Gats needs a madison sponser!

joeygats

Lol, you see Chet and I make it back to back and that makes you think you can win?

Obviously Reg. I mean if you can make back to back finals with your awesome predictive t-shirts, then gats just needs his own t-shirt and he's gold.

Well, with his gym fee to get in shape...

What does a membership to a Tecmo gym cost anyway? 

i dont get 10% the sponser does and its only 2k? that changes everything.. could of sworn it was 3k. and i am i investment to someone looking to gamble and make money.

i doubt anyone does invest cause they dont know if i could win i be hesitent to but at same time if i was well off like most tecmoers i would take that risk. shoot why not

Wow 10%, that's a very generous stake horse.   Standard in poker tournies is 50% minimum.  They're putting up the cost of the tourney and travel with a huge chance of nothing to show for it.  They sure as hell aren't taking $300 bucks as the prize for that risk :)

$1,500 maybe if someone figures your chances of cashing were really better than 50-60%...but you'd really have to get creative on getting there and places to stay to save the sponser on costs :)

perhaps we should start a paypal campaign for Joey the Gatsman.  I'd be willing to collect the money via paypal. Each person would have a share in Joey Gats based on 1 dollar a share.  Our target goal would be 300 dollars.  I think that would cover entry, travel costs and sharing a hotel room.  Most likely he would either need a cheap flight to chi town or train to pittsburg and then to car pool.  Which I would still be willing to cover if he had the ability to pay.  This would give him that.

If joey needs to cover the stake money before he can win anything.  Split will be 50/50 if he wins more than 600 dollars.  if less than 600 we cover the donations first then he gets any leftover scraps.

If he doesn't go I will refund the money.

I'd love to do more but right now I'm still inbetween jobs for two weeks and had to scrap to cover my flight costs for my own trip to Madison.  I'd ask that everyone take this seriously.  Perhaps next year I will run a donation for another out of luck tecmoer.  Maybe one a little more deserving IMO.   

Edited by mort1237

Joey Gats isn't good enough to get a sponsor.......and from what I seen live on the computer, he ain't in shape enough to make it through the whole night without fallin' asleep on a bar stool.......Ha hA Ha!!!

we got an extra bed if you can get there TBK!

Wow 10%, that's a very generous stake horse.   Standard in poker tournies is 50% minimum.  They're putting up the cost of the tourney and travel with a huge chance of nothing to show for it.  They sure as hell aren't taking $300 bucks as the prize for that risk :)

$1,500 maybe if someone figures your chances of cashing were really better than 50-60%...but you'd really have to get creative on getting there and places to stay to save the sponser on costs :)

makes sense to me.  really 10% of 3,000 is 300.  or according to my donation idea just getting the money back.  why i changed that post.  not that I think there will  be much effort to sponsor gats

perhaps we should start a paypal campaign for Joey the Gatsman. I'd be willing to collect the money via paypal. Each person would have a share in Joey Gats based on 1 dollar a share. Our target goal would be 300 dollars. I think that would cover entry, travel costs and sharing a hotel room. Most likely he would either need a cheap flight to chi town or train to pittsburg and then to car pool. Which I would still be willing to cover if he had the ability to pay. This would give him that.

If joey needs to cover the stake money before he can win anything. Split will be 50/50 if he wins more than 600 dollars. if less than 600 we cover the donations first then he gets any leftover scraps.

If he doesn't go I will refund the money.

I'd love to do more but right now I'm still inbetween jobs for two weeks and had to scrap to cover my flight costs for my own trip to Madison. I'd ask that everyone take this seriously. Perhaps next year I will run a donation for another out of luck tecmoer. Maybe one a little more deserving IMO.

Mort dropping some mad logic.

Get a damn job Gats so you can quit collecting food stamps dog.... Pathetic!

P.S. 

This thread is worthless just like Gats. Anyone who thinks being great at tecmo makes you successful in life is lost that is all I can say my online tecmo pen pals.

i never said it was but when u can win 3k it is sort of not worthles. i can feed myself off the game i love what a great way to live.

AS a updated bonus i will conclude a GATS road to madison 5 min videos. will be mainly me post gym workout or something..

well I got at least one person who would help sponsor you on my plan.  I'm thinking of doing 20 dollar shares.  I'm changing the goal to 400 to cover food costs.  So I would need 19 more sponsors at 20 bucks and I would need your agreement to the earlier conditions.  Also Chet or Josh to agree I would be in charge of distributing your potential winnings. 

Lets be honest.  No one is going to pay 300 to 400 dollars for you(i forgot about vittles).  Yet already I've seen two people willing to pay partial shares.  That's two more people than you deserve.  Do some sit ups, pushups and running to get in shape.  Make some stuff up cause there ain't no gym membership in this deal.  I expect you to be like Rocky and going up that staircase like a champ on that art museum the weekend before Madison.

How much money do you have.  Keep in mind if you put in say 100 than the donors will not take as much of the potential winnings Joe.  It might make a sign of good faith if you could work a temp job for a week and collect some cash,

As long as the first two sponsors are going to Madison I would prefer it that way so I can purchase his spot in the big dance asap.  Then if he quits I can give you guys back your cash there and perhaps reserve the spot for another last minute high quality name in the tecmo community.

Edited by mort1237

Mort, this is a very good idea. You can count on me every year to help somebody from our community come to Madison who otherwise couldn't. With controversy always surrounding Gats it could be tough this year. However, imagine how much controversy and entertainment he'll bring to us LIVE... C'mon folks!!! Skip a disappointing trip to the movies and help make some Tecmo history! 

I'd also like to propose that if this happens and gats wins enough prize money that we hold enough funds to bring him back for TecmoXI so it doesn't interrupt with other fund raising next year.  

I'm in for $50 as stated in the other thread, but i get a 5-10minute interview that will be LIVE on stream. It will mainly explore the mystique of "Who is joeygats?"

Damn bro.  Ok.  This is a reality then.  He will do your interview.  I've got 20 myself.  20 from manyo and 20 from diaz.  I already have 110 of the 400 dollars.

Mort, this is a very good idea. You can count on me every year to help somebody from our community come to Madison who otherwise couldn't. With controversy always surrounding Gats it could be tough this year. However, imagine how much controversy and entertainment he'll bring to us LIVE... C'mon folks!!! Skip a disappointing trip to the movies and help make some Tecmo history! 

I'd also like to propose that if this happens and gats wins enough prize money that we hold enough funds to bring him back for TecmoXI so it doesn't interrupt with other fund raising next year.  

If he wins or comes in second he can volunteer some of his share or we can volunteer some of the winnings for that.  When he agrees and the madison guys we can work out the details down to the nitty gritty.