TECMO FOOTBALL LEAGUE (fictional teams, 91-93 rosters)

COA Elway

The breakdown 

Fictional league

'91 and '93 rosters used from NES and SNES

Randomized draft to determine teams

Original playbooks

Juiced and Vanilla mode included

All icons and meters visible (not like my COA only roms)

Several hacks applied

Game clock at 6:22 with original speed

Graphical changes

Credit goes to:

You know who you are! Thank you  :cool: 

TECMO FOOTBALL LEAGUE.zip

*NEW ROM set*

TFL NEW.zip

New logos on a few teams

Las Vegas name change

xplozv "huddle break" code inserted

Juiced/ and Vanilla in folder

Shorter FG hack applied

PC/PA hack applied

Playoff hack applied (5 per side)

Multiple graphics enhancements (with a few minor hinderances) (a few colors around text and BG. The blue sky in a couple cut scenes sacrificed.) 

What was the inspiration for this?

It's just easier for me to stomach using players mixed on a fictional team, rather than using stock Buffalo Bills for instance. I've never used Buffalo at all on any version of Tecmo. For some strange reason I just can't do it. But using the Birmingham Bulls with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas I can, because they're mixed with other players ( not Bills ) and the other rosters are stacked in different ways to match up better.

Mostly I created this because I was bored over the long winter we just finished. I love creating custom schedules, that's my real hobby when I'm bored.  :cool:

Nice work elway, what hacks are implemented in this edit?

Thanks!

Returner

PA/PC 

xplozv 50/50 hack

intro skip hack from xplozv

That's about all I can think of. I kept it pretty basic. I'm working on a new update right now and should be completed tonight sometime. Some new helmets and global text alterations throughout.

post-4777-0-56565900-1399069718_thumb.pnpost-4777-0-67965800-1399069734_thumb.pn

Being an old Oilers fan I found whichever team Warren Moon was on and am rolling with Charlotte so far. Vincent Brown = Beast. Looking forward to the next edit, this is a fun one to pick up and play.

Glad you're enjoying the new twist. I had fun doing the draft and placing the players on their respective teams. New set of roms in zip folder in first post!

• 3 weeks later...

Well Great Work on the Tecmo Football League, It feels playing in an alternate universe when the NFL Players Strike in 1987 which led to the end of it's reign of the National Football League so if that happened Buffalo, Green Bay, Kansas City, New Orleans, San Diego, San Francisco & Tampa Bay will not play in Pro Football and New York and Los Angeles will cut back to 1 team to the league.

So I'm Rooting for Phil Simms and Henry Ellard leading the Los Angeles Stars to the Championship Game!

Elway, this is so awesome! I LOVE IT.

I decided to have a little fun and import my 83 rosters and do a random fantasy draft with your rom. Check it out (attached).

So far Atlanta has won 2 of the 3 championships. I hope this is OK that I shared my edit and tahnk you for the great work!

1983 TECMO FOOTBALL LEAGUE redux Juiced.nes

Edited by qbvikings