Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs

TheFes75

Has anyone ever tried to edit this ROM for the Sega Genesis.  Even though it didn't keep stats I always liked this version of the game. 

I assume the players have attributes that can be altered since some players hit 3 Pointers better than others and there are 3 different speeds players run at. The game compared to today's games played a little slow but I'm sure that could be altered.

Also each player has a different skill set.  Some players have certain dunks or some only lay the ball up.  The better players like Magic, Chambers, Drexler, D. Robinson, Bird, Isaiah, Jordan and Barkley had signature moves that I assume can be assigned using code in the ROM.  Magic and Jordan would go into a dunk or layup animation from almost anywhere near the basket.

Anyway just wondering if anyone had ever tried to edit this ROM and make a new game.

I haven't looked at this one specifically but I did look into NBA showtime 94 (it was sort of the bridge between the EAs playoffs series and the nba live series). Ultimately I decided to edit NBA Live 96 because there is an editor for it but player and team names are relatively easy to find with a hex editor for most of the EA games on sega.