Tecmo Cards

I sent them out to Jamaal Charles, Christian Okoye, Bo Jackson, Megatron, Ray Lewis, Clay Matthews and Tony Gonzalez. I had luck with Tony in the past; I just hope he took his fan mail with him to California.  The one I sent to Andrew Luck got sent back unsigned, so, yeah, he can go jump in a lake.

I sent them out to Jamaal Charles, Christian Okoye, Bo Jackson, Megatron, Ray Lewis, Clay Matthews and Tony Gonzalez. I had luck with Tony in the past; I just hope he took his fan mail with him to California.  The one I sent to Andrew Luck got sent back unsigned, so, yeah, he can go jump in a lake.

I'm not surprised about Tony, I saw a documentary where he talked about playing the crap out of Tecmo growing up. I think in the same documentary Phillip Rivers said he STILL plays Tecmo, did you try him?

I really like these. Im going to college to study graphic design, so this kinda thing is all i do and i think these cards are extremely well designed(im sorta jealous lol). And i hope you get your cards signed by the players, oh and make a TOM BRADY CARD!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a lot of luck getting cards back signed, and I actually did get one back from Tom Brady.  You always wonder when you get one back from a superstar if it was autopenned or signed by an assistant.  Autopen at least is easy to spot.  I like to think Brady signed it.  Back in the 90's, I probably got about 80% of them back signed.  It was probably a mistake sending these out a couple of weeks before last season ended.  The Janikowski card was originally sent to Oakland, naturally, but was returned from Florida.  

If you're in to graphic design, you should try designing some of your own.  Mine are primarily made in MS Paint, and then graded and textured in Photoshop to give them a slightly weathered look.  Then I just got them printed on card stock for a couple of dollars.

I would love to see your Tom Brady card.(hes like my hero) And i actually made one of myself using my own rom. I made them look like Ultimate Team cards.

post-11768-0-62231700-1400756037_thumb.j

post-11768-0-56846700-1400756626_thumb.p

Edited by tacomanarrows

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I had some more success today.  I was starting to wonder if I'd get any more of these back.  But I did, and it was from Megatron.

Calvin_zps18e65a12.jpg

Also included was an ad for his charity, the Calvin Johson Jr. Foundation.  Here's a link to it: http://calvinjohnsonjrfoundation.org/

Sending them out is easy.  All I do is write a nice short letter to the player, include a card and a self addressed stamped envelope, and mail it to the team address.  From there, it probably goes into a heap of hundreds of other fan letters, so it could be many months before you get it back (if you do get it back).  Johnson's was sent out over 10 months ago.  But the bigger the star, the longer the wait.  If you're a fan of offensive linemen, punters or backup QBs, you might get it back in a few weeks.  I recommend using Forever Stamps for the SASEs, because they stay valid regardless of whether they raise the price of stamps.  A couple of cards took so long to come back that the player had to add a 1 cent stamp to send it back to me.  I got a Tommy Maddox card back 3 years after I'd sent it!

The cost is minimal.  Once I've designed them, I just take them to Office Max on a flash drive and get six of them printed on a single piece of card stock for about a dollar.  If you're wanting to mail them, I suggest card stock, because it's sturdy and less likely to get damaged in the mail.  It also looks more like a real football card.

Edited by Hut ad Infinitum

• 2 weeks later...

This is sweet!!!!

The next thing you should do is do team cards lol... idk who would sign them as not every player could but creating an 8bit version of a normal team photo would be the hardest part. Its just a matter of hughs numbers and shading after that. 

• 4 months later...