Howell, NJ - 06/28/2014 - Shorestock

Chuck

Just chiming in to say I had a great time.  The tournament was really well done for a first tournament and I hope it continues in the future.

My game against Matt was intense.  After shutting me down for three quarters, something clicked and I went into overdrive.  But a lot of it turned around for me when I was playing Greg in the loser's bracket.  I was down 17-7 late in the 3rd quarter and thought it was going to be an early exit before I pulled it out in the 4th quarter.  

I had a good time playing all my opponents (Greg x 2, John, Kevin x 2, Ryan, Pete, Matt and Shawn).  It would have been great to play Shawn in another game for the championship, but he played excellent and made some adjustments early after I jumped out to a 7-0 lead.  I didn't realize it until now, but Shawn was the only person I played that day who I had never played a game of Tecmo against before.

ggs all!

DSC00892_zpsea80192d.jpg

DSC00887_zps3b5f9950.jpg

The trophy wasn't in the building so I received it today, thanks guys!  It looks great.  Is it confirmed that the Northeast gives out the best trophies?  The NYC trophies are like sick Heisman style trophies and i'm pretty sure Connecticut gives out nice trophies too. 

Well, on to the recap.  I thought I was done early on in this tournament.  In my two first games, I fumbled the opening kickoff but I battled back with good defense. 

I played my friend Ricardo who I came with in my first game.  He's known as the infamous Iturrey in the B&G universe.  He got off to an early lead after a kick return fumble and was playing well.  I was able to score right before half with a bomb and out-tap to tie the game up.  I eventually took the lead 21-17 and Ricardo had a chance to win it but I held him out of the end zone for the win.  I picked the matchup Bengals/Chiefs(me).  He was my dark horse in this tournament but I guess he was mentally fucked after losing to me as he finished 1-2.  

My next game was Saints/Packers(me).  It was another tight game where I had to come from behind and hold off a comeback charge. It was 17-10 after a late score from me and I saftied him on the final play of the game on a called play.

Tecmobo (Oklahoma on TB.org) was up next.  He was a really nice guy and it was nice to meet him.  He called Browns/Packers and I picked the Browns.  Once again, it was a tight game. QB Browns was the difference though as I narrowly won this one too.

DSC00871_zpse709f3a9.jpg

I caught some breaks in my next game against Pete Dorsey. I called Cowboys/Cards and got the Cowboys.  I took an early 7-0 lead then he fumbled right before half and I returned it like 70 yards for the touchdown.  He fumbled later on too when he was attempting a comeback.  

Kevin (Tadaos) was up next and I called Falcons/Redskins. He picked the Skins and Rypien was TURRRRIBLLEE. He threw two jump picks and 1 INT to a linebacker.  Rison did his thing stretching the field and I took this one 17-7 I think.  That win put me in the Winners bracket final against Brian who beat Matt in a thrilling OT game then Tadaos in a Patriots/SeaCawks game. 

I called Bucs/Chargers and he picked the Chargers. I had some margin of error because Brian had to beat me twice to win it all. But once again, I got off to a bad start.  Two awful runs then an INT then I had to punt on my next drive down 7-0... but, don't read this.. watch the video.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj81viG3ggQ

DSC00881_zps47adaf24.jpg

I did a terrible commentary recording this...Do I usually sound like a 12 year old when I talk?

It was worth it for the end though 

"Shawn's balls are shriveled...his ass cheeks are clinched.."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everybody,  

The tournament was just about a month ago and i just submitted the results to NETSBA.  I was missing the score of one game but all the others were submitted.  It turned out to be a great tournament and I thank NETSBA, John P, dave daff, anyone who brought equipment, and bob shedd for all their help.  A serious special thanks to Erin and Sarah for recording the results and mapping out the tourney.

The show turned out to be a blast and here are some shirts we had.

For participating in the tournament you got this.  

u6usupyp.jpg

We also had these available:

ytysuga9.jpg

gemygydu.jpg

5y3y2uba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk