Joey gats to madison fund

No more joking. On a serious note if Gats gets enough money for this I'll consider sending him money for food and drinks. Bottom line!

When time comes call me out for it. I'm good for sending money. Ask TSB GOD,Opus,Vogts and shoot ask yourself Mort. I sent you $100 bud.

Edited by MRTECMOSUPERBOWL

Mort, thank you for that heart felt post. It takes a lot to admit what you did and I highly respect you for it. In chatting with Joey I've realized that perception is not always reality. And I suspect what many think what we may see in Madison from Joey, is not what we'll get. For the sake of privacy I won't go into full details but let's say I have direct knowledge that Joey is going to try and take some steps to better himself. But I'm no fool. I also know there's a good chance he won't come this year even considering our efforts. And that's okay. 

I ask the community to please try and be a source of support and not destruction. Step outside the forum and remember we need to take care of each other. Just give the kid a break. His life has been a little different from most of ours. Please donate. Thank you!

Joey, you're a Champ.  We all appreciate you, Man

... Although I've no funds to spare, I'll be rootin' for you to take home gold !!

i think support in itself is needed if not more than this event or money,  a support group is important in this situation.  thanks for the kind words.  I think there might be a large fan base supporting Joey in Madison.

there are a few pieces of equipment needed.  Plus perhaps an extengency I do not see now that might arrise.  i raised the maximum goal to 450 where it shall stay.  I'd like to thank everyone who has helped either with a donation or kind words in support of Joey.  Other than the above mentioned scenarios I think we have more than enough momentum to get Joe to Madison even if the donations ended here.

Edited by mort1237

Ill donate money for Gats on the 22nd, that is my next pay date, Mort Ill talk to you about the amount, let me know when i can give you a call bro.

I believe Gats need this trip and is in need of assistance, Gats im very pumped for you the Tecmo Community is a special place full of very special ppl, you can find just about any walk of life in this wonderful community and you have more friends and ppl who care about you more than you most likely realize!

Also no joke, Mort your one of the best ppl i know!

Edited by Ryan11p

I'm still surprised at the amount of the donations and the number.  I must admit that anything beyond 500 or 550 dollars is more of an added bonus to help Joeegats. 

Which brings up another issue.  What do I do with any excess money.  I plan to use the money as efficiently as possible.  I am sure there will be leftover funds.  Also I am now convinced we will go well over what is needed for Joe.

anyways I see a few options.

1. Try to stop the donations now.  Save any extra money for next years donation or give to a charity of great quality.

2. Continue to allow the money to come in and perhaps help a few guys on the edge with travel expenses without affecting the main pot we are collecting to get Joe to Madison and ready to play on game day.  A number of people wanted this to happen again.  Not necessarily as a charity situation but more to get a buddy they want to be at the tourney that would need a small stipend to make the trip affordable.  The advantage is we can get several of our friends to the event.  Of course that comes with several difficulties which are better left discussed in detail elsewhere.  Please let me know what you think in either email, on this post or a different post.

This is pretty amazing. We should be pretty proud of our little community here. This would never happen in a Madden forum lol. See Joey, maybe everything online isn't so fantasy after all... There are people here that believe in you, in ways that have nothing to do with Tecmo. I for one, look forward to shaking your hand. 

ok.  as of now I would take 2 more paypal donations of $20 and I would call that good including whatever MR. Tecmo would like to send via a check.  All donations are anonymous unless you state otherwise.  After that I think it will be more than enough to cover the trip and a few items to help Joey get ready for the tourney.  At that point I will be good.  Unless of course you insist and I would of course forward that towards Joe as a gift along with all remaining money.  But as for getting him to Madison and ready for Madison cash wise $40 more will be plenty.

If any of you would like to talk to Joe in encouragement I think it would help but that is strictly optional.  Hopefully he can get a lot of TPC games in on the original controller I plan to send him.

Mort I think when you get what you need that should be fine. I think if people are sending you money after that it's because they want to which is great. I would forward whatever to Gats since he really needs it. I'm sure no one would mind if you took a couple bucks for gas. :)  Either way I'll be sending you my donation through mail.

Any extra funds feel free to send to my Paypal for my new years resolution-- I am trying to bulk up and need cash to help pay for my whey protein supplements, which cost $54 per 5 lb bin.  Right now I look more like Randy and want to look more like Regulator!

In all seriousness I personally would not send money to someone I've never met.  Instead I prefer to contribute to reputable charities (March of Dimes, Vietnam Veterans pickup/donations, Goodwill).  Not questioning the credibility of anyone nor saying these charities are perfect... and I'm sure most of the guys here are good people, but just my choice and opinion.

I do wish Gats all the best, always enjoyed chatting with him (well most of the time LOL) and if this truly helps him out in life that's fantastic.  My 2 cents.