Centralia, WA - 06/21/2014 - Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 3 (PNWTC3)

manYo

Hey!

Just wanted to say thanks to Manyo for putting a one HELLAVA SHINDIG. I always have fun playing Tecmo, but this was a really special event. Great people, great food (what was going with those burgers..bomb!) and of course PICKLEBALL!! 

As I said yesterday, short of inviting myself to the Camp David of Tecmo, I can't wait for another event like this. I'm bringing better court shoes, swim trunks, a whiffle ball bat and a sleeping bag. You guys wont be able to get rid of me.

Props to Grip for persevering. He barely made the knockout round, and won it all. That was a dirty trick you pulled on me with the MIA / Det match though. I was suggesting a true rubber match. I should have clarified. I was mentally checked out at that point though. Even Fairf was weary by the end. I wouldn't believe it if I didn't see it. 

You know who wasn't though?

That's right! TBK. That guy has the Tecmo stamina of a 1,000 men. The sportsman's beverages and consumption of other PED's only seemed to fuel the fire further, while other so called men (myself included) fell to the wayside one by one. If only said PED's kept him from making stupid mistakes like manning Leslie O'neil in a Hail Mary situation...

I'm very interested to see how the PNW rankings work out post tourney. I sort of pulled a Fairfieldian move, myself. Won the regular season, only to fall flat come playoff time.

Lastly, I'd like to set a betting line on the next tournament. An Over-Under on the number of times TBK says the words: "Johnny" (by itself), "Johnny Johnson" (together), and "Johnson" (by itself). The line will be set at 99times combined.

Oh - and I made a mistake yesterday suggesting Randy next drink should be a Rum and Coke. Obviously the correct answer was Four Loko.

Duh.

you guys, me and this leftover keg of MACnJAX are fitting together like macaroni and cheese...... abbott and costella..... llike evans, tinker and chance.... like TBK and Johnny Johnson.... similar to how Elvis in his lowliest moments gravitated toward peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches....... yo.

If ANYONE at all wants to come over and partake with me this week and play some pickleball, well that's pretty much where you'll be finding me, cuz this keg has to FINISH>>>>>>>>

btw, pickleball tournies from this morning/afternoon concluded with a general finish of me first, BurnOne 2nd, and InvaderStar 3rd.... but we all rose our game up considerable, was some TIGHT action, and super fun.

I'll consider doing another tourney/get-together this summer, might have to be a Backyard Olympics of Tecmo/PickleBall/P.I.G./Badminton/Horseshoes/FourSquare/Drunkenness...... but can't promise, we'll have to see..... damn, this keg tho.

thanks for the streaming games.  I watched 4 or 5 games.

hey cool, and it's unfortunate I can't devote all my energies to streaming the games, and all the stuff that goes with it........... it's just a side-thing, and HAS TO BE in order for me to get any enjoyment/tecmo satisfaction out of the day...... HOWEVER, someday this summer, when I'm too beat down to play pickleball, I'll cut up all thsoe games and do highlights, etc., was some epic action to be relived there!

hey cool, and it's unfortunate I can't devote all my energies to streaming the games, and all the stuff that goes with it........... it's just a side-thing, and HAS TO BE in order for me to get any enjoyment/tecmo satisfaction out of the day...... HOWEVER, someday this summer, when I'm too beat down to play pickleball, I'll cut up all thsoe games and do highlights, etc., was some epic action to be relived there!

Dude, just get a team to help with the stream. I'll help I'm sure we have some other knowledgeable peeps too.

Also, I just might see you sometime this week :) Is the keg still rocking? I did all my damage on Friday night. Not a drop of beer on Saturday.

Blue Luigi > Pukey Kamphooey

The tourney was a blast! Fun to have a finals rematch with Grip, but alas he was victorious in this bout. GG man! Can't believe you didn't recall our previous finals match up lol. I might have changed my strategy had I known that.. but you played well so props. On that last pick I was weary of the haddix, but that turned out to be the least of my worries. I gotta work on herding the sheep, that Ellard burn was almost gone! Your run game and d was solid though. It was great to see everyone again! I could get used to having a get together every couple of months  :-D Thanks to manyo for setting this whole thing up and making it really fun throughout, I can't wait do it up big soon. We'll have to get several streaming stations going for sure, with working audio  ;-) Perhaps webcams? We've got time.

and TBK, don't forget what happens...

iq1XPPA.png

:cool:

Props to Grip for persevering. He barely made the knockout round, and won it all. That was a dirty trick you pulled on me with the MIA / Det match though. I was suggesting a true rubber match. I should have clarified. I was mentally checked out at that point though. 

I mean, we split Det/Mia when I was Det and you were miami, so I figured that would be fair. PLUS, come on man, strategy and stuff ;)

The tourney was a blast! Fun to have a finals rematch with Grip, but alas he was victorious in this bout. GG man! Can't believe you didn't recall our previous finals match up lol. I might have changed my strategy had I known that.. but you played well so props. On that last pick I was weary of the haddix, but that turned out to be the least of my worries. I gotta work on herding the sheep, that Ellard burn was almost gone! Your run game and d was solid though. It was great to see everyone again! I could get used to having a get together every couple of months  :-D Thanks to manyo for setting this whole thing up and making it really fun throughout, I can't wait do it up big soon. We'll have to get several streaming stations going for sure, with working audio  ;-) Perhaps webcams? We've got time.

I have a terrible memory when it comes to nuances of past tournaments, like, the teams I lost with in the playoffs and finals. Pretty funny that I went the exact same mental anguish deciding if I wanted to have a mobile QB and great defender, or a great passing attack and hope I can avoid Haddix, like I did at Pac-Rim. 

(For those that weren't there, Invader and I met in the finals at Pac-Rim, he chose TB/RAM, I took TB and lost. At this tourney, he chose TB/RAM again, I forgot about our last encounter, and I chose TB again for the same reason.)

When Ellard burned me I thought we were going to OT (again), but thankfully the TB drones saved the day.

This thing was a blast. The Mac & Jack's keg was supreme. BBQ was dope. Dope was dope.

Next time for streaming playoff games, we should make TBK do a live commentary to go along with the game (since he obviously won't make the playoffs and he'll have free-time to do it)

This would be hilarious lol. Having him on the mic. I support this idea

MUTHAFUCKA JONES!!!!

TBK the best color commentator of his own games EVER!

If you want to have a guaranteed good time playing Tecmo, play TBK.

ps the man has some D pad skills now, I could never juke him, not that I'm the greatest juker, but he gave no extra yardage.

This tourney is on my bucket list.

me too..mort hasnt touched a nes since #buffalobountyII and ol I cant get any games in on console vs other buffalo tecmoers.laztlain is to busy touring europe, ragu11 is to busy at local news gig...d.t. completely vanished in buffalo winter. So I have sell my soul and play online tecmo. You guys have some passion out there...build it and I will come out to tourney 1 day.

and TBK, don't forget what happens...

iq1XPPA.png

:cool:

That F~!n Hailmary pass changed the course of the whole damn Tourney...I was on my highhorse about ready to knocc off the current CHAMP Invader, and then it happened........................

............................The punt is up..............and caught at around the 2 yrd line.........Invader runs his guy out of bounds with one second left.........I'v been shuttin' him down with Leslie O'Neal ALL DAY, so I sticc with what's working.....HIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He starts to roll out with "Lucky F*cchead", for some reason Leslie O'Neal gets CHECKED.....and is outta the play.....now my only option is to go get the QB.....right as I slamm Lucky F*cchead, somehow, he gets the ball off..................Now, I'm thinkin' with a backup QB throwin', and Gill Byrd covering the bottom guy, there's NO WAY he comes up with the ball....................I remember thinking to myself, drop damnit DROP!!!!!!!!!!  Well...................it did.........................right into b!tch a$$ Vance Johnsons' hands, in stride, for the best of 3 series decider, and for the WIN.......................... 

..................................I remember yelling SON OF A B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Invader dropping his controller in amazement, and that was that.   OUCH.                 

........................Make no mistake, I will rectify this BULL$#!T.

Sincerely,

~T.K.

That F~!n Hailmary pass changed the course of the whole damn Tourney...I was on my highhorse about ready to knocc off the current CHAMP Invader, and then it happened........................

............................The punt is up..............and caught at around the 2 yrd line.........Invader runs his guy out of bounds with one second left.........I'v been shuttin' him down with Leslie O'Neal ALL DAY, so I sticc with what's working.....HIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He starts to roll out with "Lucky F*cchead", for some reason Leslie O'Neal gets CHECKED.....and is outta the play.....now my only option is to go get the QB.....right as I slamm Lucky F*cchead, somehow, he gets the ball off..................Now, I'm thinkin' with a backup QB throwin', and Gill Byrd covering the bottom guy, there's NO WAY he comes up with the ball....................I remember thinking to myself, drop damnit DROP!!!!!!!!!!  Well...................it did.........................right into b!tch a$$ Vance Johnsons' hands, in stride, for the best of 3 series decider, and for the WIN.......................... 

..................................I remember yelling SON OF A B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Invader dropping his controller in amazement, and that was that.   OUCH.                 

........................Make no mistake, I will rectify this BULL$#!T.

Sincerely,

~T.K.

That was the play of the tournament

Next time for streaming playoff games, we should make TBK do a live commentary to go along with the game (since he obviously won't make the playoffs and he'll have free-time to do it)

Oh ye of lil' faith Grip............I havn't ever even played you before.  The Champ before you who won the last Tourney was Invader, and I hung with him to the END..literally.  Didn't he BEAT YOU @ PAC RIM???........I'm not that sure you could even beat me.........even if I'm PHOENIX. 

HIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He starts to roll out with "Lucky F*cchead", for some reason Leslie O'Neal Adalius Thomas gets CHECKED.....and is outta the play.....now my only option is to go get the QB.....right as I slamm Lucky F*cchead, somehow, he gets the ball off..................Now, I'm thinkin' with a backup piece of shit QB throwin', and Gill Byrd Rodney Harrison covering the bottom guy, there's NO WAY he comes up with the ball....................I remember thinking to myself, drop damnit DROP!!!!!!!!!!  Well...................it did.........................right into b!tch a$$ Vance Johnsons' David Tyree's hands

..................................I remember yelling SON OF A B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup

I feel ya TBK.  Sounds like total bullshit.  Thanks for the flashback. /\