Joey gats to madison fund

its an actual nintendo controller.  it said nintendo on it.  I played a game with it and felt it was good enough.  I had the same problems online and I just figure its due to the nature of online tecmo he is breaking over as that is what happened to me.  I stopped using a nes pad in fact the last time I played online cause I got sick of slowing down on d.  he is using a usb adapter for a real nes.  The only knockoffs I use are retrolinks and I rebuild those with a nintendo d pad as the retro link d pad sucks. 

Knockoffs all have terrible d pads.  The tomee dogbone knock off is a piece of shit for example.

Edited by mort1237

Everyone should buy a Tomee so I can get a few wins against you before you change controllers.

The retro knock offs aren't worth a penny if you are a tecmoer, if you just want a pad to play mario once a year, then get it.  

The adapters for your NES are better, but they tend to be a bit buggy.  I have two and one really never works and the other only works for one controller.  The other issue is you are using your old NES Controller that has been beaten to hell for 20 years of NES gameing, well probably 8 years, then in a closet for 12 until you found this site.

The best thing about the infinite lives is they give the controller a tune up before so you have a great controller and no bugs with connecting.

So like I said buy a Tomee and stick with the bugs, you will get used to it.

I had the same problems online and I just figure its due to the nature of online tecmo he is breaking over as that is what happened to me.  I stopped using a nes pad in fact the last time I played online cause I got sick of slowing down on d.  

Don't think that's the issue because when he uses his other controller he doesn't slow down and can juke perfectly. And he's been playing online and playing excellent for quite some time. Also my real nes controller with adapter works as good or better than any other controller ive used. So I don't think its not an issue with using a real nes controller online. 

My real controller set up with USB adapter has worked well for the most part. Every once in a while it spazzes out, adds an A button press when I press Down on the D pad, or one of the directions just don't work. Unplugging and replugging the controller into the adapter seem to work fine to fix it. I'm using my backup one now exclusively. They are kind of finicky. For the longest time, my 1st one that I used on my main laptop NEEDED to have the NES Extension used with the controller to adapter, or it wouldnt work. Also used to always have to be plugged in to the same USB port. I'm looking forward to not having these same problems once i get the InfiniteNESlives trollers.

Bolt,

When you say check on Gats what do you mean? make sure he is going? I talk to the guy daily and I am extremely confident that he has no intention of letting mort or anyone else down. The guy says he is going and he will no reason to hound him.

As a brother in Faith, let us not serve to answer to anyone, Save for the Only 1, Ryan11p.

Joey, as I said earlier, I - We - believe in you.  You can do this...  Also, Win, and you'll be an even $50-richer man:  I guarantee it.

Edited by Bolt

Don't think that's the issue because when he uses his other controller he doesn't slow down and can juke perfectly. And he's been playing online and playing excellent for quite some time. Also my real nes controller with adapter works as good or better than any other controller ive used. So I don't think its not an issue with using a real nes controller online. 

i just like to blame any problem I have on online tecmo.  I need something to gripe about.  Not to mention the explanation about the lag really makes more sense.

Plus I find if i post fact less observations enough time the real data is brought to my attention a lot easier than searching for it,

Edited by mort1237

I almost forgot about that.  Make sure you remind Joe or me.  Not sure if i said exclusive.  Perhaps both you and Chris can interview him at the same time. It might make it more interesting.

I am totally messing around. FINE I'LL SHARE

Joey texted me and wanted to post the following:

Joey said he won't be homeless for long. this tuesday he'll be staying with his family (who he said he hasn't seen in 5 years).  So he should be okay. He wanted to thank everyone for there support.

Joey texted me and wanted to post the following:

Joey said he won't be homeless for long. this tuesday he'll be staying with his family (who he said he hasn't seen in 5 years).  So he should be okay. He wanted to thank everyone for there support.

This is such great news. Not just the not homeless part, but especially the family too. Joey, I don't know all the history but good for you, and them. Whatever the circumstance, acceptance, forgiveness... This is really good to read. Good luck! 

Wow... -11 votes on my post... no kidding.  Since gats was the one that posted it's not like I was the one breaking the news.  I was just wondering/hoping he was still going.  Wow.

That post was merged into this thread.

You linked back to a thread into the Madison tourney thread instead of simply asking "Are you still planning on going?"

Not sure of the intent but the appearance was one of taking a shot at a guy down on his luck, not one of hope.

If you care about reputation votes keep in mind that there are people on the other end of these keyboards when you post.

Wow... -11 votes on my post... no kidding.  Since gats was the one that posted it's not like I was the one breaking the news.  I was just wondering/hoping he was still going.  Wow.

I think if you actually said you hoped he was still going, you would have had a plus 11 instead of minus. In this case your reputation preceded you...