Harlan, IA - 02/08/14 - 4th Annual Tecmo Harlan (DATE CHANGE TO FEB 8TH)

thedotz

The tourney will not be canceled because of the weather. It may affect the turn out but it will go on as scheduled.

As mentioned, we will be setting up and testing on Friday night. I think all but two of the TV's we plan to play on were there last year. We have some TV's to bring in if we feel the delay affects play. These are 20+ year old systems, games, controllers, wires, etc. Keep in mind that some are in better shape than others. We will do our best to give the best equipment/play available at each station but there may be subtle differences. If we feel it will cause problems/issues, it will be fixed Friday night. We can't make everyone happy but we are trying our best to address any issues/concerns we are made aware of. We are playing in the tournament also so understand we want the best conditions as well when we play. With all due respect to Madison, we haven't had as many tournaments and we are more limited to our venue/equipment/etc. If you plan to have a good time playing Tecmo on Saturday, you will have a good time playing Tecmo.

Last year we played on the exact same TV's and we had no complaints.   Palik and Moulds played on the 10ft projector screen and there is very little if any lag on it.   As for the Flat screens there all Plasma's to my knowledge and do not have lag like the LCD's at 60hz do.  

There are only 2 players in a game and there playing on the same screen same system.   Hopefully losing a game doesn't come down to screen lag, if it does then you didn't drink enough.  It's not like were playing online or anything.   Even some tube TV's compared to other Tube TV's have lag if you compared them.

Mike and I went through all of our systems and games last night. We took every one apart and cleaned and fixed 72 pin connectors. We will have 11 complete systems, 9 games, and extra controllers. We personally tested all the controllers so hopefully we don't have any issues.

Hope to see everyone Saturday.

Dotz

Palik and Moulds played on the 10ft projector screen and there is very little if any lag on it. 

As an FYI since the NES has two outputs it's possible for two guys to play on a "regular" tv while also outputting the game to a projector screen like that for everyone to see.

Knobbe,

You are correct but to be fair, you'll have to see the set up. It has been tradition for us to play our last game or two of the tourney on the big projector screen. I think you'll like the way things are set up.

We did forget to mention the trophy that the winner gets to take home. They get their name on the trophy that stays at the bar as well as their own piece of hardware for the mantle.

And again I'd like to say that we would appreciate any and all of you in attendance thanking Don (bar owner and bartender) for allowing us to have the Tecmo tourney at his bar. Harlan, IA doesn't have a huge selection of venues but we believe the Lounge is as good as any place around for this sort of an event.

See you all Saturday!

The bar only has frozen pizzas, chips, etc. As mentioned previously, we are bringing some food to munch on. I believe Dotz has a couple pork loins he is smoking and my wife and I are bringing some scotcharoos, chips and some buffalo chicken dip that pretty much rocks.

If you want to order pizza from around town, they will deliver right to the bar and Don doesn't mind us eating in there, especially if we're drinking. There are more options than just pizza around town but I believe they are the only places that will deliver so you don't have to miss any Tecmo action.

Some of the guys can comment from last year about the food we will have there. Basically it's not a full meal but it is enough to munch on that you won't be hungry if that makes sense.

We tested all the TV's and systems last night.  Got the porkloins almost done and the Chicken will be ready about 11.   Hope to see everyone at The Lounge.    Good luck to everyone, because were gonna need it if DotDon shows up representing 1999 Wal-Mart crew.  Hehe 

yea great tourney cant wait for next year...just a reminder justin and I are hosting in des moines on may 17 if you guys want to join.  i think we will do the calcutta auction also, that was cool.

I'm guessing the pots won't be nearly as high ;)