Centralia, WA - 06/21/2014 - Pacific Northwest Tecmo Championship 3 (PNWTC3)

manYo

you're all fools, and I can't help you.

Manny was the brewmaster for Mack n Jacks. Then he started his own brewery, with the perfected version. If you can't see what's going on here, I can't help you. Drink what you must.

Saying Manny starting his own brewery with a perfected version of his previous brew at Mac & Jack's is like saying Chris Cornell's solo career was the perfected version of his previous work with Soundgarden. You are a heretic.

This is Mac & Jack's.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14r7y6rM6zA&t=30s

This is Manny's

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OgwDVaCiSw

QED

Ha ha Ha Ha Ha hA Ha Ha hA Ha hA Ha hA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WOW.  Sounds like Sir Ted and Gripsmoke got a score ta settle!!!  You guys should battle it out on the Tecmo gridiron, and whoever loses has to take the first chuggs off a beerbong!!!  (Someone should bring one...but I'll bet 50 ta 1 Manyo has one layin' round his house somewhere :))

Edited by ~Tailback King~

But by this twisted, stupid logic - wouldn't Mack n' Jak's be "The Shemps" and Manny's be Soundgarden? It's cool though.

I looked up the bio on Manny. He worked at the Hopvine Club before being hired at Mac & Jack's, so Hopvine Club is The Shemps. My twisted, stupid logic is still sound.

nope, that's actually robert redford as jeremiah johnson in the movie Jeremiah Johnson..... great movie, check it out

I just might have to see if I can find that movie..........The only thing I can think of that would make a better movie is Johnny Johnson starring as Johnny Johnson in an autobiography called Johnny Johnson.................................co starring Billy D. Williams as coach Joe Bugal.

Hot Damn!  the juices continue to rise, and this thing clumping up into some sort of shape now the closer we get to June, like I can just FEEL the details sorta just crystallizing within the Tecmo Aether as I speak/type/blather here and on, so ANYWAY..... I updated the first post with a basic outline of what's going on, but I got a few questions for my PNW brothers:

What time frame is preferable on Saturday, June 21?  I'd like to ask for a 9 hour window if I could, which includes some downtime for BBQ and bullshit of course, but otherwise straight tecmo blastin'..... I would initially propose 10am--7pm, but I can adjust it no problem based on quality and quantity of feedback..... we could do it even later, like 11am -- 8pm, or noon to 9 pm, don't matter to me, or even cut it back to 8 hour tourney, hell I'll take whatever I can get guys.  Also, the option to crash is absolutely an option, just bring a pillow and blanket/sleeping bag and bed roll if you got one, altho I got some of all that extra as well.  If anyone wants to come up/down the night before, you know how I roll, ALWAYS down for the prefunk, in fact, I very much need that to warm up the skillz, hopefully somebody else needs to meet that same objective, we can roll out 20-30 practice games the night before championship style, amirite?

Who in hell is coming?  The first post has the unofficial roster, let me know if something is erroneous there, and I'm loosely capping it at 12, but in the end whatever happens happens, of course.  But please let me know if any of your buddies are coming, like Da Professor or Jason or Joe (which reminds me I need to get ahold of Stu), ASAP, so I can generally plan this event in some sort of way, that's about all I ask is some sort of commitment of attendance and the earlier the much more appreciated on my end, dig.

The Format... I think I might have 6 set-ups going, so people will be playing tecmo pretty much all the time, which is the #Mayhem style, dig, so batten up those thumb calluses girlies, it's bout to go down.  It's feeling like the heart of the tournament will consist of several 3-game series between players, Madison-style and all that, but I might have a few twists in store, although a goal in the back of my mind is to have everybody play everybody at least once, but we'll see.  And in the end...... we'll have the PNW Rankings for the next year until PNWTC4, and of course the medals for the top 3 finishers.

That's all I got for now, gimme feedback please or tell me what I'm forgetting or whatever.....

Get ahold of Stu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  His a$$ is MINE.......I got revenge on my mind!!!  I never played Vader either...

(11 am start time would be PERFECT 4 me.......no later!!!)

(p.s.    Oh yea, Ted.....There won't be any outtappin' Tailback King this time cuzz I'm bringin my own controller!!!  I think you out 'jewed' me at PAC RIM.............but no excuses...Your Jewdyism just far surpasses mine...a Jedi of Jewdyism if you will................Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thangs' in THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope all that on-line play hasn't deminished all of you guys' Tournament skill!!!!!.............but that would just make it eazyer for me!  I'll be playin' against a buncha foolz with worn out thumbs!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ~Tailback King~

This thangs' in THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope all that on-line play hasn't deminished all of you guys' Tournament skill!!!!!.............but that would just make it eazyer for me!  I'll be playin' against a buncha foolz with worn out thumbs!!!!!!!!!!!

My tourney memories are kinda hazy, it's true, but I don't believe we've ever played, TBK...... and yet I've watched some of your games, and you know what, your style of play leads me to believe not only will I dominate you 9/10 times, but at least 4 of those times I will.... SHUT YOU OUT.  That's right, I said it...... DONUTS, yo! 

Got milk....... Johnny?

OH HELL NO.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!  We DEFINITLY havn't played, and the only reason you're gonna be hazy is because your gonna have to 'try' to contain a force that cannot be contained.....Not only is Johnny gonna run past you, he's gonna go over the top, and run right through you.........you better work on your tapp!n skillz.  I'ma bring my own controller to Tourney's from now on so I can avoid being "TEDDED"!!!  (That's when you get outtapped because your controller's broken)  The first time you get tossed by Johnson in about 1.1 seconds, Your gonna feel like you just got baptized by a Deacon!!!!!  The sweat will be pourin' because you're gonna realize one thing early in the 1st quarter.........It's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong series for you...and I don't think you got the "thumbs" for it. 

OH HELL NO.....................!!!!!!!!!!!!  We DEFINITLY havn't played, and the only reason you're gonna be hazy is because your gonna have to 'try' to contain a force that cannot be contained.....Not only is Johnny gonna run past you, he's gonna go over the top, and run right through you.........you better work on your tapp!n skillz.  I'ma bring my own controller to Tourney's from now on so I can avoid being "TEDDED"!!!  (That's when you get outtapped because your controller's broken)  The first time you get tossed by Johnson in about 1.1 seconds, Your gonna feel like you just got baptized by a Deacon!!!!!  The sweat will be pourin' because you're gonna realize one thing early in the 1st quarter.........It's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong series for you...and I don't think you got the "thumbs" for it. 

foreign controllers banned from tournaments, ya heard!

but hey, you can have the best buttoned controller, and you can win all the taps..... hell I won't even try, and STILL shut Johnny down... cuz guess what, NEWSFLASH! that's where the REAL SKILL be, bwa!  It aint in no caveman button mashing, that's for sure...... hope yr ready for the NEXT EPISODE, cuz it's coming to you June 21!  Pffffffftttt..... goes Johnny Johnson!  Johnny Johnson, man, he's so overrated..... Johnny Johnson, man, he SOOOO f'n slow...... Johnny Johnson? sheeit, he aint nothing but TRASH to put on the curb on the way to my next Tecmo victory ........ yeah, but you know what else?  The way he plays in Tecmo, Johnny Johnson has got to be one of the ugliest people of all time, I don't even need to google him to know it.... in fact, I bet he's so ugly, he prolly got a face that would make a TRAIN take a dirt road!  So don't miss that dirt road to Sintralia on June 21, TBK, nope you ride that Johnny Johnson into town, and you'll just see what kind of horse you got left when it's time for RIDIN' OUT!!!

and how exactly am I going to do this, you wonder?  well, you'll have to see to believe, but bring a notebook, cuz class will be in session, a little LINEBACKER 101 with the J-E-T-S, Professors Byrd and Clifton presiding!

Just seeing this thread for the first time after being radically noncommital to Manyo's PM.  I should be good to go on this, provided the following:

• The Mike's Harder Lemonade is black cherry.  

Someone keeps me engaged with other NES versus mode options during my off-games.

Manyo was serious about the racquetball.

Someone has a USB-to-NES Controller converter cord for my keyboard.

My latest parody hits the century mark before the date of the PNWTC3 (currently at 72).  If this has to be achieved by Manyo clicking the video 28 times and watching the video in its entirety, all the better.  

As Tecmo's leading prima donna, I must further state that each one of these points is non-negotiable.   

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIOJIOsJXIA

I might have considered granting all your requests there, but I'm afraid your PNW championship reigns have expired..... which reminds me, PacRim2 Champion Invaderstar said he will be in attendance.

But I will be sure to stock up on the Mike Harder, and yes, the racquetball is definitely a real thing.

Just seeing this thread for the first time after being radically noncommital to Manyo's PM.  I should be good to go on this, provided the following:

• The Mike's Harder Lemonade is black cherry.  

Someone keeps me engaged with other NES versus mode options during my off-games.

Bring a chessboard. I saw your rating in another thread, so you will probably kick my ass, but should be fun still.

ok, boogie with stu is IN!  Some top PNW talent at this thing.....

I'm not actively recruiting anymore people, but if you guys think there's someone worthy to be there, or wants to be there really bad... or if you are bringing a friend, post it up so I know and can do up an accurate schedule, please.  Check the first thread for the current roster.  I'll be working on the pony keg and medals this weekend.

Tournament will run 11am -- 8pm.

I'll send an e-mail out someday soon with information on the address and other stuff... and tighten up the rules, post them, etc.

Edited by manYo