Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

Not unless they have a surprise in store for us. Maybe a giant cake with Don Majkowski (or the stripper from Under Siege) in it?

I'm guessing that the Majik man has held up better over time than July 1989 Playboy Centerfold, Baywatch Beauty Shauni McClain, and Playboy Playmate/USS Missouri Captain's Striptease Cake Girl Jordan Tate, the one and only Erika Eleniak.

Just booked a room at the Super 8. I'll be driving up from Chicago on Friday and have room to pick up folks at the Milwaukee airport along the way. Of course this assumes the timing works out and you're not this guy: me if interested.

sounds good im staying at super eight too. Look forward to meeting u. But I'd just take the i90 straight from chi to madison that's most direct route. Reminds of a road trip story with me mort and my dad. Were driving back from Seattle....we get to state of Wisconsin...a younger mort disobeyed me and my dads navigation route by driving a cross wisc from madison to Milwaukee to Chicago to in his words avoid traffic in chi when he just stayed on the i90. Mort loves longcuts Edited by red98sethuthut

Looking forward to meeting everyone as well.  

Relative to where I live, I94 just happens to be more convenient.  Also, I94 has fewer tolls, fewer cops, and is less prone to traffic gridlock.  But if you're driving north through Chicago and have the choice of I90 or I94, I would check the traffic on Google Maps and factor that into which road to take.  

Besides, nothing wrong picking up dudes at the airport and driving to a hotel together.  Wait, no, that doesn't sound right!

Looking forward to meeting everyone as well.  

Relative to where I live, I94 just happens to be more convenient.  Also, I94 has fewer tolls, fewer cops, and is less prone to traffic gridlock.  But if you're driving north through Chicago and have the choice of I90 or I94, I would check the traffic on Google Maps and factor that into which road to take.  

Besides, nothing wrong picking up dudes at the airport and driving to a hotel together.  Wait, no, that doesn't sound right!

That's what I noticed on I94 that it had less traffic and less tolls.  Something I've argued for 10 years that was better than tolls and risking sitting in traffic for a half hour to four hours like we had on the way up because it is the shorter distance between two points.

Take that Louis.

So gentlemen, if there's ONE player you'd like to face in play at Madison, who would it be and why?

Simple...Regulator. 

He would probably crush me, but I love playing against the best. And that is what I love about the Madison tournament (and live tournaments in genera), I've played Sobhi, mort, daboy, tecmopsycho, sconnieale, bigmv54, vogtcd11, moulds33, and others who aren't "names" but are really good. Reg would just be a fun game win or lose. 

So gentlemen, if there's ONE player you'd like to face in play at Madison, who would it be and why?

To echo QB Browns, I always want to play the best.  I'd love to play Chet.  Almost did in Lincoln, but couldn't win my game to advance to play him.  Seeing DaBoy last year put him on my love to play list too, as well as Mort and Matt Vogt.  In 3 years at Madison, I've played Sobhi, Regulator, PatBeach, Jeff B, Toolie, and Jay H.  All fantastic players.  that's what is great about this tourney.

I had Sobhi in my bracket last year, but of course that meant I needed to win to stay on the same side of the bracket as him. Would love to have had my buttcheeks reddened by him.

Chet. I've played most of the other greats that are going..I'd like to see how I'd fare. Probably not good, but never hurts to see.