones11fahzu

1st Round: CLE @ PHX

PHX opens.  A slow, methodical drive gets PHX deep into CLE territory.  Then the most garbage block I have ever seen springs PHX for a TD.  Emmitt on a run down bounces back up...but Cofer at LB4 throws his blocker and dips all other obstacles en route to fronting him about 2 yards down field...Emmitt circles up and down...Cofer doesnt bite...and grapples Emmitt after about a 3 yard gain...and then (cue WWE music!)...Timm Rosenbach starts running straight downfield...i dont know why...but the Cofer/Emmitt grapple is JUST A SMIDGEN below Rosie's path downfield....but, Rosie finds time in his busy schedule to dip down and bump Cofer before mosying downfield some more...and Emmitt scores.

Next drive, CLE fumbles, and it gets housed, 14-0.  CLE has a nice drive expire for time 14-0 at half. 

2nd half, CLE scores.  PHX takes some time up and scores.  CLE scores quickly.  And PHX is able to get the onsides and waste the rest of the clock.

+ fumble differential= 2 wins 0 losses. 

What's the differential when you average 2 fumbles a game?

If ones didn't take so much time, I'm sure I would have fumbled away twice in that game as that's what I'm averaging today. Only one is being housed though, so there is a silver lining... I guess

I meant the team with higher TO but specifically fumble recovered differential is 2-0 in the etc playoffs. Not surprising.  I'd never want to get rid of them because it allows for more excitement. A turnover in tecmo is typically even more devastating than in the nfl because: 

1. There are less drives to make up for the turnover with better play

2. The fact that offenses score much easier in tecmo means a turnover is worth more. I'd bet the typical turnover in tecmo is worth about 6-10 pts depending on the ease with which the opposing teams score. .