Cheektowaga, NY - 05/03/14 - Buffalo Bounty II: Be a youtube star!!

Here is pictures of.the trophies boys (just turn your head sideways lol)

SO WHO WILL DRINK FROM THIS TROPHY??? The champion must drink a beer and/or shot from that trophy. Its the new #buffalobountyII Tecmo Super Bowl Tradtion!!!!

#BuffaloBountyII Candiates/Hopefuls

1. After a tough unlucky loss in rd of 64 in madison can "Mort" tecmo's Biggest star Defend His BuffaloBounty I Title??? Or will someone's offset playbook do him in!!!

2. After an Impressive 3rd Place finish in madison and 1st place in Midwest can "bigMv" ride the momentum and collect the bounty on mort's and other's heads??? How will "513 boy" fare after impressive tourney in madison?

3. After an tough O.T. Loss to Wisconsin's Jeff B. in Madison Can Nyc's Brian R. (choasrison) get back to the final four in buffalo...can other players from nyc like ryan krebs (hoiggard), Scott S. (3rd in Conn. Cuban Bowl V), or Kevin S. (toadoes) make a run.

4. Can Tecmo Vet Erik M. (arnoecnm) conserative but consienant game-play style produce a championship in buffalo or will his masked friend "cuban tecmo" knock him out?

5. Will D.T.'s Hotstreak Continue??? After an 5-1 Midwest tourney with wins over of vogtcd11 and averagetsbplayer ,a buffalo radio station tecmo tourney champ and seeing his seahwaks win the superbowl inperson!!! Will the arm of david krieg lead d.t. to his first major championship or has his first buffalo snowy winter cooled off his tecmo mojo!!!!

6. Will "laztlain" jason P. who finsihed in 2nd place last year.....,once again bribe the tecmo gods with "mighty taco"??? ...After going 1-2 in group Play in Last years Tourney Laztlain Bought Mighty taco for everyone. As Lou B. Bought pizza. Apperantly the tecmo gods prefer tacos. Jason went on win his next 4-5 games...one with an E2E A.C. JJ to win a game...one he ran through a called run with marion Butts to take a late lead vs. Brian R.of Nyc...then he drawed rams/cowboys in a random matchup vs red98 and he carved up my secondary with "Oh Ellard Oh" an Company. What will happen this year.

7. After getting short-changed in the best costume contest in madison will "ninja tecmo" from northern ohio bust his duds for buffalo...or will be too focused on the task at hand??? Will Ryan Of the former cleveland boneyard bowl tournies ride qb eagles to the promised land???

8. Will Buffalo's Ch. 4 NewsMan and tecmoer Lou R. (ragu012) complete the sweep...thats win the tourney and then do a news story about it on t.v.???

9. Will Other Improved Local Players like Lou's and Mort's childhood friend Doug W. find a way to get back the elite8 as he did last year....Can Jim G. of Buffalo develop a cheering mob to one day rival the #eatshitorenga cheering section. Can Dan R. have success.

10. Can Mr. BetterLuckNextTime, Mr. ClosebutNoCigar, Mr. OhSoClose... Can Louis B. finnally win a championship or will his hard luck in last minutes of championship games once-again get the better of him.

Edited by red98sethuthut

After Friday's showing at AJ's Lounge I think we should vote on something:

Raise Raguse's bounty buy-in to 100 bucks!!!! Or lower Mort's to 50 cents!!

lol sure lower.mine too after going 0_2. Got.the fumbles.out of my system...gotta g.o.o.b. more often. My highlight of the.night was the bartender randomly kissing me on the.neck.during a game. And I avenged the rams/cowboys loss to laz last year with a dallas 27 to 21 in o.t. wild garbage game Edited by red98sethuthut

• 3 weeks later...

Ty for everyone that who has signed up and/or prepaid so far. if you haven't please register at http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_event/buffalo-bounty-ii/?instance_id . Were a couple of weeks away from the tournament. Then we will email with further instructions as on how to prepay. You can prepay via paypal...money order or in-person. You dont have to prepay but it helps us big time in saving time with getting the tourney started without any delays. Like last year we will have a tecmo meetup the friday.night.before the tournament for.those.in town already. Where you can get some warm up games in..also you can prepay for the tournament that night too. Or get Louis Drunk!! This will be.held at Friday may 2 at 6pm to about 10pm at ajs lounge 1028 walden avenue cheektowaga ny 14211. We nay broadcast some games to twitch (depends if on internet signal at the.bar). TO BE CLEAR.THIS is where friday night tecmo festivities will be held and not the actual tournament location. So we will see everyone may 2 (friday night tecmo festvities or May3 at the ‪#‎buffalobountyII‬ ‪#‎tecmo‬ super bowl Tournament.

Edited by red98sethuthut

The.one thing bad about.tournanments is the time waiting between games...so this year (time permitting) we may run a f.g. kicking contest or.juice off (ofcourse I would.not in it) during downtimes. would.anybody.would.down for.this possibly at the.friday.night meetup.or at the tournanment .we.could use "bgbouds" tap tester program also

Edited by red98sethuthut

Tuco                  Angel Eyes                            Blondie                               El Indio

Jim Kelly        Eric Merliss                 Lou Raguse              Francis Buenagel                     Matt Vogt

Thurman Thomas         Joey Vogt              Louis Buennagel                    Brian Rause                       Jason Palazzo

Kent Hull                          Doug Gifford          greg lewis                    micheal green                            Jim Garbino

Steve Tasker              Doug Watson                    Phillip Gulvna                Paul Bailey                            John Gordon

Leon Seals                        Eugene Kelly          Justin Klien              Christopher  Hendershot                  Brian Buck                 

Jeff Wright                         James Colby              Dan Rosati                 Pat Owen                                  Scott Stefanak

Howard Ballard              Chris Insana                    Cliff Kennedy               Mike Young                        Brian Foster       

Kirby Jackson                    Frank Passafume        Mitch Smith                   Zach Piccard                     Jeffery Lewis

Nate Odomes              Matthew Foss           xavier gutierrez                          Eric Stanczyk                     David Widmaier                   

Keith McKeller            Dustin Zimmer                      Matt Kittleson               John Barhoover                           Helm Holz            

Ray Bentley                                              

Current groups and regions.  This was emailed as well.  Keep in mind placement in super group Kelly or Thomas means an automatic 1 or 2 seed in the bracket portion.  Below is the schedule for the weekend,.  Also for any local guys you do not have to play in group play.  I will seed anyone who is on time for the bracket portion.  Group play is a good chance to warm up, meet people and have fun without the full pressure of elimination on your backs.

Friday  May 2nd

6pm to 11 pm

Tecmo Hang out at AJ's Lounge in Cheektowaga  I'll bring a couple of systems and this will be the last chance to prepay.  Several guys from out of town will be there to hang out.  If you have even a hour or so free stop by get a few games in, a beer and meet some of the players.

Saturday May 3rd

9 am  Setup (the bar will open at 9 am for set up and Louis and I will be there.)  Once we get things going feel free to get warmed up.  There is a Tim Horton's next door if you need a quick breakfast or a good coffee.

9:30 am  Signups- those playing in group should arrive no later than 11 pm.  I would hope if you have not prepaid you will be present by this time but no later than 10 am

10:15 am  By this time the set up should be done and Louis and I will have a short introduction speech explaining rules and a few other features 

10:30 am  If everyone in your group is there then I will ask those groups to begin.

11:00 am  By this time the group play will be set.  Anyone arriving afterwards will have to settle for scrimmages and await the bracket portion.  Again if you cannot make it till later you can still play.

2:00 pm  group play should not go beyond this time

2:00 to 3 pm.  By this time everyone who is going to play must be signed up. I plan to start the bracket no later than 3 pm.

6:00 to 7:00 pm  the title game will be in this stretch at the latest,  Hopefully by then we will have several people on hand to assist us taking equipment up the street to my house.  It is my goal to have everything back to normal no later than 8:00 pm.  Last year we finished around 6:30 pm and I suspect we can beat that time this year.

9:00 pm  Post game celebration maybe.  We'll see what is going on.

Edited by mort1237

Pregame tecmo.was a.blast. ty for choasrison, his friend greg, the owens.brothers of.ct, laztlain and.ninjatecmo for coming down. Highlight of the.night was.mort resetting the.system before.ninja.could take the picture of.tje.final.score after ninja upset him after couple of.fumbles. we all.laughed ...that may cost mort a fumble 2morrow. #tecmogods Cant wait till.tommorow

Big win for Lou - nothing like winning your own tourney!

ty ill write a recap when I knock out this tecmo hangover ive got. Bigmv was 2nd (won the.$50 bounty on mort)...mort was 3rd (im kinda upset I didnt get a chance to play him)...laztlain (jason p.) (Once again he bribed the tecmo gods by buying everyone mighty tacos) 4th...5th 513boy4life (great job joey...he has improved a lot)...6th arncoenm (erik merliss of ct.) Co runner of the cubanbowl tourney in ct..7th chaosrison (brian r.) Runner of.the.nyc.tourney 8th phillip of ny (who.advanced to.the elite8 on a forfeit win over lou ragues (ragu012) had to leave to do the local.news. Edited by red98sethuthut

Tuco                  Angel Eyes                            Blondie                               El Indio

Jim Kelly        Eric Merliss                 Lou Raguse              Francis Buenagel                     Matt Vogt

Thurman Thomas         Joey Vogt              Louis Buennagel                    Brian Rause                       Jason Palazzo

Kent Hull                          Doug Gifford          greg lewis                    micheal green                            Jim Garbino

Steve Tasker              Doug Watson                    Phillip Gulvna                Paul Bailey                            John Gordon

Leon Seals                        Eugene Kelly          Justin Klien              Christopher  Hendershot                  Brian Buck                 

Jeff Wright                         James Colby              Dan Rosati                 Pat Owen                                  Scott Stefanak

Howard Ballard              Chris Insana                    Cliff Kennedy               Mike Young                        Brian Foster       

Kirby Jackson                    Frank Passafume        Mitch Smith                   Zach Piccard                     Jeffery Lewis

Nate Odomes              Matthew Foss           xavier gutierrez                          Eric Stanczyk                     David Widmaier                   

Keith McKeller            Dustin Zimmer                      Matt Kittleson               John Barhoover                           Helm Holz            

Ray Bentley                                              

Current groups and regions.  This was emailed as well.  Keep in mind placement in super group Kelly or Thomas means an automatic 1 or 2 seed in the bracket portion.  Below is the schedule for the weekend,.  Also for any local guys you do not have to play in group play.  I will seed anyone who is on time for the bracket portion.  Group play is a good chance to warm up, meet people and have fun without the full pressure of elimination on your backs.

Friday  May 2nd

6pm to 11 pm

Tecmo Hang out at AJ's Lounge in Cheektowaga  I'll bring a couple of systems and this will be the last chance to prepay.  Several guys from out of town will be there to hang out.  If you have even a hour or so free stop by get a few games in, a beer and meet some of the players.

Saturday May 3rd

9 am  Setup (the bar will open at 9 am for set up and Louis and I will be there.)  Once we get things going feel free to get warmed up.  There is a Tim Horton's next door if you need a quick breakfast or a good coffee.

9:30 am  Signups- those playing in group should arrive no later than 11 pm.  I would hope if you have not prepaid you will be present by this time but no later than 10 am

10:15 am  By this time the set up should be done and Louis and I will have a short introduction speech explaining rules and a few other features 

10:30 am  If everyone in your group is there then I will ask those groups to begin.

11:00 am  By this time the group play will be set.  Anyone arriving afterwards will have to settle for scrimmages and await the bracket portion.  Again if you cannot make it till later you can still play.

2:00 pm  group play should not go beyond this time

2:00 to 3 pm.  By this time everyone who is going to play must be signed up. I plan to start the bracket no later than 3 pm.

6:00 to 7:00 pm  the title game will be in this stretch at the latest,  Hopefully by then we will have several people on hand to assist us taking equipment up the street to my house.  It is my goal to have everything back to normal no later than 8:00 pm.  Last year we finished around 6:30 pm and I suspect we can beat that time this year.

9:00 pm  Post game celebration maybe.  We'll see what is going on.

How can there be a Steve Tasker division he was not in the game for obvious reasons they can't make a player to accurately portray Steve Tasker

Congrats Louis and thanks to Francis and Louis for running a fun tourney!

Congrats to Matty V for making the finals and taking one before the dramatic final final game. It was great to meet all the guys who traveled for the tourney plus get to know some of the local guys a little better too.

My memory is crap when it comes to recapping games, but I can tell you Louis was playing better than anyone in the room all day long. He beat some very good players by blowout scores. To answer the question of "Lou is better on the NES than online," I will say that when Louis plays online it seems like he is trying a lot of different stuff. Different playbooks, different strategies, different moves. Some of it ends up not working for him, but I think that's because Louis uses online mainly as practice to make himself better for console tournaments. He's never said that to me, but that's the impression I get, having played him many times on both. When it comes to a console tournament he buckles down, does the things that work for him best, and makes fewer mistakes.

It was a pretty cool moment to see Louis win his first tourney and his brother Francis was the happiest person in the room.

I shot a lot of video at the tourney which I will edit together and post later on, but here are a couple photos of the trophy presentation and the players who were there to watch the championship

photo1_zps3479501c.jpg

photo4_zps10bfd373.jpg

Ty to everyone who came out to the #buffalobountyII tsb tournament. And thanks for everyone who watched the live streams. My thanks for to matt bird for running www.northeasttecmo.com, ty mort for all tecmo thru the years, ty for www.mwtecmo.com live stream (and ninjatecmos labtop helped.out). Ty to brian r., jason p., greg lewis for helping us getting the equipment back to.the.house. ty jason p. For buying half of the mighty taco for everyone. Congrats to.bigmv, mort, laztlain, 513boy4life, arncoenm, chaosrison, and phillip for great runs. I just barely survived that last game vs.bigmv to win my first championship. Congrats to lou raguse, scott s of nyc (who I was glad I didnt play.him..weve had wild games b4), greg lewis, and ninjatecmo on good tournaments. Some of the local.players played well too. Here are couple pictures of the brackets. Recap will come later...we will aslo upload the results of games on excel later.

post-8361-0-63386700-1399249171_thumb.jp

post-8361-0-77867600-1399249188_thumb.jp

Edited by red98sethuthut

Was a blast to see everyone and make new friends. Was great meeting Lou for the first time.. too bad he had to leave cause he was playing well. Left during Elite 8 to hang out with my wife and kids. Made a really cool weekend outta this get together. My family can't wait for the next one with my kids asking if we can come back during the summer to stay a week! Some really great local spots to hit up also!