Madison Mini-tourney ideas

Coconuts

So with a bunch of us staying at the Super 8 on Hayes, instead of a mini-tourney, was wondering if a team thing would be interesting to you guys. Maybe pairs or groups of 3-4 and duke it out. I still would have to think about stuff, but figured I'd throw this out there if we're gonna have a bunch of guys playing anyways..any takers?

I've always liked the Ryder Cup-style idea that people have done in the past and that's a really cool idea that you have to do it that night. Stipulations like:

-Man vs Man (Teams decide which guy they want to play in what slot, strategize against who they think other teams will put in certain slots)

-One guy plays first half, another plays second

-One guy plays each quarter

-One guy plays offense, the other defense

-Etc

I'd definitely be up for that. Brian R (ChaosRison) and I will be hanging out at the hotel that night (staying with a friend of mine nearby), so we're planning on joining to play regardless of what the setup is. Depending on how many we have and/or where people are from, we went with a regional team thing, could be fun- For example, I know Mort & Lou are staying there as well so the 4 of us could form a NY Team (Brian & I are NYC, Mort & Lou are Buffalo).

There's at least 12-15 guys that are staying there that i know of for sure..may be more. IDK, but I personally think it'd be more interesting if no one who was traveling together was on the same team, but not everyone shares my opinions. If we drew names out of a hat, or have a few captains who'll make picks, that'd be sweet. Otherwise we could do regional teams or something, any other thoughts from other guys who are staying there?

Nothing too formal. Nice thing about the night before is meeting new people, drinking, relaxing, and playing scrimmages. At least that's what's been done the last three year

coco, hope you can make it thursday with me... i want to blister my fingers from the time I get there to sunday dawn... you got a system set-up?

rooms have tvs, prob flatscreens... anyone bringing crtvs?

I can bring a system/game/2 controllers, not sure about the TV. I'll look into it. All depends if my direct deposit kicks in before then(setting it up tomorrow). If not, then I'll be down early Friday, can't get my check until 8am. Either Thursday night or Friday by 11am. 

Nothing too formal. Nice thing about the night before is meeting new people, drinking, relaxing, and playing scrimmages. At least that's what's been done the last three year

coco, hope you can make it thursday with me... i want to blister my fingers from the time I get there to sunday dawn... you got a system set-up?

rooms have tvs, prob flatscreens... anyone bringing crtvs?

I can bring a system/game/2 controllers, not sure about the TV. I'll look into it. All depends if my direct deposit kicks in before then(setting it up tomorrow). If not, then I'll be down early Friday, can't get my check until 8am. Either Thursday night or Friday by 11am. 

cool, I'm scheduled to drop into Madison at 9 pm Thursday

Im more down for pick up games because I have get mort from the airport in madison friday night. Ill be there friday afternoon. Id also like to drop off our equipment to josh and Chet at some point friday night at the badger bowl.

I assume this meet-up would occur later in the evening after the setup and pickup games at Badger Bowl?

I like that idea. Toolie, Kamp, and myself won't be getting to Hayes Rd until about 10:00 pm. We would love to participate.

The offensive/defensive idea sounds like a very nice idea!

I seriously am down for whatever. This is my first, and possibly, but hopefully not, my last Madison tourney. I'm as excited for the Friday games and meetups as I am for the actual tourney.

If we were to do some sort of Ryder cup -ish action, I'm sure Manyo would be down to represent, and maybe even Brudde to bring a WEST COAST FLAIR to the shebang. Either way, as long as there is tecmo and tecmo players involved, I'm straight.

JUST OVER 2 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Last year Mort, Lou, myself and a few others had a little tourney Friday after we left registration/pick-up games at Badger Bowl on Friday night. I'm sure a little tourney can be done at the Super 8 later Friday night, we can discuss details at early registration or back at the Super 8.

I did print out this Fathead wall decal that is waiting to have some lucky winner's name on it. post-12840-0-84470500-1394164427_thumb.j

Edited by JimSocks13