playing online with mac

Deleted Account

I got this message from

Slappin Da "A"

Hey Mort,

Can you please tell me how I can play online with a MAC Book Pro? Its driving me nuts not to be able to play online!
Thank you!!

I don't know much about mac's.  I would guess you need some sort of virtual environment that makes a mac more like a pc.  for example i found one a few months ago in order to be able to play oregon trail (mac application) on my pc. That was specifically designed for one program.

http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/

I'm guessing nestopia will run in the environment but I have no clue if you would be able to connect let alone host games.  If anyone has an answer for this guy post here.  I will send him a link to this post.

Thanks

Mort

• 3 weeks later...

I could probably figure this out on today sometime after 5:30 EST if anyone wants to act as the host.   I'm at work till then.   I am on Linux Mint (which is sorta like Ubuntu) and use a combination of WINE and Mono to get the various Windows only builds and tools to run.   I haven't tried any online play myself and it wouldn't hurt for me to learn how while teaching everyone else.  Usually what works on Ubuntu works even easier for Macs

Edited by Dusto

I could probably figure this out on today sometime after 5:30 EST if anyone wants to act as the host.   I'm at work till then.   I am on Linux Mint (which is sorta like Ubuntu) and use a combination of WINE and Mono to get the various Windows only builds and tools to run.   I haven't tried any online play myself and it wouldn't hurt for me to learn how while teaching everyone else.  Usually what works on Ubuntu works even easier for Macs

This would be incredibly helpful.