Body Balance & Agility

Bad Moon Rison

Rod wrote in another post that BB controls spin moves and Agility is for jumping moves. I always thought the exact opposite was the case.

After I read the post, I ran a play with Steve Tasker, who has a terrible BB rating of 6. The guy spun four times on a kickoff and made it to the opposing 20 because of his moves.

Are BB and agility specifically for something like jumping and spinning?

Sometimes I pull things out of my ass......

Straight from the horse's mouth...

Body Balance - Sense of Balance

Agility - Speed at which a player changes direction

TSB III Manual -> http://www.cyberfootball.homestead.com/manual.html

Page about abilities -> http://www.cyberfootball.homestead.com/manual20.html

Thanks for the manual Chad....

Ah, the ever-so-helpful Tecmo instruction manual.

My favorite:

"Passing accuracy: Accuracy of passing"

Body balance might be the player's ability not to slip in crappy weather. Agility might be attributed to what Tecmo actually says it is, that a player can change directions quicker without losing much speed.

• 2 months later...

So, this topic's been dead for a while, but with some recent talk about ball carrier moves, I'm still really curious to see what everyone thinks.

My guess was that BB controls all moves - frequency of spins, hurdles, dragging poor LBs, and how far a dive goes. I thought Rison was right about Agility being how fast a player turns and cuts, like the manual claims.

One reason I think this: BB appears for the 1st time in TSBII, when moves also appear for the 1st time. Agility comes in TSBIII - it could be that players all had the same value before, or it was "hidden" like QB ball control values.

Any more ideas?

Nameless Loser,

I think you might be dead on. I've been thinking about it a lot and it seems to me:

Agility: A player's ability to perform spinning, hurdling, possibly jumping moves.

Body Balance: A player's ability to drag someone.

I think we should test it out, or at least look at the stats of some players. As I said before, I did some pretty nifty spinning with Tasker, and his BB attributes suck. I know Bettis can drag like a mo'fo. At least we can check their stats.

Another question for thought: What causes a player to slip and fall in bad weather?

• 1 month later...