Seattle, WA - 04/12/14 - Pac-Rim Tecmo II

SirTed

No Joke...............He's just the best player, on one of the shittyest teams, and it really doesn't seem to matter who's up against him...he just DEFIES unspeakable odds.....(the Tecmo Golden Child if you will)........and if you play against me when I'm using him, your in for one of the worst a$$ whoopins of yo LIFE...You'll probably find that out at PAC RIM ll if you show up, or are unlucky enough to have to play me.

I would kill you with SF...ha ha...Don't you love when you talk TECMO to someone and they reply with, "I am awesome with SF."  Well, who the f__k isn't?  Conversation goes like this:

"Hey, you play TECMO?"

"Hell yeah, I am awesome."

"Cool, who do you play with?"

"SF, I kill everybody."

So now you are thinking to yourself, "Does this guy really PLAY?"...so you ask, "So you change your plays and everything?"

They reply with, "No, I just throw it up to Rice every time."

And you end discussion, knowing they don't TECMO.

J. Johnson best player...that is saying a lot.  Best player on Shitty team...maybe more fitting.  That said, you better be able to run you A$$ off if you play the Cardinals, because they can't throw for s__t.

Cardinals are an interesting dilemma...kind of like the Saints.  If you pick those teams (and are playing an equally strong team), you gotta believe you can win the button-pushing.

Life better not get in the way of Pac-Rim for me...

Edited by gudor

In my opinion, Johnny Johnson is the best player, for the simple fact that he can run, catch, return punts, and kicks and put up extaordinary numbers vs man or computer.........and do it all by himself, as good or better than anybody else..........because he can..........and because he has to.  The ultimate underdogg. 

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Johnny Johnson single-handedly beat Kweh in our Madison Group Finals, I'll give him that......

even in BAD, and with Sikahema (I think it was) in EXCELLENT.... Johnny toted that rock to the DUB.

I'm playing for this shirt as much as anybody else.

alright then... well you c'mon up to Mayhem 3 and either EARN this shirt by beating me, or else you take one in the tecmo YARBLEZ and watch me sport it at every PNW tourney until you do..... that is, if you got any yarblez, or tecmo skillz to speak of, mistah JOHNNAY JOHNSAY!!

so those are the stakes. here's how we roll: you take PHX every game vs. me in a best of 7 series.

as for me, I can choose one of seven teams each game (but each team only once per series): DAL, PIT, NYJ, NO, ATL, GB, or SEA.

you want it? COME GET IT!!!

but anytime you can, boy, I'll be ready and raring for our DET/CIN series...... believe dat...... so you're invited to Manyo's Mayhem 2, as well...... if ya got the yArbLeZ, that is!

i'm staying two nights when i come over for my son's chess tournament. i will not be at pac rim because of my son's tournament, but my wife gave me permission to take you to the cleaners one of those two nights. i'm staying friday/saturday night. let me know your availability, if any.

awesome, will let you know soon...

Quetion about the rules:

I think the rules state something about receivers can only run the ball on reverses...what about teams like the Redskins (they only have 1 RB but 3 WRs).  On nearly 1/2 of running plays a receiver ends up running the ball (and lined up as a WR, not a RB).  I assume the ‘spirit of the rule' is that you don’t put a WR in a running back position (and run the ball), but some teams only play one RB…then what?

Redskins have more than 1 RB (Byner, Bryant and Riggs to name 3)  You can change the playbook to suit your style.

Thanks kamp...

Does that mean we must put a RB in as a WR if we want to use all the run plays?  Take the Redskins, if you play with the standard players (RBs as RBs and WRs as WRs), many of the run plays (non-reverses) will end up running with a WR.  Does that mean you must put a RB in as a WR if you want to run those plays?

So when you say change the playbook, does that mean I can make my running plays utilize ONLY ONE true RB...or of course substitute in a RB as a WR as I explained above and have access to all runs?  I assume we cannot utilize those run plays that put the ball in a WR's hands unless we had a RB in there.

I am also emailing Madison people as I just want to make sure - it changes the teams so much.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks again.

More importantly, if I want to run those plays, I MUST put RB in WR1 spot.  This rule is HUGE...totally changes team match-ups for me and my buddies (we allow and RB/TE/WR to be used interchangeably).

thanks for the quick reply...

Edited by gudor

I emailed Madison guys, this is what I got:

The rule is firm, and applies to all teams, including the Redskins and the Falcons.

In previous years, we allowed teams like that to have WRs carry the football (e.g. Ricky Sanders or Andre Rison), but people were confused as to which teams/situations allowed this, so we changed the rule to be black and white.

As you may expect, half the players like the rule, and half the players don't like it.

Good luck with your tournament. If you do decide to use our rules or our format for your tournament, we would appreciate attribution.

Josh

This Tourney is almost among us!!!!!!!!!!  Me and the PNW Posse have been training, eating our vitamins, and prayin' that we don't put on such an a$$ whoopin' clinic on the competition, that the new Tecmo Tourney record for 21 one and done rule will be BROKEN!!!!!!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!  But in all likely hood it will...............................I'm comin' into this thang with REVENGE on my mind!!!  I got two players, and two teams on my PAYBACK list...  Kamp & Ted!!!  And I'm SURE you two will honor the rivalry and use the Cowboys and the Steelers accordingly...unless your scared...and it's perfectly understandable if you are...I wouldn't want to play against a pi$$ed off Johnny Johnson either!

WHAT........................is everybody in pre~tourney meditation mode???  Is everybody savin' all their talkin' fo da TOURNEY???  Ted???????  Where ya at???  Kamp & Manyo, I know you guys didn't get demoralized by the Tourney in Madison did you???  If a shark smells blood of an injured fish in the ocean, he kills it and eats it!!!  Maybe now you guys are scared and vulnerable like lil' baby chickens that just hatched!!!  Ha hA Ha!!!!!!!!  Now I will use your self doubt as a weapon against you guys in the PAC RIM Tourney!!!  You can just call me "THE PREDATOR"  

MANYO'S MAYHEM 3: "Johnny Johnson's Magical Mystery T-Shirt Tourney"

winner gets an XL Johnny Johnson t-shirt, only one known to exist west of the Rockies..... a RARE item indeed...... fuck formats, no rules, but you wanna lurch? well I'm sitting right next to ya, dig..... wait, one house rule: fetch a beer for yr opponent if he boots a full power kickoff..... somebody wins in the end, somehow, someway..... TECMO.

friday, april 4, early afternoon (2ish) to whenever...... ANYONE is welcome, Centralia, WA..... e-mail for directions, my username at aim dot com.

but anytime you can, boy, I'll be ready and raring for our DET/CIN series...... believe dat...... so you're invited to Manyo's Mayhem 2, as well...... if ya got the yArbLeZ, that is!

i'm staying two nights when i come over for my son's chess tournament. i will not be at pac rim because of my son's tournament, but my wife gave me permission to take you to the cleaners one of those two nights. i'm staying friday/saturday night. let me know your availability, if any.

fairf, I can do this Friday night..... not exactly sure where yet, that will sort out, but I'll be staying in Seattle.

TBK, we might have time for our series as well if ya got the yarblez to show up Friday as well..... hell, I might even have that t-shirt still.

MANYO'S MAYHEM 3: "Johnny Johnson's Magical Mystery T-Shirt Tourney"

winner gets an XL Johnny Johnson t-shirt, only one known to exist west of the Rockies..... a RARE item indeed...... fuck formats, no rules, but you wanna lurch? well I'm sitting right next to ya, dig..... wait, one house rule: fetch a beer for yr opponent if he boots a full power kickoff..... somebody wins in the end, somehow, someway..... TECMO.

friday, april 4, early afternoon (2ish) to whenever...... ANYONE is welcome, Centralia, WA..... e-mail for directions, my username at aim dot com.

F~THAT Manyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You better be patient and SAVE THAT SHIRT for Pac Rim!!!..............I work full time and WISH I could attend, but know it ain't possible on Friday.................No one else is worthy of that SHIRT.

cmon up after work then, only a 80 minute drive, lovely scenery............ ?

Is that a THREAT!!!  If I see anyone besides you in that shirt their getting kidnapped  :)

(no, but really...the'd get kidnapped) 

Edited by ~Tailback King~