Is Tecmo Kick off worth it?

DeBerg

The game play is fine, musch like SNES TSB. However, the stat tracking interface leaves a lot to be desired.  Overall, the customization is similiar to TSB III except you get to choose team colors, team names, edit players, edit player attributes and select team logos from a pre-existing set.  The team logos are pretty generic but the customization feature is adequate and should keep you busy for a while.  I actually like the game, I just wish they could have fixed the stat tracking system to mimic previous iterations.  If you can get over the stat issues, the game actually plays well!

I think I will have to buy it and check it out! The logos wouldn't bother me as long as I can edit in the correct colors. With 32 teams, I can easily do a "Greatest teams" mod on it, that's something I've been wanting to do for a long ass time.

The 3DS in general is an awesome system. I've already found a handful of awesome games on it in just a month. The Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate game is a blast, both the Zelda games; the re-issue of Ocarina and A Link Between Worlds are a blast, the latest Pokemon game is awesome (Yes I still play Pokemon as an adult), I especially adore Fire Emblem Awakening, and I have the Spiderman Edge of Time, old DS version which is an OK game for a side scroller.

Wish there was a way I could put TSB III on my 3DS.

, I just wish they could have fixed the stat tracking system to mimic previous iterations.  If you can get over the stat issues, the game actually plays well!

Could you elaborate more on this?  Which stats aren't tracked, which are?   Or do you mean it's just harder to dig through the stats for non leaders etc.

• 4 weeks later...

The stat tracking menu is awkward in terms of navigation & viewing your stats--it is unlike the user friendly menu of previous games.  If I recall, the system tracks and stores the stats per team so you can't really rack and stack like the typical TSB everyone has grown accustomed to, however, repetition somewhat alleviates the awkward feeling to a degree. So, yes--a lot of digging is required.  Like said the gameplay is fine/similar to SNES TSB.