CPU Coin Flip Selection

TheRaj

Anyone know or looked at how the CPU selects to Receive or Kickoff after they win the Coin Flip? I run a CPU league and owners would like to see if there is a way to select that preference per team, or have the CPU select Kickoff more then Receive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

• 3 months later...

Im still working on this, but have found that the computer selects who wins the coin flip and the choice they will make BEFORE the game starts. So as soon as I select the 2nd COM player (and right before the Preseason or Season screen) the selection is already in the COM. I have tested this with multiple saves.

So now I know when the computer selects the winner, now just got to find where it selects the winner :)

You are not really correct. The whole game will turn out the same if you run a game from the same save state(s).

The CPU is always making the same choice because you are always loading from the same state thus the every time a random numbers check is being done at time X that number will be the same.

There is a random number load going on for the kick receive choice. It could be hacked to load a team preference.

• 4 years later...