Update on me and my madison journey (video)

joeygats

for diagonals, you gotta bend and roll your thumb over and touch the two D-pad directions simultaneously.  and you have to still make your circular/smooth angular motions to keep your speed, of course.  

it sounds like you need to just pop up a game vs COM and sit there and work on your circles with that d-pad.   literally spend an hour doing circles, left and right, etc.

Edited by buck

Hey man, glad to know you are alive and well!

I can't speak for everyone about this, but I have zero desire to ever be repaid. I can, however, collectively speak for the community in saying that you should come and that it would be awesome to meet you.

Tecmo Madison is all about friends, good times and Tecmo. 

You'll get the hang of the controller in time. I wouldn't expect to be amazing with it after a few tries. You have to press both directions at once, Up + Left for instance.

Thanks for posting Joey.

Just want to see you have fun in Mad town (even though I think you are going to do great) 

Worst case scenario you will go 0-3 like me, but I'll use my Razor Wit to help you get to 2nd base with one of the waitresses.  #wingman

Gats,

I'm pretty sure no one cares about the money # 1,

The controller you will figure it out you have plenty of time.

I realize your social issues but the thing you really need to see with your own eyes is this, you have way more ppl that are your friends and care about you than you realize. The best part of a live tourney is the ppl man. I'm sure everyone will tell ya shit you know I have never been a guy who was in the running to win any tourney i have ever been too. But I can honestly tell ya that was about the least important thing. I have relationships that will last forever, friendships that are real, I would lay in traffic for any of the vogts, ruble, diaz, the millers, reinhart,Luke Carlberg, hendrshot, ryan mccay, mort & lewis or jon jones to name a few. I have pals from this that do so much more than play a 8 bit game. The first ppl i told and asked about being a parent were these guys. Life advice who do turn to the tecmo community. When i go to a tourney and see Mort it always brings a big smile to my face (no homo) even when he beats me on a last second JJ after a McMillen int fumble. I have said it several times on several post and to several ppl in person. Winning is not the most important thing meeting up with ppl you have a common bond with is the thing that is important. For you and the tough situation that you have been in, this is what you need winning is possible for you and your gonna cause serious problems for anyone but its just simply not important, you coming and meeting ppl that are your friends and a break from the tough road is the single most important thing. Trust me your attitude and relationships will be different after you can shake hands and talk to these guys.

Gats,

I'm pretty sure no one cares about the money # 1,

The controller you will figure it out you have plenty of time.

I realize your social issues but the thing you really need to see with your own eyes is this, you have way more ppl that are your friends and care about you than you realize. The best part of a live tourney is the ppl man. I'm sure everyone will tell ya shit you know I have never been a guy who was in the running to win any tourney i have ever been too. But I can honestly tell ya that was about the least important thing. I have relationships that will last forever, friendships that are real, I would lay in traffic for any of the vogts, ruble, diaz, the millers, reinhart,Luke Carlberg, hendrshot, ryan mccay, mort & lewis or jon jones to name a few. I have pals from this that do so much more than play a 8 bit game. The first ppl i told and asked about being a parent were these guys. Life advice who do turn to the tecmo community. When i go to a tourney and see Mort it always brings a big smile to my face (no homo) even when he beats me on a last second JJ after a McMillen int fumble. I have said it several times on several post and to several ppl in person. Winning is not the most important thing meeting up with ppl you have a common bond with is the thing that is important. For you and the tough situation that you have been in, this is what you need winning is possible for you and your gonna cause serious problems for anyone but its just simply not important, you coming and meeting ppl that are your friends and a break from the tough road is the single most important thing. Trust me your attitude and relationships will be different after you can shake hands and talk to these guys.

Amen.

i wear a glove in practice to keep blisters off my thumb from the dpad.  Clearly it is a rite of passage.  One I think Joe can pass with flying colors.  I like the ideal of doing circles against the cpu.

Practicing so much that you need a glove to prevent blisters? The TecmoX field might be in trouble. 

Gats, you don't look that bad for not seeing sunlight in 4 years.  Actually look rather healthy   :)  On a personal note, sucks that I won't be at Madison to see/meet you personally.  And you notice that there are tons of people who aren't trying to play the sympathy card buddy.  I have to echo what Ryan mention earlier, that the tecmo community at large is probably one of the coolest & laid back set of guys you'll ever meet.  So what if you go to Madison and go 0-3, nobody gives a shit!!  People win & lose all the time and it will continue long past our playing days.  I went 1-2 at my first Madison and didn't qualify for the bracket.  I spent the rest of the day meeting the Bgboud, Flo, Houlie, Moulds, and countless dudes who are just plain AWESOME!

Trust me when we all say it, nobody is worried about being paid back.  We just want one of our own to experience the MECCA that is Madison Tecmo Tournament.  Go, enjoy it, savor it, and be ready for some of the MOST intense Tecmo Super Bowl games you've ever seen in your life!!  After Madison, you'll have plenty of friends to be proud of... except for Randy, because he just sucks.

Edited by bradbears81