Gats needs a madison sponser!

joeygats

He can exercise on his own damned time.  I also need to learn a few things about him.  I will be in charge of his wallet so to speak on game day.  I don't think he has any alcohol problems but there is a risk if he gets himself in trouble.  I would expect no one to buy him drinks (more than one here and there) till he was eliminated.  I will have to have a phone conversation with him asap before collecting anything for this fund.  I would also ask you all to provide any moral support.  If someone wants to check in on his training program to get in shape that would be cool. 

Edited by mort1237

Ok.  Here is my plan.  Round trip on greyhound is 90 dollars maybe a 100 after tax I'm guessing from Philly to Cleveland.  I assume he still lives in Philly.  Add on 18 dollar gift fee when the card holder is not the rider.  total bs of course

he would get to cleveland early fri morning where louis and el tecmo would pick him up in my car and this is where I will return him.

I calculate a 1/3 share of gas/toll expense for 500 miles on the way up and 1/4 on the way back.  I will assume my car will take 28 miles per gallon freeway and the price will be at $4 a gallon.  Tolls I am guessing to be 30 each time.  If I have to I will pay some of this expense myself.  35 way up and 30 on the way back for 75

Hotel at a 1/4 of say 160 is 40  more

entry 40

Food/drink for three days.  hopefully 40-60.

lets bring the estimate back to 340 if he can agree to this plan.  we are already half way there from what I can see. I'd still like to get the 400 just in case we need a few extra things.  I got to think of how he gets to the station for example.

Edited by mort1237

Would you guys still donate at a split that gives Joe more money.  The way I see it his chances of winning are quite low.  That's just an honest assessment. 

First place 2,500 to 3,000 and we take back 600

second of 1,500-1800 and we take back 500

third of 1,000 or so  and we take back 500

anything at 800 we take 400

anything less we pay sponsors first and Joe gets leftovers.  That means if it gets below 400 he will get nothing,

anything less than 800 we take 400 or all the money to pay people back. Basically if Joe wins 1st or second he can rake in some profit but if not he pays the people back who helped him out.

are you guys going grocery shopping and cooking at home?  I would double that to like 120.

Free breakfast at the super 8 is going to be crazy with maybe 20 tecmoers on the scene.  I think I might call the hotel up and tell them we are actually a large group and see if they can be prepared to handle it. 

just in case i will keep collecting till i get more money.  Maybe there is a little Caesars pizza.  Maybe we can just split a sheet 4 ways several times.  Perhaps I will just have to pack a pot and a burner and cook rice.

I still remember the disaster of tecmo VI when I packed rice/pork and bean burritos to offset my food costs only to forget there was no microwave in my hotel room.  Then I had to search for a gas station to warm the damned things up as there was not even one in the lobby of the crappy motel 6 i stayed at.

Edited by mort1237

Another side benefit of this plan is it lowers trip costs for El Tecmo of Youngstown.  John lost his job 4 days before xmas.  He is doing decent working off the books i think yet that is not the same thing.   It would help to reduce a hard working tecmo player's costs.  Not to mention a guy that has been to several tourneys and runs his own tourney.

He is balking at free money because he is getting an unfair share of a payout he is taking no risk for? I expected nothing less. lol

its not a big priority to me what he wants.  I'm doing this to get him to Madison.  It will help my bro, John from youngstown and myself to a degree.  If you guys say 50/50 on big winnings that's generous in my book.  it could easily be 60 percent sponsors and 40 percent him and I would not find it unfair.  I have yet to hear from the Tournament organizers either.  I need some form of control,  Perhaps two checks.  I won't have him cheat me, take the money and run.

its not a big priority to me what he wants.  I'm doing this to get him to Madison.  It will help my bro, John from youngstown and myself to a degree.  If you guys say 50/50 on big winnings that's generous in my book.  it could easily be 60 percent sponsors and 40 percent him and I would not find it unfair.  I have yet to hear from the Tournament organizers either.  I need some form of control,  Perhaps two checks.  I won't have him cheat me, take the money and run.

Gats needs to make the Elite 8 to qualify for payment. Should that happen, Colonel Muster Enterprises will issue payment to the person that paid the entry fee. We will not issue separate checks. The evil corporate conglomerate is staying as far away from this fiasco as possible. 

i rate it somewhere between 0 to (x/0).  Where x can be any number as it is a mathmatic impossibility.  At the very least I get the knowledge that Gats spurned all this good will to help him out.  This will make a good joke come game day. 

That is a small bonus to all of this.