SNES TSB I 2 Pt Conversion Mod

holtmaki

Someone should make a snes mod for tecmo superbowl I for the program to have 2 pt conversions, fake punts and fake field goals. It would also be great if there were two playbooks and different D formations.

Also, how do you audible in TSB3? I know you hit up but how do you choose the play?

Edited by holtmaki

So when you audible on SNES.   you use X.    What happens next relies on you knowing your playbook well.   Here's an example from the beginning

Run to Pass Example

You select Playbook 1 at the selection screen.

You decide you want to pick a running play designated by down + a. 

Before you pick it, look over at the pass play in the down + b position.  If/when you call audible this will be the alternate play.

You get to the field and see that your opponent has goal line picked.

You hit the X button.  If you now hit A  your team will switch to the down + b passing play.   If instead you hit B, your team run the original play you called, but you'll have left your opponent thinking you might have audibled.

Pass to Run Example

You select Playbook 1 at the selection screen.

You decide you want to pick a passing play designated by down + b. 

Before you pick it, look over at the run play in the down + a position.  If/when you call audible this will be the alternate play.

You get to the field and see that your opponent has dime package defense picked.

You hit the X button.  If you now hit A  your team will switch to the down + a passing play. if you hit b instead it will cancel the audible.

As good strategy, it's nice to align your running and passing plays that coordinate control pad directions with the same formation.  That way you won't be super obvious when you switch from I running formation to shotgun with single back and telegraph a pass.

TLDR:  X to start the audbile.  A to change to the one alternate play.  B to 'cancel' the audible and run the called play

Edited by Dusto