3 Teams In a Division Hack

Ghost

Sorry, I should have been more specific with my question.

Yes, I'm very familiar with that thread. I reference it frequently.

However as cxrom says "the length byte has to be $04 or $05 or the screen will stay black, but it won't crash. it'll still let you back out to the main menu."

In other words if you try and set the division to having 3 teams (or anything other than 4 or 5) the game goes to a black screen. How do I prevent this from happening when I set the division to 3 teams?

I didn't see the answer to that in the thread, is it in there and I'm just not noticing?

Sorry, I should have been more specific with my question.

Yes, I'm very familiar with that thread. I reference it frequently.

However as cxrom says "the length byte has to be $04 or $05 or the screen will stay black, but it won't crash. it'll still let you back out to the main menu."

In other words if you try and set the division to having 3 teams (or anything other than 4 or 5) the game goes to a black screen. How do I prevent this from happening when I set the division to 3 teams?

I didn't see the answer to that in the thread, is it in there and I'm just not noticing?

It does have to stay $04 or $05. All you would do is remove the mini helmets from the screen and change the indicator position. Everything is still there, it's just hidden. reference my rom here TAB 2011.zip, along with the link I provided. It has three teams in each division as you want and will clarify this topic for you.

Please elway, dont get me wrong here, what you are saying about having 3 Teams in a Division is totally correct:

post-9389-0-08236700-1400720905_thumb.pnhere you have a Division with 3 teams.

If I were ghost, I couldnt be more grateful with you, just for taking your time. However, He is also concerned about this issue:

post-9389-0-26841700-1400721220_thumb.pn This screen still shows some "removed" teams. (Even if you erase the name and helmet)

Again, I am not trying to be "cocky" or something like that, your Mod works just fine.

In the thread you pointed to, TheRaja explained to me which is the best way to remove teams from a rom. His method: remove teams from either ends (starting from the first team, or from the last team). This because it works for both screens: Rankings and Standings.

The first thing you should probably consider to do, is what TheRaja mentioned: First re-assign all your teams and remove all the "unwanted" ones (depending on the number of teams you want to include in your rom) to form a "block" (a sequence with no "blank teams" in between). In other words, if you are planning to make a 20 teams rom, you might want to remove the last 8 teams for this purpose (or the first 4 teams and the last 4 teams, so that you don't mess up with the Standings/Playoffs so much).

Jstout came up with a code for having 3 teams in a division working properly (graphics and everything). It works as follows:

At offsets: x22FB6 - 22FD6 input the following code:
EAEAEAEAEAEAEA A590C9 03 F007A5 9D A2 03 20CCAF201EA8A901209ACCA5901869 2D

I am not the right person to explain this code properly, so perhaps someone with the knowledge will be able to.

Then you can go to the Team setup for the Standings screen, at offset x23F6D (3F79B for the 32 teams rom)

Where it reads: 00 05 05 04 09 05 0E 05 13 05 18 04 . Green values represent the number of teams each division has (the black values are for the first team of each division). The code made by jstout will only let you have 3 or 4 teams. So now you MUST input a value of 3 or 4 (not 5 anymore, or it will show a black screen)

If you want to remove a team, BUT you don't have the right sequence for the teams, as The Raja mentioned, YOU WILL STILL SEE That team on the RANKINGS screens. Even if you remove that team from every game in the Schedule.

For example you can remove the Jets from the Standings screen if you input the value 04 at offset x23F6E, However it will still be shown on the Rankings menu like this :

post-9389-0-12709900-1400723325_thumb.pnpost-9389-0-96084300-1400723347_thumb.pnpost-9389-0-89004200-1400723473_thumb.pn...even when the Jets didnt play a single game

The 3 teams code still needs some graphic tweaks. So at offset x1F00E input this code:

61EBB0FC18B08261CBB08281B0B082A1B0B082C1B0B082E1

and at offset x1F08C,  input this code:

EB1423FF

This will fix the Graphics for the Standings Menu:

post-9389-0-28010500-1400723801_thumb.pn and you can make it 3 teams as well: post-9389-0-96078300-1400723914_thumb.pn

Edited by pambazos88

It does have to stay $04 or $05. All you would do is remove the mini helmets from the screen and change the indicator position. Everything is still there, it's just hidden. reference my rom here attachicon.gifTAB 2011.zip, along with the link I provided. It has three teams in each division as you want and will clarify this topic for you.

Thanks man! I appreciate the info!