Howell, NJ - 06/28/2014 - Shorestock

Chuck

Hey Guys,

After attending two Madison tournaments, my roommate and I discussed how fun it would be if we had a tournament ourselves.  A friend of ours was equally interested and we started throwing some ideas together.  I would like to inform everyone that on June 28 we will be hosting the newest Tecmo tournament and it will take place at the Jersey Shore.

The tournament will coincide with a concert we are putting on.  The venue we booked, Game Changer World, has a separate game room to host the tournament and is large enough to hold both events with a capacity of up to 800 people.  We will also serve lunch during the tournament.        

The entrance fee is $35.  This will get you a spot in the tournament, a shirt in your size, food, and access to the show.  We are limiting the number of entries to 96 as this is our first tournament.  Their will be payouts and and trophies awarded, however, the prize will be based on the number of entries.         

Registration is now open and players can sign up on the NETSBA site.  Or you can click the following link:

http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_event/jersey-shore-tournament/

We are reaching out to a few sponsors that may be able to supply all the equipment for the tournament, but we would appreciate any help if participants within the Tecmo community could pitch in and bring any available NESs, controllers, aux/coax cable, Power cords, or TSBs.  There are plenty of TVs at the venue so we have that covered.

We invite you to come hang at the Jersey Shore with us!

To Summarize:

Date: June 28, 2014  11:00 A.M.

Where:  GameChanger World 798 US 9 S  Howell, NJ (GPS may call it Freehold)

# of Participants: 22  

Entry fee: $35  (Chance to win the grand prize, shirt, food, access to SHORESTOCK 2014 included)

Type of show:  Rock/Hardcore/Punk (Feat. Title Fight, Get Real, Night Birds, Full Speed Ahead, and more)

Format: Subject to change based on number of entries but extremely similar to Madison 

Rules:  Madison Style  (To be posted)

Prize:  Overall tournament champion will win a trophy as well as a cash grand prize. Cash prizes will also be rewarded to top players. To be determined by number of entrants.

Registration:  http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_event/jersey-shore-tournament/

Hotel Info:  Will be provided soon

Email:  [email protected]

facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/events/1480154212201870/

By the way, first post....Happy to officially join the Tecmo community!

-Chuck

Edited by Chuck

Jersey shore tourney sounds awesome.  You should talk to Brian Rausse and Matt Bird about joining www.northeasttecmo.com.  I'm sure Brian can also get you more than a few names in the NYC area and from the other events on netecmo.   I can say with some confidence if I have that weekend free Louis and myself are in.  Also if any of you guys got the time I would love to have you up in Buffalo this May.

http://www.northeasttecmo.com/contact-netsba/

Edited by mort1237

Thanks Mort.  I contacted NETSBA so hopefully they are willing to help and I can get the info up on there.  I took a look to see when your Buffalo tournament was, but I will be returning from a work trip the night before so I won't be able to make it.  What I do need to do is find my way out to Ralph Wilson (rip) stadium for a Jet game!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been working with Brian on NETSBA, they are going to add registration on their site for us.  That might actually be up Tuesday or Thursday night depending when time permits them.  A second link hosting the concert tickets will also be posted.  Sorry, i'll have to check back in later tonight to post an update.  

For now, enjoy some photos of the venue.

post-13148-0-73104600-1398701634_thumb.j

post-13148-0-40351100-1398701653_thumb.j

post-13148-0-63923000-1398701672_thumb.j

post-13148-0-87007500-1398701686_thumb.j

Are there any payouts on this?

How much of this is a tournament and how much is a concert?

Yes, there will be payouts based on number of entries, as well as trophies.   

Tournament registration will be $35 and it will include shirt, catered food, and access to the show.  Show only tickets are $17.  Amazingly, the venue is built to host this exact event.  Should be a good time.   

If you are interested in what the concert half will look like, here are some videos.

Title Fight

August 11, 2012 at The Electric Factory in Philadelphia for This is Hardcore

http://vimeo.com/48446787 

GET REAL

Record Release September 2003 at Hamilton Street Cafe in Bound Brook.  

Although this is not the largest audience they have played in front of, there is still no better video that can describe Shore Style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rNNNNbqxJY

Night Birds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgM_-CE0W9s

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chuck this is from Erik in CT - we host the CT Tournament every 1st Sat of December in Southington CT that's part of NE Tecmo Site.

Hit me up when get a chance as we have a bunch of systems, TVs, etc that can bring w/ us along & I'll probably be bringing a decent group of ppl for the ride - Tadaos, Pete "Cuban Tecmo" & I'll reach out to a few other guys in the CT, Mass, NY area

[email protected]

Ill have mort email everyone on buffalo email list about the tournament. Im not sure if Mort can make it as of now (he may have to work) but im planning as going for now. Ill confirm in the next week or so.

Myself and a couple friends are going to go still. Haven't signed up yet. I have some that are going who don't play Tecmo. But, will there be alcohol at the tournament? Can we bring our own?  I am just curious because alcoholics may be coming with me.

All signed up. Hopefully we start seeing some of the names signed up soon and some updates on format, groups, etc. That always gets the juices flowing.

I also co-sign MattyD's question about alcohol. I will need it after another tourney flame-out.

Hey guys,

OK, so Initial post stated we were capping registration at 96.  That would have been best case scenario, but we don't expect we're going to have an event that big, so the good news is I think it's safe to say we won't need a 10 AM start!  Regardless we are still very excited for our inaugural tournament.  Looks like I got some bots in there so i need to filter that out.  I can post names of participants fairly soon.  

The venue does not have an alcohol license so you will not be able to buy it there.  We are unsure if the venue will allow alcohol to be brought in since it is an all ages venue.  Still, we will talk to them about it and see what they say.  Once we do that I'll let post the info here.  I'll try to get that for you by next weekend.  

To organize the groups we are targeting to close registration Sunday night June 22 and post groups on the 23.  So help us get the word out to get those registration forms in!

We appreciate the support we have been getting!