TSB3 Training Manual

TecSpectre

What is this Tsb III Legends Version we're speaking of?  Is there are cart?  Can I get in on that? lol

Tsb III is a superior game yet it doesn't get any coverage.  I wish it got yearly updates like Tsb I does.  

Does anyone know of some hack version you can get ahold of to make changes?  I'd do it myself if someone can point me in the right direction.  

On 1/7/2019 at 12:29 PM, slim_jimmy7 said:

TSB3 Manager is probably your best bet at updating rosters, once you get a grasp on that, there is other documentation on deeper graphical and gameplay hacks you can use.  The legends might be the guys who you unlock when winning three straight super bowls.

Hey thanks for this.  Is there some sort of walkthrough how to get everything setup by chance?

I just did a quick search of even the web archive and I am not seeing a step by step process. It's probably been 5 years since I have last touched that particular program. Just give it a go and if you have questions ask here and I will try and take you through it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey man, I appreciate that you have run an entire season with test and variable teams, but you may have missed the fact that in TSB3 Rushing Power = Starting speed and Running Speed = Acceleration. I don't know why, but they switched them for this game. You can run your season again and try it out (I've run just a couple games myself) although the biggest tipoff is that all the offensive players in this game are given 69 in RS...the exact same value that the programmers gave RP in the previous games. I tried so hard to like this game... 😕

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2014 at 2:21 AM, deadfaulkner said:

But not so in a SKP game.  In this case, each player has an additional "hidden" number (hex from 0-15) that indicates his overall value and how he will perform in any game, independent of his attributes or the players around him.  So, Rice has a 15, and no matter who you put around him or what team you put him on, he'll put up sterling receiving numbers.  Try using a manager and give Jerry Rice all 6 attributes.  Trade him to the Giants, even - he'll still put up insane receiving yards every single season if he plays all SKP games.  This number does not come into play in non-skp games at all. You can adjust this number in the hex, but not in any of the managers.

I’ve been trying to figure this out. I traded Emmitt Smith to New England using TSB 3 manager. I’m assuming Smith’s hex number is 15 as well. I simed a season and his numbers were crap. 140 carries, 340 yards, 2.4 average, 4 tds. If what you said was true he should have gotten way better numbers then what he did. This might work for a WR but it definitely doesn’t work with a RB. Do you know why this is?

• 2 years later...
On 8/5/2017 at 2:40 AM, Rook said:

Hello, reviving a dead horse here lol.  But me and my family and friends have been playing TSBIII for a long time and wanted to throw some theories out there.

Agility:  I think agility does have a factor in movement.  I believe it's the ability to maintain maximum speed while changing direction.  If a player is running left to right, he will maintain his MS if he goes diagonally up/right and diagonally, down/right.  But if he changes direction that is sharper.  Say running to the right and then you go directly up or directly left, the game resets to the rushing power speed.

Avoid Rush:  I always thought Avoid Rush meant the QB's release and how quick it was.  Feels like when a QB has a low Avoid Rush he needs the full animation to throw the ball, but if he has a higher AR then he doesn't need the full animation.  (Haven't been able to prove this, just observation and theory)

Coolness: I always thought Coolness had some sort of correlation with Passing Accuracy/Pass Control/ Avoid Rush.  If a QB is under pressure and his throw animation gets interrupted by a tackler, his Passing Accuracy and Pass Control is decreased, and more likely of the pass to be overthrown or not caught.  Coolness I think maintains those numbers while Avoid Rush triggers the event.

Body Balance: Definitely is correlated with spinning, but i also think it determines how big a player's hitbox is when carrying the ball.  Characters with high BB seem to be more 'slippery', meaning you have to get deeper into the sprite to trigger the grapple animation.   

Quickness:  I think this is how fast a player reacts when being controlled by the CPU.  Players with high quickness, is when fooled by play-action, flea-flcikers, or draw players, seem to make up their mistake faster than with players with lower quickness.  I understand that picking a pass play will determine how the players defend that play but sometimes they still get fooled even when picking a pass play and if they have good quickness the faster they are at getting back to the receiver they were supposed to cover.  Same with linebackers and draw plays.  it's hard to prove since the formation and play you pick factor into this as well.

Anyone think any of these theories hold water?  How is it possible in this day and age that we can't look up the code of these things and figure out exactly what they mean?  Lol it's frustrating.  

Does anyone know how trades work?  It's also very mysterious but does have trends.

its an annoyance for the snes version but i would love it if someone dug deep in this and tsb2 on snes one day and find either a cheat code or a hack to make trading for any player easy to acquire without worrying about the custom player strat.

On 12/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, SirPurr3 said:

I’ve been trying to figure this out. I traded Emmitt Smith to New England using TSB 3 manager. I’m assuming Smith’s hex number is 15 as well. I simed a season and his numbers were crap. 140 carries, 340 yards, 2.4 average, 4 tds. If what you said was true he should have gotten way better numbers then what he did. This might work for a WR but it definitely doesn’t work with a RB. Do you know why this is?

tsb3 manager doesnt respond to sim values. the sim values will remain defaulted to the assign players to the team that it started out with, in this case emmitt smith running values will be treated the same as marion butts since he was the default rusher for the pats and vice versa.

Edited by kefkaroth

• 5 months later...
On 5/5/2022 at 11:22 AM, kefkaroth said:

tsb3 manager doesnt respond to sim values. the sim values will remain defaulted to the assign players to the team that it started out with, in this case emmitt smith running values will be treated the same as marion butts since he was the default rusher for the pats and vice versa.

We have found an 'easy' way to modify rosters, and other aspects of the game so they reflect easier.

Basically, you can use a retron 5 (or custom device) to copy the save file from the game and can then edit the roster values on the save data in a hex editor, then you can just write the new save back to the cart using the retron 5 (or custom device).

It gets even easier if you just play the rom or on a super everdrive.

Modding the rom, especially with the existing editors, tend to mess things up.