Des Moines, IA - 05/17/2014 - 2nd Annual Tourney

hawkeye98

Super Iowa Tecmo Tourney II

6l3e8.png

Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament
Bondurant, Iowa

link for tourney:  http://superiowatecmobowl.weebly.com/

REGISTER:  We will need some consoles and controllers and systems for sure just list what you can bring.  Please register at link above..link will also have spot to say what you can bring.

thanks.

When: 
05-17-2014
10:30 am start time

Where: 

3205 WOLF CREEK ROAD SW
BONDURANT, IOWA 50035

CLUBHOUSE

Madison rules:

• Team Selection & Coin Toss: A manual coin-flip will precede each game. The coin-flip winner will choose the matchup (i.e. the two teams). The coin-flip loser then selects either (a) one of the two teams or (his preferred controller. If the coin-flip loser selects his preferred controller, the coin-flip winner selects a team first.
  • “One Matchup Once” Rule: The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout
    the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.
  • Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes: Customizing playbooks is permissible. You can access your “change” screen (screen where you check player conditions and make substitutions) only twice per half. This helps speed up the games.
  • WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
  • No Ties/Overtime: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will
    proceed to OT. All OT's will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
  • Lurching: Lurching is prohibited. If you want to rush with a DL, you must either go outside the offensive
    tackle or “popcorn” someone on the offensive line. You cannot simply go around your blocker and dive. Note that this rule does not apply to LBs.
  • Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the
    start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
  • Tournament Disputes: Tournament referees will decide all disputes unless one of them is a player in the game.

thanks.

Edited by Knobbe

I have 2 systems and 3-4 tvs... i think 3 tvs. I'm gonna be smoking some meat this year for everyone to munch on. I really hope 8bit comes with the hotdogs again, they were literally the best hot dogs i have ever had. Gonna have raffle prizes this year and were gonna work on a killer trophy for the champ. Dont forget 100% payout to the players. We dont take any money out for admin charges so lets load this up so someone can get rich!!

I'll definitely try to make it.  If I do I have a TV and NES hookup.

You may need to revisit your rule 4.  If you can't put a RB at WR, then you can't run an offset I playbook with any of the R&S teams.  Cuts a whole playbook out, because offset I is a RB2 playbook.

This is a lot of fun everyone, so if you can make it, do it!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys just got back from harlan tourney this week, and we might try the calcutta auction at our tourney this year as well.

here is how it works:

last 8 players left in tourney we will stop play and have a bidding war per player...when a player wins the bid on that player say for 50 bux he owns him for rest of tourney and will split prize money with him but only if he matches half of what bid went for..for example Jeremy is player 1 and Pat who lost earlier in tourney won the bid for 50 bux..if jeremy chooses to pay half of the 50$ bid jeremy can claim half of what place i get..so if jeremy finishes first jeremy would get half of the purse for the first place finisher.  we will pay out top 3 players for tourney and for calcutta.  So at end of auction and all 8 players have a sponsor we will talley up all money and pay out 50% for first place, 30% for 2nd and 20% of pool for 3rd.  so if a player does not match half of the bid he will not collect any money if he finishes in the top 3 but the sponsor or the person who won the bid will get all of the prize for that place.

its really easy once we start doing it and will increase prize pool so i figured it will be worth it.

what does everyone think?

hey guys just got back from harlan tourney this week, and we might try the calcutta auction at our tourney this year as well.

here is how it works:

last 8 players left in tourney we will stop play and have a bidding war per player...when a player wins the bid on that player say for 50 bux he owns him for rest of tourney and will split prize money with him but only if he matches half of what bid went for..for example Jeremy is player 1 and Pat who lost earlier in tourney won the bid for 50 bux..if jeremy chooses to pay half of the 50$ bid jeremy can claim half of what place i get..so if jeremy finishes first jeremy would get half of the purse for the first place finisher.  we will pay out top 3 players for tourney and for calcutta.  So at end of auction and all 8 players have a sponsor we will talley up all money and pay out 50% for first place, 30% for 2nd and 20% of pool for 3rd.  so if a player does not match half of the bid he will not collect any money if he finishes in the top 3 but the sponsor or the person who won the bid will get all of the prize for that place.

its really easy once we start doing it and will increase prize pool so i figured it will be worth it.

what does everyone think?

Just to clarify this is in addition to the 100% payouts of the tournament entry fee. So basically there will be two different pots of payouts... were gonna pay out top 3 places from the entry fees and then well have a calcutta auction to pay out top 3 places like Jeremy said. I know going into Harlan i was really confused by it all but once it got going i understood it and think it is a really good idea. Just another way to make back some money if you lose and to get more money if you win!

I have attached a couple of pictures of the venue we use for our Iowa tourney. We rent a club house that is perfect for this event! It is large and allows us to set up plenty of tv/game stations. It has a kitchen that we are planning on filling with bbq and snacks and stuff for you to come and enjoy. There is also a lounge room with couches and chairs and a tv for inbetween games of for another station to be set up if we want. I think this facility is better than your usual bar area  tecmo events because it is our own space that we use without inturreption from anyone else. You can feel free to bring your own drinks also.  We have a grill on the patio and there is even a small pool on the side!!!!!!! We are planning on having some drawings for give aways this year, which include random NES games and some other retro gaming stuff. Should be a great time!

post-10965-0-41624500-1392301269_thumb.j

post-10965-0-14193800-1392301283_thumb.j

I like the Calcutta idea.  I'm going to sign up for the tourney for sure.

Jeremy, you and I should probably get together prior to March 8 for some Tecmo.  You interested? 

yea that is a good idea, ill ask noonan also he lives in the area and maybe justin can drive down.  but live practice is great.  let me know what your thinking for place.

yea that is a good idea, ill ask noonan also he lives in the area and maybe justin can drive down.  but live practice is great.  let me know what your thinking for place.

Could we get that clubhouse at your place?  That may be good.  Also, my buddy owns Angelo's on 8th in WDM (old Jimmy's).  We may be able to reserve their party room for an afternoon and tip a few back for the realistic "Madison" experience.  For times, I could probably do Saturday the 22nd (after 1pm or so), Sunday the 23rd, or the following weekend of Mar 2/3.  Could also maybe make a Friday evening work if needed. 

• 4 weeks later...

last year we got 24 exactly so double elimination was easy to do, if we get more this year probably do single elimination until final 8 or so then do double elimination, but we can play it be ear also, if i can get 3 more setups than last year we will have 11 stations to run games on then we probably could.  pool play for sure to guarantee more games per person.  also we might run calcutta auction for final 8 or so.  hope to see you there should be fun..also we will have food but bring your own beer though.

right now we have 11 signed up so far with over 2 months left until tourney...check out website I made, nothing special but shows past signups and registration page also...

http://superiowatecmobowl.weebly.com/

Edited by hawkeye98

• 4 weeks later...

We are exactly one month away from Super Iowa Tecmo II

We will post the projected pool assignments about 2 weeks before the tourney date so make sure to get signed up on the site so we have you down!

link for registration: http://superiowatecmobowl.weebly.com/

FYI- Jeremy (hawkeye98) has guaranteed that he will repeat as champ so everyone come and knock him out!!

Hey everyone were checking to see if there is any interest in getting together at the clubhouse friday May 16th for practice?

I believe Iram, James, justin, Jeremy and pat are all interested in getting together friday night and getting some practice games in. Post on here if you are going to be around friday and want to come. We can open up the club house friday night around 6-6:30pm central time.

• 2 weeks later...

Pools are announced!!!!!!!!!! These are subject to change depending on registration additions and drop outs. We tried to separate pools so you dont play anyone you are riding with but if you are in a pool with anyone that you are riding with let us know. Well keep 4 pools unless we get more than 24 poeple then we will go with 5 pools. This should give everyone at least 6 games. Let us know if you have any questions!! 

Pool 1

Mark Carrier Division

Jeremy S

Excell

Kevin D

Cory S

Steve

Pool 2

Ottis Anderson Division

Justin P

Iram

Justin E