Possible to change playoff teams??

dokilen

So we have just finished a season - 24 teams divided into 6 groups of 4. Each team plays the 11 teams in their conference once and 6 of the 12 teams in the other conference once. So any tie for division winner should go to the team that wins their only head-to-head meeting. Turns out that did not happen when the playoff matches were established. Some teams that should have gone to the playoffs didn't. I'm being yelled at to change the playoff matches...soooooo.........is it possible? Is there any way to change which teams play in the playoffs and who they play? I've looked around the boards to see if this is address and can only locate discussions on changing the playoff format or how many teams go and the like. Couldn't find a mention of how to change the actual teams in the playoffs, so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

Also, how does the game determine who goes to the playoffs? 

Thanks for the help guys!

Edited by dokilen

So we have just finished a season - 24 teams divided into 6 groups of 4. Each team plays the 11 teams in their conference once and 6 of the 12 teams in the other conference once. So any tie for division winner should go to the team that wins their only head-to-head meeting. Turns out that did not happen when the playoff matches were established. I'm being yelled at change the playoff matches...soooooo.........is it possible? Is there any way to change which teams play in the playoffs and who they play? I've looked around the boards to see if this is address and can only locate discussions on changing the playoff format or how many teams go and the like. Couldn't find a mention of how to change the actual teams in the playoffs, so forgive me if this has been discussed before.

Also, how does the game determine who goes to the playoffs? 

Thanks for the help guys!

maybe modify RAM and put your team in there?  I don't know.  bruddog, where is the RAM location map - does it hold the answer?

The game uses a team's win margin (total points scored - total points allowed) as the tie-breaker, not head-to-head matchups.  Can't you just move all your playoff games to preseason mode and keep track manually?

That's a good idea - didn't think of that - but that loses any injuries. Gotta be a way to change the teams...Ugh...

When we have to step outside season mode to play a playoff game in preseason mode (and we do sometimes, to ensure that the higher seed gets to play as player 1), we flip a coin to see if that coach gets his injured player back.  Plus, if you still want injuries to happen during the playoffs, just turn on injuries for preseason mode by entering 02 at x253f2.

I'm surprised that no one has an answer for this. There seems to be many instances where being able to edit this would be useful, so I would have thought that someone would have figured it out.  :-(

When we have to step outside season mode to play a playoff game in preseason mode (and we do sometimes, to ensure that the higher seed gets to play as player 1), we flip a coin to see if that coach gets his injured player back.  Plus, if you still want injuries to happen during the playoffs, just turn on injuries for preseason mode by entering 02 at x253f2.

@dokilen, do you know what Tecmonster meant in his post? If not this thread might be of help: http://tecmobowl.org/topic/11641-tsb-editing-resources-spreadsheets-tutorials-faqs/

How about you turn on Pre-season injuries and run all the playoff games through Pre-Season?

http://tecmobowl.org/topic/8694-preseason-injuries/

EDIT: Didnt think about players not returning from injury. Im glad I made sure my players knew how playoffs work so I avoided this issue :)

Edited by TheRaja

@SBlueman, I do indeed get what Tecmonster meant. I tried all kinds of different things, even what he suggested, but I knew there had to be a way to accomplish what I wanted and I think I have figured it out. I'm going to start a new topic so I can get some additional feedback on this.

Thanks for the reply!