Fire Emblem Awakening

DeBerg

This was a brilliant game and made the 3DS very worth playing in my eyes.

I've never played any other games in this series but the whole moving characters around on a chess board like environment with tactical combat was pretty fun.

The game felt refreshing and challenging where so many new games today can be finished so quickly.

If you like that game you should try Vagrant Story for the PS 1.  Very underrated game IMO.  I had the game but sold it before PS 2 came out. Found out later there was a variant black cover or something and it sells for like $200+ on E-bay.  The one I sold for like $10 was the variant.  One of the worst deals I've ever made.  The game was fun and interesting as well.

If you like that game you should try Vagrant Story for the PS 1.  Very underrated game IMO.  I had the game but sold it before PS 2 came out. Found out later there was a variant black cover or something and it sells for like $200+ on E-bay.  The one I sold for like $10 was the variant.  One of the worst deals I've ever made.  The game was fun and interesting as well.

I came across the SNES version of Tecmo Super Bowl II (Special Edition) that I see on Ebay going for around 50 or more dollars, but I got mine for only 20 dollars. The guy at the game store had no idea what he had that day! ;-)

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, I just discovered this site. I had no idea people were making updated versions of Tecmo Bowl. That's so awesome, I played that game so much as a kid.

Anyhow, on topic, tactical rpg/strategy games are one of my favorite genres. Fire Emblem: Awakening is incredible. There's also 2 Fire Emblem GBA games, 1 Gamecube title, 1 on Wii, and 1 on Nintendo DS.

Final Fantasy Tactics is another good franchise. There's 1 on PS1, 1 on GBA, and 1 on DS.

As previously mentioned Shining Force 1 and 2 for Genesis and 1 on GBA.

Age of Empires has 2 games on DS

I would also recommend Advance Wars. It's more modern, but lots of fun. There's 2 on GBA and 2 on DS. 

There's more, but I think that's enough for now. 

• 1 month later...