Howell, NJ - 06/28/2014 - Shorestock

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry i haven't posted in here more recently, but anyway we talked to the venue and they said they do not allow alcohol inside.  Sorry guys, but that shouldn't stop the fun!

Tecmo.Bo and anyone else, if you are coming with somebody that plans in playing in the tournament, can you have them send me an email just to let me know they are planning to enter.  The email address is [email protected]

The following are a list of current participants as you asked:

Chuck

Morse

John

Perry

Ray

Bordier

Kevin

Smith

Greg

Lewis

Craig

Rothman

Kevin

Lightbody

Erik

Merliss

Jonathan

Brancaleone

War

Shaikh

Brian

Rausse

Scott

Stefanek

Ryan

Krebs

Louis

Buennagel

Patrick

Blanchard

Alain

Blanchard

Matt

DeGeorge

Shawn

Suchy

Ricardo

lturry

OK guys, looks like we have 2-3 more to add to the tournament.  I have updated the start time to 2:30.  Please try to be there for 2:00 to give us time to ensure everyone showed up.  Take this extra time you have in the morning to go to the beach or eat at mariners cove in Brielle.  That's where you'll find me!

Changing the time from 10am to 2:30 pm actually impacts a lot of people, considering a large chunk are traveling from significant distances. Maybe double-check with some of those coming from Buffalo/Connecticut, etc to make sure that doesn't change their plans. I understand you're trying to convenience people, but it's possible they could actually be inconvenienced after planning on one time for many weeks and then finding out it's something completely different 4 days before the start. You don't want people bailing because of something as simple as a start time.

Yeah I agree with Hoigaard and Stalltalk. 2:30 is not a good time. 10 a.m. or latest 11 a.m. is good. it usually takes 30 minutes to an hour for everyone to settle in and start. Plus, I was told I would receive lunch with the 35 doll hairs I spent.  ;-)

Sorry guys I cant make it this time. already emailed chuck.  has nothing do with the starting times...im working late friday (ill be too tired to drive by myself) and i simply cant afford the trip by myself at the moment. Mort is working sat and i cant get anybody locally who wants to go. Im fine with the money going to prize pool if you cant do refunds...but have it all go to prize pool please. Gl to everyone who is going...im pissed i cant make it.

Louis, 

We have no problem refunding your fee.  We appreciate your offer to throw it in the prize pool, but we will send it back.

Some people have reached out to me and expressed their concerns for the later start time.  We appreciate your responses and decided we didn't want to lose anybody because of the start time.  Our thinking was to adjust the time to ensure the championship game was played right before the headliner band went on, but I want to make sure we have as many Tecmo bowlers as possible for the tournament.  We can have the start time set for 11:00a.m.  Hopefully this works for everybody still.

I'll be emailing those who offered to bring equipment.  So keep an eye out. 

Prizes will be

1st: Trophy and $250

2nd:  $125

3rd:  $75

Here are the gameplay rules for shore style Tecmo 2014: Chuck will do a follow-up post regarding tournament style type soon as were are still signing in a few last competitors.

Procedural & Gameplay Rules

1. Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (B) his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.

“One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.

Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.

WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.

No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. If no one scores in the first OT, a new game will begin and the first competitor to score will be declared the winner. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in each OT period, the kicking team in the first OT will be the receiving team in the new game (i.e. the second OT).

Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.

Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.

Tournament disputes: Charles Morse and John Perry are the tournament referees. They will decide all game play disputes.

Controllers: Tournament competitors are not allowed to bring their own controllers to use during games i.e. "special or altered" only standard controllers will be used for game play.

If there were a tournament for making fliers, I bet I'd win. But there's not, so I'm sure I'm gonna go my usual 2-5 in this tourney :(

ShoreStyle2014forweb.png

WOW!! Best flier yet!!

Enjoy fellas, couldn't make this one due to prior engagements. I'll be looking for updates.

Thanks a lot to chuck for hosting.  It was a fun tournament at a very nice venue.  Kudos!  Results were:

1) Sean Suchy (stalltak)

2) Brian Rause (chaosrison)

3) Kevin Smith (tadaos)

4) Matt DeGeorge (dynastygeorge)

Tied 5th Pete Dorsey (cubantecmo) and Erik Merliss (arncoem)

Finals games went like this:

Winner's Brackett Finals Shawn beat me 17-7 ATL vs WAS  Rypien looked horrendous throwing 3 picks.

Loser's Brackett FInals Brian beat me 17-3 in an ugly NE vs SEA matchup.  Kreig threw 3 picks to everyone BUT Ronnie Lippett.  Wilson is able to bomb it to Marv Cook a couple of times and that was the game.

Grand finals Shawn defeats Brian 10-7 TB vs SD.  Brian had a chance on 4th and 4, 2 min to go, to kick a FG and tie it up but went for it and got picked off by Haddix.  His defense holds and forces a punt.  FInal shot with 15 seconds to go.  In comes Vlasic in BAD and short arms one as time expires and Shawn hangs on to win it all.

Great games everyone had a blast!  Congrats to Shawn for bringing it home!

Edited by tadaos