Cheektowaga, NY - 05/03/14 - Buffalo Bounty II: Be a youtube star!!

Great to meet you too buddy.  Just as nice of a guy in real life!

Was a blast to see everyone and make new friends. Was great meeting Lou for the first time.. too bad he had to leave cause he was playing well. Left during Elite 8 to hang out with my wife and kids. Made a really cool weekend outta this get together. My family can't wait for the next one with my kids asking if we can come back during the summer to stay a week! Some really great local spots to hit up also! 

Congrats Lou!  There was nobody more deserving of that trophy than you.  We have played a lot of games together, and I gotta say when we played our game in this tourney and you demolished me I knew you were the guy to beat.  There was something different about the way you were playing; and by different I mean freakin awesome!

I was very happy to take my 4th place trophy - a 400 lb tv I got to carry into mort and lou's basement.

Another fantastic tourney by two of the best guys in tecmo!

[quote name="Laztlain" post="403257" timestamp="1399292

Ty jason. Sorry we shoulda cut the bubble.guy.in but you did.win some.bounty money. Ty for buying half of tacos (I couldn't let you buy them all...#tecmogodsseeall) and remember once we get the videos of all the games there's a prize for.best played game of the tournanment. I think ive algways been a streaky player whos talented but not consistent at times. Saturday I was in the zone like a basketball player who.couldnt miss a shot all day. .bigmv played great today too ....mort is always around the.final four...gg to all

Edited by red98sethuthut

The Buffalo Bounty Video is completed. I am sending the link to Francis so he can embed it in a post on tecmo101, get him some additional pageviews!  (the video is pretty sweet so check it out)

Cool....And the games (the ones from twitch.tv are up at youtube) At http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0xffl1mQbnPGEVkn-X5XQ 

obviously your not from buffalo if your asking why I had a Steve Tasker division.  There is no way a special teams player like him had a chance of making the game and yet he was a key player in Buffalo during those years.  The theme of the groups was the lesser know Bills after the big name and of course Tasker seemed to fit that group.  To be honest based on popularity I honestly feel in the Buffalo area his name is probably next in people's hearts after the big names of Levy, Thomas, Kelly and Smith.

I had a blast at this tourney!  It was great talking with the Buffalo crowd as well as the people who traveled (and the 6+ hour ride up with Greg).  I really enjoyed the meetup the night before and shooting the breeze with all the guys and playing some good competition. I could definitely tell Lou was on fire from the meetup the night before.  

I thought Lou spilling the beer before the loser's bracket championship was a bad omen for him.  But he was a man on a mission.  Congrats to Lou, Matt, and Mort for finishing top 3.

Being in a "super group" provided for some excellent competition, but likely prepared me to make the elite 8.  My game against Chris was pretty wacky to get there.  Oh and Laztlain, I'll get you next time!  Though I'm still undefeated against you in non-tourney play.  For whatever reason, you seem to stay in it in every tourney game.  I think Erik knows exactly what I mean by that after this past Saturday!

I had a blast at this tourney! It was great talking with the Buffalo crowd as well as the people who traveled (and the 6+ hour ride up with Greg). I really enjoyed the meetup the night before and shooting the breeze with all the guys and playing some good competition. I could definitely tell Lou was on fire from the meetup the night before.

I thought Lou spilling the beer before the loser's bracket championship was a bad omen for him. But he was a man on a mission. Congrats to Lou, Matt, and Mort for finishing top 3.

Being in a "super group" provided for some excellent competition, but likely prepared me to make the elite 8. My game against Chris was pretty wacky to get there. Oh and Laztlain, I'll get you next time! Though I'm still undefeated against you in non-tourney play. For whatever reason, you seem to stay in it in every tourney game. I think Erik knows exactly what I mean by that after this past Saturday!

ty the tecmo gods work in mysterious ways. I remember thinking after I accidentally spilled my beer that is.was sign from.the.gods to quit drinking and.im.glad I spilled.it. as for..laztlain goes...cleary the tecmo gods prefer mighty taco. Jason p..buys half of tacos for everyone (we used the 50/50 $ for the other half and two pitchers of beer for everyone). And it paid dividends. Laztlain was 1st to win a 50/50 prize...then he broke a tie game vs joey v. With a fumble recovery on defense as time expires (chi over cin 17 to 10). That did get joey v. The "ickey woods hardluck tecmoer $20 prize". Every year the first player.to GIVE UP a td on a defensive fumble recovery gets twenty bucks. Then laztlains browns trail arncoenms packers in 4th...laz puts slaughter in at t.e. and calls proset pass 3. And gets this incredible pass that was "seamlessly interwoven between the paisley tapestry" of gb defense. The pass goes over the head of man defenser and.in front of.the drone and slaughter runs in as both of the defenders fell over. As slaughter ran into the endzone to tie with 30 secs. Left.He won on a f.g. in ot. Im probably leaving out the other games laz was involved with. Anyways #mightytaco Edited by red98sethuthut

I made my solemn offering of tacos to the Tecmo gods in a ceremony the night before.  3 hours of chanting..... "Oh great gods of tecmo, let the JJ's not land for the opposition but landeth for the Laztlain.  Oh great gods of tecmo, let the fumbles be returndeth for scores only for those of the Laztlain.  Hear me, and I will remain loyal!!"

IT WORKED!

At least Joey got $20 for that fumble returned against him.  The game against Erik included his game-winning FG being blocked in OT.  And I'm still in disbelief that I kicked that onside kick before the half in our elimination game.  I think you are so talkative and jovial when you play against someone that they are lulled into a false sense of security... and that's when you strike!

What a great time. Thanks Mort and Louis for an awesome tourney. Great to meet a lot of fellow tecmoers who welcomed the "new guy" with open arms. Friday night was a lot of fun too kicking back and playing some pre-tourney games. Capped it all off with drinks (including 2 free shots) and a smokehouse burger at Smokey Bones. Congrats Louis on the big win!

What a great time. Thanks Mort and Louis for an awesome tourney. Great to meet a lot of fellow tecmoers who welcomed the "new guy" with open arms. Friday night was a lot of fun too kicking back and playing some pre-tourney games. Capped it all off with drinks (including 2 free shots) and a smokehouse burger at Smokey Bones. Congrats Louis on the big win!

Yes sir glad to meet you 2..Smokeybones is the official post-game restaurant of the "buffalo bounty II" Tsb tourney..i enjoyed the shots too (not the next day though)

Here is my Tourney recap...
We had some guys who couldn't make the tourney for legitimate reasons and but couple of locals stiffed us got about 30 players.  We were a little worried that the locals wouldn't show. So there was scrambling around to adjust groups. pre-paying really helped us out. A couple of guys made it late and were allowed to play in bracket portion of the tourney.

*** Mort made "random macthup cards"...it was option to use in tourney (although i still prefer calling the match myself). It's basically for new guys so people dont call lopsided matches and those sick of calling match ups. And if a guy picked a random matchup the loser of the coin toss still had his option of what controller he wanted. Then the loser of coin picks what side he wants BEFORE he sees the card...Player 1 gets the top team Player 2 gets bottom team on card. Each specific random matchup alternated which team was on top or bottom of card. So there was 10 MINN/WASH cards in the deck...5 had MINN as Player1 5 had MINN as Player 2. Vice-verse for Wash. ***
Format- 4 man Round-Robin Pool plays (with 2 Supergroups..those in supergroups got either 1 or 2 seed in bracket play for there bravery). 7 of 8 projected guys in super-groups has made to elite8 in both years of tourney. It was single-elimination until the elite8 which was double elimination.
Tourney MVP: QB Browns / "Mighty taco"
Tourney Goat: The sidelines
Winner Of Mort's $50 Bounty: BigMV
Winner of 50/50 $ ...Doug w.(Childhood tecmo freind Of Mort and Lou) Bufalo Ny $60
Winner of the hard luck "Ickey Woods" tecmoer prize...Joey V $20
(First person to GIVE up a fumble-recovery for td 4 opponents defense)
Winner of most rushing yards with Thurman thomas: Jeffrey lewis/ Eugene "Flu" K. $10 each (they asked if was possible to play a bills vs bills double or nothing in game afterwards lol)

TOP 8: 1. Red98 2. BIGMV 3. Mort 4. Laztlain 5. 513boy4life 6. Arncoenm 7. ChaosRison 8. Phillip G.

LINK For Recorded Games : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0xffl1mQbnPGEVkn-X5XQ

Official Fast Food Of tourney: Mighty Taco (we bought have the food with 50/50 money, Im not above bribing the tecmo gods either laztlain!!!!

Official Resturant / Post Tournament Players Bar): Smokey Bones (great burgers)

Official After-Party bar of  Tourney: crabapples (1.50 beers yeah+++)
In Group kelley Mort went 2-1 (Beat Matty V 24-17 chi over KC, W Over Ragu012 34-7 Minn over Sd),,,Matty V went 2-1 (beat Arncoenm 24-10 mai or MINN and beat ragu01 24-14 hou over nyg)..Erik M (arncoenm) Beat Mort 13-7 Dallas over Phx..and ragu012 beat Arcn. 33-7 rams over wash.
In group Thomas...Red98Sethuthut went 3-0 (23-10 minn over sd vs Brian R.)(Overcame a sloppy start on Offense to beat laztlain 14-3 Den over Sd) and held on to win vs Joey V. sd 20 tb 10)...Laztlain won his other games...1 vs Joey V. On a defensive fumble recovery as time expired to 17-10 chi over cin...also pulled out a close game vs brian R. 13-10 redskins over over rams. ) Joey V. beat Brain R. 17-14 dallas over pitt.
In Group tasker...Phillip G. Of Erie was the surprise going 3-0 and winning the group and beating local Doug W. (made elite8 last year) 14-12browns over packers
in Group Blank (forgot to right name of group on sheet )Scott s. of NYC went 3-0 beating Local buffalo tecmoer dan R. (2-1) 21-14 chi over oak
in Group leon seals...Chris H. "Ninja tecmo" went 3-0 Beating two of Lou's local friends Eugene K. "Flu". "Flu" cleary playing for $20 most rushing yards with thurman thomas prize called mia/buf ang got Mia beat another local player 14 to 10.
in group Hull...greg lewis went 3-0 in group play and beat local tecmoer Jim "Frosty Flake" G. (2-1)20-7 chi ova philly

In the round of 32 (also 3 or 4 new players signed up for bracket play  who were late..they got lowest seeds) Matty V., Joey V., Louis B., and Mort drawed byes for being 1st and second in there respective supergroups. In round of 32 Laztlain defeated Frank P of Buffalo (who beat mort in a local non-changing playbook tourney hou vs buffalo on a cc) 28-0 sea over ne. Scott S. of Nyc Adavnced, Phiilip G. of erie advanced in a shootout rams over broncs vs J. gordon. Local player paul B. adavcned with 14-0 den ova pitt win. Jim G of buffalo won 21-3 over Cliff K., Brian R/ (ChaosRison) advanced...Ninjatecmo advanced...Erik M. (arncoenm destryoed somebody 42-0 to advance). In the battle of Dougs...doug w. beat Doug G. 17-7 wash ova minn. My friend flu went for the most rushing yards with thurman prize and gave the other guy the 49ers and lost 32 to 0but did get 140 yards rushing. in the rd16 BigMv destroyed Jim G.of buffalo 42 to zip det ova cin..Red98 beat Dan r. 27 to 7 jets ova saints...Mort survived a tough game vs local paul B. (Paul B. stepped his game up in last 2months) 17 to 10 cards over jets. Brian R. (chaosrison) knocked out Ninjatecmo 24-10 sdover den..details of this game was foggy. Phillip adavced to elite 8 in forfeit win because Lou R. had to leave to do the local news. Lou R. becomes first man in history to play in a tecmo super bowl tournanment and anchor the local news on the same day. Props to you Lou R. In the first round of the elite 8 (double-elim) Red98's Saints beat Phil's Packers 28-10. BigMv's beloved bears Ran all over laztlains Raiders 35-0. Brian R. called a interesting match of mia-philly vs mort..mort qb eagles led to a 24-7 win. Arncoenm's bears got off to 14 point lead over Joey V Bengals led by anderson and bailey offset gives. But Joey V charged back to tie...down a fg in the 4th he went to tie it and send to Ot but his fg was blocked and losted 14-17. Laztlain's Cowboys Knocked out Brian R. Cards 21-14 in the loser's bracket...also in losers bracket Joey V. beat Phiilip sd21-tb7...in Winners Bracket BigMv beat Mort 24-9 Minn over det...in the winners bracket red98's Giants held Arncoenm's Oilers to two 4 and outs and cashed in two early td's for 14 pt lead and went on to win 34-7. In the loser's bracket Laztlain down 7 late in 4th to Arncoenm put slaughter at te and threw a post burner as both of Gb defenders fell over. The pass was seemingly-less interwoven into paseily tapersty of the packers defenders.   He sent the game to ot blocked a fg and kick his own fg to 17-14 (prob the best game of the tourney). In Loser's bracket Mort's Lions held of Joey V Game bucs 27-14. In the semi-finals BigmV bengals lead 10-7 over chi at half...red drove down on first drive at second half...had a fg blocked but scooped it up and tight-roped the sideline for a td. Red held em on the next drive and added long pass to anderson to win 21-10 in a hard fought game. This led to Third place game ..mort vs bigMv..mort drawed a random matchup card bills/giants...both guys exchanged td's till with andree reed going off for Bigmv and nyg offense running effectily aswell. 28-28 late after a buffalo INt... in the 4th Mort fumbles near midfield and Bigmv gets in range and kicks the game winner (another great game to watch). Finals game 1 BigMv vs red98...red calls mia/la rams bigv takes la. la gets ball 1st and scores after a long drive on a sweep in the redzone...mia answers with a toss sweep for 30 td...la fumbles on next drove mai gets fg before half. Mia up 10-7 half..Mia riverboats its on 4th and 3 and gets there run called (as i thought hed pick pass there). la scores to go up 14-10...mia answers with long td drive. but la scores a td with a min left to go 21-17.mai had time but a jensen cc attempt on humprhey was picked. Finals Game 2 Red98 Browns/ BigMV Packers..Browns and packers exchange two tds in first half...second half cle takes a 7 point lead on as Kevin Mack bulls over 3 mia drone-defenders on a checkdown to take 21-14 4th qtr lead. ensuing possesion bigmv riverboats it on 4th and 5 on there on 25 or so and Cle... gets the t.o.d. as Majik accidentally goes OOB. Qb browns to slaughter combo was deadly with cc's and burning routes and led the offenseand goes on to win 28-21.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red98 wins his first championship (What Louis will show up in Upcoming tournaments is question i have for myself).. ? Bigmv (2-1 vs mort) really had a great tournament too and should be a force in midwest on his home grounds to deal with. Mort had good day but i wonder what woulda have happened if i would played him the championship game.(s )(oh wait that happened in cuban bowl 4 and 6 when he won) lol. Laztlain (who bribes the tecmo gods by buying half of the "mighty taco" for everyone...has quitely finished in top 4 in the 3 tournaments hes played in (Buffalo I Runner-Up, Youngstown I Runner-Up (the longest yard) Buffalo II 4th) .

--------------------------------------------------------------------

TY to everyone who came out, helped set up, helped with the live streams, helped us packing the equipment after tournament ...till next year!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK here it is. Looks like so much fun, the rest of you will have to come next year!

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjsvuHY1ZiA&feature=youtu.be

Here is Lou R.'s "ragu012" Video of the Tournament!!!

Edited by red98sethuthut