Gats needs a madison sponser!

joeygats

^ i guess this is true because before the final 2 games in the philly tourney i was a nervous wreck and threw up before each of them. and lost all feeling in my hands.. but i cant look at the negatives or ill never be able to make it. so right now im just focusing on what if i win or meet some people i can call friends.

Gats I swear life is really easy. I swear dude. Quit putting yourself in a bubble. Have some confidence. Haven't you ever looked back and said to yourself, "that was easy." Trust me it is always easy. Your mind is your own worst enemy. Control it and your heart will do the rest.

very true

very true

Well please try to remind yourself every time. It doesn't happen over night. It is a way of living. In time you wont have to remind yourself as much. It will all be better by then. Every so often you'll have to remind yourself, but that is okay because you're making yourself better. Stick to positive thoughts. Wake up in the morning with a positive energy. You train yourself to think about positive things. Sitting there thinking negative is going program yourself to be miserable. Try it please. It really works...

^ i guess this is true because before the final 2 games in the philly tourney i was a nervous wreck and threw up before each of them. and lost all feeling in my hands.. but i cant look at the negatives or ill never be able to make it. so right now im just focusing on what if i win or meet some people i can call friends.

I'm pulling for you (in TSB and life) and will probably donate, but let me be the first to tell you that if I had to play you I would not hold back because of anything.

just don't take it too hard if you get beat by someone and don't make them feel bad for knockin you out.  that's not what it's all about, and you know TSB and the luck factor.  I'm not trying to talk shit, just wanting to make sure you approach the tournament like a man and take whatever happens.

nobody wants to hurt you, but then again - this is a competition.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

He made it to the bracket and lost to a cool cat from NYC that eliminated me in a bracket play in game after I my 4 fumbles lost debacle in my 1st ever Madison tourney game. Needless to say there was some controversy but in the end I got to play an epic set vs gats in the motel room later that night

It's like reading a book that's missing the last chapters, and based on the lead in anything is possible.. killing me

I believe the funds' treasury was Mort, or Dave Murray.  They hit their goal to send Gats to Madison.  He met a ton of people, and we were all very happy to finally meet him.

I am not exactly sure when he got knocked out.  Rd. of 32 I believe...?  Maybe before even.  It was a day full of upsets, as is the case at every tourney, but the gods always seem to slight against the Madison virgins.  To no surprise.  The whole experience is just so amazing, it can truly be awe inspiring, and become easily overwhelming.  I certainly hope they do #TecmoX, and hope Gats finds his way out again.

Just read this entire thread.. did gatz make it to madison??

yeah mort was the treasury. Dave m. And others all donated and we got joey a bus ticket to philly to cleveland then I drove him madison. I remember getting there wanting to play a lot of practice games but I was so exhausted from driving that far. It was cool to meet him. It took only 6 to 10 games for joey to get used to playing on console. He nearly beat chet in a practice on the friday night I remember watching ( sd vs chi ). He lost to Ed. S. Who plays in NyC Tournament in rd of 32. Edited by red98sethuthut