Gats needs a madison sponser!

joeygats

I've counted 230 in potential donations.  Basically I need some of the people who posted that they would volunteer to say how important a chance at profit is.  If it is not that important. As I cannot see Joe winning even an elite 8 spot.  I can see him maybe getting a 100 out of this.  Which I would vote would go to buying a round of drinks for all concerned anyways.  But that is up to you guys,  Get me your opinion on here or via pm.

I think judging by the slow pace of sign ups and the limits of my patience we have till next Monday at least before I say times up.  But I won't let this go on for much longer than a week before I can my involvement.

Yeah I pretty much assume that any money I put in is a donation, not an investment. For $20 I just want a picture with gats and my money has been well spent. Also, whatever helps not give him any excuses to back out is a plus. I just want him to show up. Meeting people you kind of already know is a very fun addition to these tournaments. 

I'm all for supporting Joey, but I don't get the gym membership fee. What kind of physical condition does one really need to be in to sit down and play tecmo for a day?

Regardless, I would recommend looking up P90X on youtube and then workout from home. Free. Easy (actually the program is really hard, but you know what I mean).

Furthermore, the 10% take doesn't make much sense from an odds perspective. If the total sponsorship is around $400, and the potential winnings for sponsoring is $300 (10% of 3k), that's not even 1:1 odds. So your 10% offer would suggest that you have better than 1:1 odds (>50% chance) to win a tournament that has over 200 participants? That's a terrible bet regardless of who you are.

if i win check in morts name? no sir.. and your crazy if you think im giving 50% if i win.. i will pay back everyone who helped make it possible and then donate 200 to next year tourney or a charity of a sponsors choice and i keep the rest. and no i do not agree to a check being made out in your name that is just ridic.. ty to all who are trying to make it possible for and to mort for being the front runner but some of his stimpulations is like selling my soul for a record deal which i will not be apart of.

I'm all for supporting Joey, but I don't get the gym membership fee. What kind of physical condition does one really need to be in to sit down and play tecmo for a day?

Regardless, I would recommend looking up P90X on youtube and then workout from home. Free. Easy (actually the program is really hard, but you know what I mean).

Furthermore, the 10% take doesn't make much sense from an odds perspective. If the total sponsorship is around $400, and the potential winnings for sponsoring is $300 (10% of 3k), that's not even 1:1 odds. So your 10% offer would suggest that you have better than 1:1 odds (>50% chance) to win a tournament that has over 200 participants? That's a terrible bet regardless of who you are.

well being that i dont eat more then 1 small meal a day in the last 4 years i am a little on the not made to be seen in public scale right now... but with the right donation i can easily gain 20 pounds of muscle in 40 days...just will involve 5 days a week at the gym and protien shakes

there is no gym membership

if i win check in morts name? no sir.. and your crazy if you think im giving 50% if i win.. i will pay back everyone who helped make it possible and then donate 200 to next year tourney or a charity of a sponsors choice and i keep the rest. and no i do not agree to a check being made out in your name that is just ridic.. ty to all who are trying to make it possible for and to mort for being the front runner but some of his stimpulations is like selling my soul for a record deal which i will not be apart of.

this is why it is in my name.  Bs like Gym memberships are not happening.  I will take it from the initial response that these guys will settle for money back.  That means we can go as soon as you message me on aim.

Now look if I stiffed you.  Which I won't.  Everyone on here knows who I am.  They know where I live, the tourney I run and all the other things I do.  The last thing you have to worry about is me stiffing you.  It would ruin all the good will and friends I ever generated on here an I won't do that for a measly 2,000 dollars or 2,000,000 million dollars.  As long as you have an account I can put the money in (cause I won't be able to cash it till Monday as banks are closed on Sunday and ATM's are not giving out that kind of dough.  Nor would i have you risk being robbed.) A simple paypal account and I will transfer funds or get you a money order.  Whatever works the best for you

Edited by mort1237

well being that i dont eat more then 1 small meal a day in the last 4 years i am a little on the not made to be seen in public scale right now... but with the right donation i can easily gain 20 pounds of muscle in 40 days...just will involve 5 days a week at the gym and protien shakes

Yikes. One meal a day? Damn.

Side note: I wish it was genetically possible for me to gain 20 lbs of muscle in 40 days....

And there it is. He never seriously intended to appear. There aren't many guys more trustworthy than Mort. He would never keep money that was owed to you. 

Damn Joeygats, you're like some makeout whore at a college Frat party--you love the attention but never have any intention of actually coming. (pun intended)  

there is no gym membership

this is why it is in my name.  Bs like Gym memberships are not happening.  I will take it from the initial response that these guys will settle for money back.  That means we can go as soon as you message me on aim.

Now look if I stiffed you.  Which I won't.  Everyone on here knows who I am.  They know where I live, the tourney I run and all the other things I do.  The last thing you have to worry about is me stiffing you.  It would ruin all the good will and friends I ever generated on here an I won't do that for a measly 2,000 dollars or 2,000,000 million dollars.  As long as you have an account I can put the money in (cause I won't be able to cash it till Monday as banks are closed on Sunday and ATM's are not giving out that kind of dough.  Nor would i have you risk being robbed.) A simple paypal account and I will transfer funds or get you a money order.  Whatever works the best for you

well i posted how much i will give, im not givng anymore then what i posted and the gym sponsor is def a must no way will i go to madison looking how i do, sry not gonna happen. i have not seen any of my family in 4 years cause im so ebarassed at how bad i become. last time they saw me in 2010 i was 6 foot 165. tadoas can voulch for that (philly tourny)... right now i am 6 foot 120..... ill go at 140 but def not 120 sry

And there it is. He never seriously intended to appear. There aren't many guys more trustworthy than Mort. He would never keep money that was owed to you. 

Damn Joeygats, you're like some makeout whore at a college Frat party--you love the attention but never have any intention of actually coming. (pun intended)  

no i really want to come

Welp, at least this thread thoroughly entertained me for 24 hours.

It was definitely entertaining until this

well i posted how much i will give, im not givng anymore then what i posted and the gym sponsor is def a must no way will i go to madison looking how i do, sry not gonna happen. i have not seen any of my family in 4 years cause im so ebarassed at how bad i become. last time they saw me in 2010 i was 6 foot 165. tadoas can voulch for that (philly tourny)... right now i am 6 foot 120..... ill go at 140 but def not 120 sry

killed all the fun.

6 feet and 120 lbs is a BMI of 16.3. Anything under 18.5 is considered underweight. I'm concerned that you're seriously malnourished.

6 ft 140 lbs would get your BMI up to 19 (which would be considered in the normal weight range - albeit the low end).

Side note: I'm 6' 2" and 210 lbs. Which gives me a 2" and 90 pound advantage in a game of tecmo against Joey...

Edited by vikingmoe02

Ok.  I am talking to Joe about getting a new job. He was a dishwasher and lost his job.  I'm trying to get him to go to a temping firm for a few weeks before hand and after to cover some expenses.  This encourages me that perhaps if he can do some work on his end we can trust him more.  Honestly trying to move up in warehouse work will do more for him than winning a tournament prize. 

6 feet and 120 lbs is a BMI of 16.3. Anything under 18.5 is considered underweight. I'm concerned that you're seriously malnourished.

6 ft 140 lbs would get your BMI up to 19 (which would be considered in the normal weight range - albeit the low end).

Side note: I'm 6' 2" and 210 lbs. Which gives me a 2" and 90 pound advantage in a game of tecmo against Joey...

vn

Do I start the Clark Hamilton sponsorship drive here or should I just do a whole new thread?   :)

I should have known that might come up.  I think things are looking up for Joe as our conversation has been quite different from posting on here.  I really do want to help the guy get a job more than anything.  Than the tourney is like an added bonus to give him a boost if he can win.

ok this is for all the sponsors and its only right they knew a little more about the person they are sponsoring. 10 important things about me.

1 - i have not had a friend in 4 years, i have not had a girlfriend in 5 years

2 - am anti social

3 - i suffer from serious depression and have suicidal thoughts

4 - i am very nice and always care about others feelings

5 - i wake up in pain everyday

6 - highest level of school i completed was 8th grade

7 - when i do work it is min wage type jobs were i make just enough to cover living. most i ever made a year after taxes is 13k avg is 10k

8 - being anti social holds me back from being able to get a better job and living a better or semi normal life.

9 - if it was not for my sister i be dead right now, she really puts up with me but i know its not easy

10 - dont feel bad for me,i guess my mental health is not good...

ps i really do want to come to madison though but its really not looking likely.

Edited by joeygats