SET custom injury rates for each player

bruddog

OK, I tested this some and here's what I found:

1) The KR's and PR's get injured every time (maybe the four FF's at the end of each line include those two spots?)

2) When a KR/PR does get injured and you're taken to the roster screen to replace him, he doesn't have an X next to his name to indicate he's actually injured and you're not required to replace him to get back to the game.

3) The last remaining backup CAN get injured (even though that shouldn't happen since you can't have a third-string QB) but he doesn't have an X next to his name at the roster screen and you're not required to replace him.

the first part of 3(The last remaining backup CAN get injured), has been possible in my experience.  We encountered it on the actual NES back in Tecmo's heyday and just had to just reset out of it. This hack should actually help to fix that issue since you can set your backup QB to 00 now and make sure he's not able to be injured.

I didn't encounter the KR at the point where i patched.  But I was also using a save state to test toward the end where my team was already on field.

Edited by Dusto

I don't recall that backup injury glitch with the original TSB.  For the QB slot, for example, I always thought that some "guard" was put in place to make sure that didn't happen once your starting QB went down.

The small problem with assigning all backup QB's a 00 is that if you replace your starter just after kickoff, then you are guaranteed not to lose your QB to injury for the whole game.  To be honest though, I don't think #3 glitch I mentioned is a big deal since the game continues on without trying to force you to replace the injured guy.  The #1 and #2 glitches would need to be fixed though because it slows the game down tremendously, and also because it guarantees that KR's and PR's will never ACTUALLY be injured.

I just thought of something else:  I only gave the starting QB an FF and the backup QB I gave an 02, yet the backup got hurt every time he was tackled.  This means that once the backup is entered into the starting lineup, the code is treating him as if he was the original starter.  I guess that would indicate a deeper problem with the code.

• 1 month later...

But I have tested it again today, and it still has an "effect" only on the Starters team. I agree with Tecmonster when he says this hack is huge, so dont get me wrong:

As he mentioned before, if you give your QB1 a "high percentage" of getting injured, and he actually gets injured, you have to substitute him, but the QB2 will keep having the same value as QB1 ( he will "inherit" his percentage and therefore, he will be injured "very probably" too). You can act like if nothing had happened though..

That is really not the problem, the problem comes when you "change players" and put your RB3 as a starter (instead of RB1), so if RB1's injury-percentage is high (FF,  gets injured very often), as explained before, RB3 will inherit his injury-value. Now, the real problem is that when the "Member change" screen is shown (after RB3 gets injured) the player injured is actually RB1!! He was not even on the field!!. This will continue happening to every player that takes the place of the Starter RB1, they will still get injured all the time, although they will never "actually" get injured ¿¿??

Same happens the opposite way (if a starter has an injury-value of 00)

• 3 weeks later...

bruddog, are you keeping this code to yourself (which is obviously your right), or have you just not noticed this thread lately?  If it's the former, I'll leave you alone about it, but IF it's available, I'd definitely like to add it to my game.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mr. Bruddog,

I'm super excited for this hack, probably more than any other hack before.  The idea of being able to give superstar players who were injured during the year proper attributes without making their team way better than it should be is giving me wet dreams.  I can't take it any more.  What can I do to get this from you?

Thank You,

Lamefest

• 3 months later...

Question:  Was every player really set to 02/256?  I feel like some players (Mike Rozier) went down EVERY SINGLE SEASON.  I guess its just in my mind?

Yes. Every player has the same default chance for injury on normal plays.....maybe in SKP mode there are different things at work. This is purely for the any non SKIP MODE game.

• 9 months later...

am I correct in assuming that this hack does not work properly?  

I just read through the thread and am left with the impression that it might have gotten fixed but bruddog has not "felt like" posting the fix.

oh well, a cool idea on paper.  thanks for the half ass broken hack.

• 1 year later...

First off THANK YOU for the supposed "half ass broken hack". It is awesome regardless if it currently works fully or not. You do great work bruddog. We appreciate it and all ideas help us make Tecmo the best it can be.

But I will poke and see if the first post ever got updated with your fixes. I run the TFO and think this feature would be awesome as I could have a whole new stat field on my RPG forms for players to Raise or Lower their offensive starters possible injuries.

My other question is about this hack; does PR now have the static injury rate (2.8%) or the "new" injury rate per the player? Im assuming that returners would now have their "new" injury rate and that might be the only reason I won't use the hack as I like PR being a riskier position as that causes my owners to be cautious on who they put back for returns.. 

THANKS;

ROGER DeVORE

TFO OWNER

http://tfofootball.weebly.com

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

@SBlueman

Try this rom out. This is just the OG rom. These are the hex locations to adjust to change the injury rate. 

01= 1/256 chance of injury

00 = never injured

FF = always injured (unless no more subs)

image.png.b58a0daaac6c7dfac243084f42b0d11d.png

99% sure I fixed the problem of the previous hack where it would use the starter position (QB, RB1, RB2, WR1, TE1) instead of the actual roster ID (RB3 etc)

custom_injury_rate_test_rom.nes