Gats needs a madison sponser!

joeygats

how are you getting to Madison bro?  Not to mention do you feel comfortable with a normal d pad or do you have a solution to that?  Let alone how many games do you play on console and who do you practice against? 

I'm going to be brutally honest.  I don't think anyone who does not play a lot of games on console will have a chance in hell of winning this tourney.  its a totally different game from playing online Tecmo.  Yet at the same time if your getting at least 5 games in a week from now till tourney time I think you have a shot.  Your most important thing will to be careful of matchups that don't fit your style. 

Edited by mort1237

i think i can win that first place prize money. whoever sponsors me will get back that money plus 10% of the prize money if i win

If you show up, I'll pay your entry fee.  If the tournament is full, I'll give you my spot.

You're on your own for transportation and money.

tumblr_mya5ecW7Xu1qza432o1_400.jpg

how are you getting to Madison bro?

Good point #1

Not to mention do you feel comfortable with a normal d pad or do you have a solution to that?  Let alone how many games do you play on console and who do you practice against?

Good point #2

I'm going to be brutally honest.  I don't think anyone who does not play a lot of games on console will have a chance in hell of winning this tourney.  its a totally different game from playing online Tecmo.

The best point of all the good ones.

Yet at the same time if your getting at least 5 games in a week from now till tourney time I think you have a shot.  Your most important thing will to be careful of matchups that don't fit your style.

Still not enough to get used to console, original rom, or live tournament play. There is also the complete lack of appreciation of the quality of player who comes to the Madison tournament.

Let alone how many games do you play on console and who do you practice against? 

I'm going to be brutally honest.  I don't think anyone who does not play a lot of games on console will have a chance in hell of winning this tourney.  its a totally different game from playing online Tecmo.

Not that I disagree, but I was able to compete in Youngstown with a grand total of one console warm-up game. It's not impossible, but there's definitely a difference. I'm hoping 2384732989 games Friday night will do me better come Saturday.

Given that I've already shelled out stupid amounts of money just to make this tourney, you're on your own! Should do like a donation drive stream or something along the lines.

Edited by Kweh

I'll buy you a slice of pizza at 2 am, so your meals for Saturday are now covered.  And I'll give you a $50 bonus for knocking out Orenga and another $75 for knocking out Bailey.

Only $75? I'm disappointed. 

Not that I disagree, but I was able to compete in Youngstown with a grand total of one console warm-up game. It's not impossible, but there's definitely a difference. I'm hoping 2384732989 games Friday night will do me better come Saturday.

Given that I've already shelled out stupid amounts of money just to make this tourney, you're on your own! Should do like a donation drive stream or something along the lines.

There's your million dollar idea! Instead of kickstarter campaigns, we can start our own thing: GatsStarter!

I'll buy you a slice of pizza at 2 am, so your meals for Saturday are now covered.  And I'll give you a $50 bonus for knocking out Orenga and another $75 for knocking out Bailey.

i would easily knock off qb browns not sure bout avgtsb will depend on match i guess...

i would easily knock off qb browns not sure bout avgtsb will depend on match i guess...

Still not enough to get used to console, original rom, or live tournament play. There is also the complete lack of appreciation of the quality of player who comes to the Madison tournament.

I missed that point.  That is a good one and I still think some of the online guys just don't understand how good people in the state of Wisconsin are.  They have been playing tecmo at a high level for a long time.  Most likely longer than the majority of online player if you discount game play that occurred on Nesticle.

Also let me know or someone about your plans to save you some money Joe.  I know we will have time to pick you up in Chi town Fri afternoon or taking the train Thursday night in Pittsburgh.  Lou plans to drive to youngstown thursday night to get el tecmo.  Might be a chance at some warmup games.  I'm an expert at planning these trips to save money and as long as you are willing to pay an equal share of gas I'd give you a ride if needed.

Edited by mort1237

If Gats gets here, is he going to plunge a knife in my back? And if so, is that covered by Colonel Muster Enterprises, LLC's workers compensation insurance? 

if i go to a event its only for tecmo nothing else so thats to laugh at.. to answer mort i have 0 dollars and my sponsor ship will include my gym fee. i will use the time from when im sponsored till the event to get in shape and top tecmo orig rom form. i will treat this like a job cause thats what it is. 3k will change my life for the better. this is my lottery ticket.

my sponsor has to be before febuary though or it will not be enough time for me. so serious offers please AIM

I missed that point.  That is a good one and I still think some of the online guys just don't understand how good people in the state of Wisconsin are.  They have been playing tecmo at a high level for a long time.  Most likely longer than the majority of online player if you discount game play that occurred on Nesticle.

Also let me know or someone about your plans to save you some money Joe.  I know we will have time to pick you up in Chi town Fri afternoon or taking the train Thursday night in Pittsburgh.  Lou plans to drive to youngstown thursday night to get el tecmo.  Might be a chance at some warmup games.  I'm an expert at planning these trips to save money and as long as you are willing to pay an equal share of gas I'd give you a ride if needed.

i see the results and who makes it in these things and thats reason for me to beleive i will win it all if i play my game and not worry bout your game...

look joe.  If you want to change your life get a job or two, Save money and then think about going to school or doing something else to improve your life.  10 percent of a 2,000 or 3,000 dollar prize is not going to change your life for more than a few months.  If your serious about playing tecmo than pay your way to get there.  I offered to help because I thought you seriously would make an effort to get here.

Posting like an 18 year old girl with a hot body hoping for a man to pay for everything in her life is no way to quote "change my life for the better"

Edited by mort1237

look joe.  If you want to change your life get a job or two, Save money and then think about going to school or doing something else to improve your life.  10 percent of a 2,000 dollar prize is not going to change your life for more than a few months.  If your serious about playing tecmo than pay your way to get there.  I offered to help because I thought you seriously would make an effort to get here.

Posting like an 18 year old girl with a hot body hoping for a man to pay for everything in her life is no way to quote "change my life for the better"

i dont get 10% the sponser does and its only 2k? that changes everything.. could of sworn it was 3k. and i am i investment to someone looking to gamble and make money.

i doubt anyone does invest cause they dont know if i could win i be hesitent to but at same time if i was well off like most tecmoers i would take that risk. shoot why not

i dont get 10% the sponser does and its only 2k? that changes everything.. could of sworn it was 3k. and i am i investment to someone looking to gamble and make money.

i doubt anyone does invest cause they dont know if i could win i be hesitent to but at same time if i was well off like most tecmoers i would take that risk. shoot why not

my math was off.  Big deal.  its 2 to 3 thousand for first place.  you get 90 % of that.  its not 20 or 30 thousand dollars.  Now if it was that much I might understand this desperation of yours to get the money.

I wouldn't bank on winning tecmo tournament when close games between 2 good players comes down to hands of the tecmo gods. Ickey woods could fumble away a punt return in 4th qtr when games is tied with 1 min left..you could jj'ed to death by sconnie or be a victim of a mort bomb....i might block 2 extra points in a row!!!,,...someone might call Colts vs Pats vs you. Plus you required to drink atleast a beer per game joey. If you can meet me in cleveland i can get you ride there (the tecmo gods would probably frown upon this)...but

Edited by red98sethuthut