man cave game loop question

Here is a question no body has probably ever asked.  Lets say a guy has a flat screen TV in the corner of his man cave and he wants to stream 24/7 cpu vs cpu Tecmo Super Bowl on it.  Can one of you guys figure out a way to hack the game to make it randomly pick two cpu teams, let the game play out then automaticaly pick two more teams and repeat without any human interaction?  I think it would be a cool conversation piece....you could frame the TV or hang jerseys around it or what ever. 

Here is a question no body has probably ever asked.  Lets say a guy has a flat screen TV in the corner of his man cave and he wants to stream 24/7 cpu vs cpu Tecmo Super Bowl on it.  Can one of you guys figure out a way to hack the game to make it randomly pick two cpu teams, let the game play out then automaticaly pick two more teams and repeat without any human interaction?  I think it would be a cool conversation piece....you could frame the TV or hang jerseys around it or what ever. 

You can set all the teams to COM, go to Game Start, hold start and press A. This will put all COM games in a season, in a loop. This will run for days and days and days.

If you just leave the game alone after turning it on, doesn't it automatically start playing cpu vs. cpu games?

No, it definitely does not. It just loops the intro over and over again.

Does anybody know just how many days it will run?

What if it runs into an error?

A little over 3 days.

I used to do this back in the day. Leave it on all day while I went to work/school. The game does freeze sometimes. This was the only way to get what I thought was "real" stats, as I could tell the simmed stats didn't shake out right.

• 3 weeks later...

So last night I had some stuff to do around the Kitchen/Dining room area and I tried this. I got tired and went to bed. The dog woke me up at about 2:30 am and my game was patiently waiting for me to kick off. Apparently it had made it through all of the computer games and felt like 2:30 am was a good time to take on the falcons. 

This morning I finished my game, had forgotten about the night before and the magical state my game was in. I carefully begun studying the blue screen post game show when it flicked off and promptly started the next game....lol.

Now I'm concerned I might not be able to turn it off. If I was playing on a console it'd be one thing, but I'm on Nestopia. I tried turning it off/back on but as soon as I load the last state it is back in "man cave mode". Any ideas? Or am I just hosed for this season until I can load a fresh rom?  :cool:

It's kind of amazing, 20+ years later I'm still learning stuff and finding myself in new an interesting situations with game. 

Edit: Figured it out, used the same Hold A + Start towards the end of the game and mercifully escaped "the man cave loop"

Edited by Ghost