Centralia, WA - 06/21/2014 - Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 3 (PNWTC3)

manYo

Thinking $20 standard entry fee for the tourney but open to suggestions.  I'll just need to take a bit out to compensate for the medals (don't worry randy i'll bring a receipt for your perusal)..... and then anyone wants some of the mac n jacks, a fee on top of that.  mahalo

please allow me to indulge myself here a little this fine evening, my PNW brothers, as I would like to tell you all a lil' bedtime story, should you want to hear it.... so tuck in tight, kiddos, I think it's kinda good one, might even boGGle your mind in the end, let's find out.......

So, in 1812, this French dude named Napoleon invaded Russia.... now ole Nappy, he was all high and mighty like, sorta just feelin' his oats all around, high-stylin' and profilin', you know, just really FEELIN' it, ya dig?... now ole Nappy, he lost a few battles in life, sure, but NEVER lost a war, or so he thought, so he was just sorta like---biGGity on himself, for real.... altho really he was just kinda---SHORT, but you know, he never thought it....... but this dude, man, he thought he could do WHATEVER the fuck he wanted, and if he didn't actually get what he wanted, YO! he could throw a tantrum bigger than the rottenest most spoiledest brat child you've ever known, like WORDDD!!!

so here was ole Nappy, man, just a-burnin' to get to Moscow, like, all the time a-thinkin', nothing but MOSCOW, MOSCOW, MOSCOW! like it was the last pussy on earth and he was swinging the Golden Prick itself around in his pantaloons, dig... so ole Nappy, man, he rolled right up on those Russians, and you know, they were a little rough around the edges and all, being Russian and shit, just a buncha hard drinkin' Cossack warriors lovin' it all like good times cuz it's bad times and Napoleon's coming at us, like oh no! and shit...... so yeah, the Russians put up some fight, I mean sure why not, but they kept baaaacking up..... and baaaacking up.... and backing up some more, like Shaq on Ostertag in the paint backing up..... and meanwhile, Napoleon be all strutting around like, yup, J'emapelle Napoleon, bitches! MOSCOW, MOSCOW, MOSCOW.....

so Napoleon, he backed those Russians right on up to the gates of Moscow itself, and all of a sudden, he came over a hill and a-there it was..... a great jewel of civilization lay spread out before him, and all his for the taking, just super big and rich and shiny and shit, golden churches and gleaming domes and just a lot of cool stuff, it was awesome..... and Napoleon's like, YESSSSS!!!! FUUUUUUUUCKKK YESSSSS!!!!!

BUT THEN, there was a moment...... a small moment, true, but also a really GIGANTIC one, in which the Earth beneath Napoleon's feet suddenly seemed to turn to quicksand, and he knew it ALL in a flash...... and as he fixed his gaze upon the smoke and flames just then beginning to flicker up all across Moscow, he knew where he stood, and he knew it for sure: he was sunk ...... for Moscow BURNED, comrades. It burned like Satan's last lair, and all of it, just BURNED to the ground, yo...... nothing but raining flames and ash on the Russian steppe, for real, like, DAYAMN!

So in the end, Napoleon had to go home...... it was a long journey, really, just a super long drive back to France..... and then it began to snow......... and then the Cossacks started popping up out of every boulder and snowdrift and dark forest, and before you knew it: Napoleon was finished. He returned to France while most of his men, his best soldiers, did not. It was all over after that for ole Nappy. His lucky star done burned out----he was FINIS..... yo.

And he owed it all to the lure of Moscow, and his own inflated sense of pride and accomplishment......... like, there it was, a vast gem of a city, seemingly in the palm of his hands....... and then, a-there it goes, burned to the ground in what seemed like mere minutes.......... DAMN....... BUT WAIT----cuz who do you think actually set those fires that burned that teeming rich capitol of Russia to ash and ruin? That's right, motherfuckers: THE RUSSIANS. The friGGin' RUSSIANS put those torches to it, yo! Sheeeeeeeeeeit.......... don't you hate stories with a moral in the end.

THE END

PS--I wrote this story last night after a few beers and I also realize it doesn't make total sense, but wtf it was fun to write.

Edited by manYo

Manyo..................you better whoop the **** outta Fairf..........He seems to be pretty convinced that playin you is like taking candy from a baby!!! 

@ Randy.......I want my PHX vs JETS rematch...I'm pretty convinced YOU CAN'T beat me with the Jets.....Johnson will chop up the primadonna like Benihana!!!  Belive DAT!

The Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship III (PNWTC3)

In Which the Johnson Bros., Johnny and Jeremiah, Battle Every Redskin and Bear in the Vicinity, Plus Whatever Else the Tecmo Gods Have in Store for Them, Only to Emerge Victorious in the End, Of Course, Because, Well... they're Johnny and Jeremiah Johnson, beeotches!

post-23470-Jeremiah-Johnson-nod-cropped-ac009e22-8766-4573-9639-51d6bd990b55_zps

DATE: Saturday, June 21

PLACE: Centralia, WA

TIMES: 11am -- 8pm

FORMAT: TBD in detail, but the general idea is to play a bunch of tecmo against as many people as possible... lots of best-of-3 series, Madison-style matchup calling (or mutual agreement is fine), other stuff normal.... end with each player earning their PNW Ranking for the next year, plus top 3 get the PNW Medals of course

BEER: Mac N Jacks pony keg on site

BBQ: yep, meat and fixings TBD (grip with the ribs?)

STREAM: you betcha... plus gonna try to local record as many games as possible

PLAYER ROSTER:

1. manyo

burnone

kamphuna

sirted

gripsmoke

tailback king

bad bad leroy brown

invaderstar

fairf

stu

TBK buddy?

?

7c0aaf75-60cf-4f68-a079-4ef29418f96f_zps

897033b3-0d0d-45be-b24d-bab458c4f5e4_zps1440154_zps99c3bbba.jpg

I'm HELLA PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Location Manyo,,,,,,exact location.....an address would be nice...

^^^This Tourney is turning out to be a PROBOWL of Tourneys.....Star Studded and Talent packed.....one of the NW's best yet.

People around the GLOBE will be tuning into this one!!!.........................and YES, one of those medals will be mine!!!!!!!!

(p.s.   This 1 outta 3 series thing is gonna really show who's good, and who just pulls off lucky wins and never has to play the same opponent again.......I have a feelin' with this new format, there is gonna be some MAJOR upsets.....adapt or be ARRATICATED!!!!!!!)

^^^AAAAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAAA!!!  Your like the Candy Man........I look into the computer screen, put up three posts in a row, and BUCK appears, pops outta the screen and initiates Robert Redford discussions!!!  Now I know what to do when I need you!  It's kinda like the Bat Signal... 

tell me the name of that movie, and I will begin to give you a series of clues, each of them more clever and fiendish than the one prior, all culminating in the exact address of PNWTC3.......

and if ya still can't figure it out, then I figure I'll send out an e-mail before Johnny's cock crows tomorrow morning, which I estimate at around 10am Pacific.

Edited by manYo

picture-98.png

I know what movie that is!!!!!!!!!!  It's Sir Ted starring in the movie The Hunt For Red October...a Movie about trying to stop the Phoenix Cardinal Empire before there's total world domination.....In this scene, Chief Miguel Noisewater (played by Ted) is frantically trying to crack the code that would actually allow him past the inpenetrable walls of the vaunted overlords, Generals and Executioners, King Lonnie Young & Timmothy McDonald..........Spoiler alert, He never does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manyo, is this your way of telling me I'm taking a cab from the train station?

And TBK - That was easily the best post you've ever written. Alert your publisher, your latest fantasy novella is in the works. Too bad for all the pre-teens out there anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Their dreams, and your will be crushed under my boot come Saturday.

But seriously, it was an amazing post.