Madison, WI - 03/08/14 - Tecmo X: The Gannonball Run

sonofpatbeach

Well, shoot. Here I am again, way in over my head, but it's all good because I love peeing next to guys like Leonardite and D Murray. As I have not picked up an NES controller since March 2013, are there any plans in the works for MN delegates to do some warm-up?

Also, it appears my bearded bro and I may not be able to do our annual Megabus adventure due to the current cost/benefit analysis I just did. Is there a carpool situation from Minny that we could chip in on? Keep in mind we're like 2 and a half people (no offense, Lodge)

Well, shoot. Here I am again, way in over my head, but it's all good because I love peeing next to guys like Leonardite and D Murray. As I have not picked up an NES controller since March 2013, are there any plans in the works for MN delegates to do some warm-up?

Also, it appears my bearded bro and I may not be able to do our annual Megabus adventure due to the current cost/benefit analysis I just did. Is there a carpool situation from Minny that we could chip in on? Keep in mind we're like 2 and a half people (no offense, Lodge)

I will never forget the 'Death Ride to The Plaza.' Having Lodge lean right on those turns was possibly the funniest driving experience of my life.

Just be glad you were in on that ride, in comparison to the ride the night previous with Moulds, Toolie and myself!!!!

We should probably be dead...running a red light going 45 mph on icy roads will get your heart rate up!  The funny thing was that he told me when we left the hotel that he was the "worst driver ever" or something to that effect.  I thought he was kidding!  :)

Just be glad you were in on that ride, in comparison to the ride the night previous with Moulds, Toolie and myself!!!!

We should probably be dead...running a red light going 45 mph on icy roads will get your heart rate up!  The funny thing was that he told me when we left the hotel that he was the "worst driver ever" or something to that effect.  I thought he was kidding!   :)

I am glad to see that we were not the only ones to almost die. Going somewhat airborne with 4 large men and 1 toddler sized man was pretty epic/scary.

Wait, brodell, weren't you in our Versa that night too?!?

Incorrect sir.  Lurching does not apply to LBs.  See Madison Rules.

True, my bad on the example.

If we ask around nicely, I'm sure we can throw something together. As for the carpool, I'm in tense negotiations with the wife about travel options. If it's just me, I can give you and lodge a ride down, but I wouldn't count on it as it stands now. 

There is about a 50/50 chance Gats would show up to the tournament if you held it where he lived.

There is also a 50/50 chance he'd watch that on a live stream.

I see you and raise you:

Gats’ Chance of Winning Madison if he Never Shows—0%

Gats’ Chance of Winning Madison if he Ever Shows—0%

The same can be said of these other trolls (TsbGod comes to mind) that follow the stream all day and critique the Elite 8 competitors. They’re no different than the local pro in Argentina who says he’s better at golf than Tiger Woods. 

Murray & Bruddog's Shuttle Service

I get in Thursday evening and have a roomy, spacious NIssan Versa waiting to be filled with men and luggage on Friday. I can make a trip to the Milwaukee Airport to grab a few Tecmo'ers on Friday, morning to early afternoon, to pick up 3 grown men & their luggage for a free, uncomfortable ride back to Madison. If there are a few Tecmo'ers who get in around the same time, the Versa awaits!

But wait, there's more! If Bruddog decides to not go on the voyage, the ride upgrades to 4 grown men....WOW!

PM/DM/Email me and we'll work it out. Rides to and from the Madison airport can happen many times during the day Friday. It is like ~5miles.

NOTE: Feel free to ride back with me to Milwaukee as well. Except...my flight is at 7:30AM Sunday. THANKS SOUTHWEST. But yea, free ride and I'll buy you coffee.

haha, I scheduled my flight for 6 am sunday morning.... figured I'll make a night of it and roll into the airport in style, which is to say I'll be in no mood for coffee and donuts.

caffeine constricts dilated blood vessels that are causing headhaches

sugar and fat won't hurt

ibuprofen is what you should add

Edited by bgboud2

Ok folks, registration is back up. I made an addendum to the original post on this thread, and have pasted it below as well:

"As of Jan 15, we have updated our registration process so that players will either use PayPal or mail a check to confirm their spot in the tournament. We had some irreconcilable differences with our previous payment processing vendor, so had to make the change mid-stream. The registration process won't be quite as smooth from here on out, as the Web site won't take you directly to PayPal, but it's the best we can do. Keep in mind that a spot won't be held for you until we receive the money via PayPal, or a check in the PO Box. We apologize for this inconvenience, and truly appreciate your patience as we work through this. We will be reaching out to those affected by the transition process directly."

Edited by sonofpatbeach