Cheektowaga, NY - 05/03/14 - Buffalo Bounty II: Be a youtube star!!

Buffalo Bounty II: Be A Youtube Star

#BuffaloBountyII

The premier Tecmo Super Bowl Tourney of WNY is back and better than ever. This year we plan to set a record with the most games recorded and/or streamed. All these games will be uploaded to youtube and should set a record for most games recorded in a single tecmo tournament. At the same time the bounty system returns rewarding you with cash each time you eliminate another player. Only now each game could be immortalized for all time. So bring your A game.

As of the week after TecmoX I can now record at least 8 televisions at once.  We will have two TV's streamed live and plenty of action worth checking out.  Our goal is not to make it the most accessible tourney to those watching via the internet.  If your coming and would want to stream a tv I am all for it if you have an internet connection.

Any game recorded will be uploaded to my youtube collection of games.  If you want me to review your game I will do that too in an effort to help you improve.  But in order for that to happen you have to come out to Buffalo.

Also check out the awesome preview video that Matt Bird made for us.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LHRmQ-V47k&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0xffl1mQbnPGEVkn-X5XQ

Games streamed will be at

twitch.tv/mort1237

too be announced.

website: http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_event/buffalo-bounty-ii/?instance_id=

At 33 signups first place is estimated at $237  (includes my bounty of 30, 2 (10) dollar bounty and a 5 dollar bounty)

Featuring multiple prizes.
Prize pool for 1st (55%), 2nd(30%) and 3rd(15%).
$5- $15 for each time you eliminate a player.
$30 dollar bounty on NFL films star Mort(Francis Buennagel). This goes up to 50 if 40 plus join and a 100 if 60 plus commit. Out of my own pocket.
$20 dollar prize to each player for the best game played award as voted after the tourney via email. This will be done after I upload the films.  (only games before the elite 8 will be eligible).

50/50 draw and raffle of other prizes.

See the extra prizes at the bottom for more event prizes.

This year we will be doing prepay.  Entry fee will be 10 + bounty via prepay on paypal.  Bounty is 5 for most entrants, 10 for expert level (you know who you are) and 15 for master level players (only former Winners of Tecmo Madison from Tecmo IV-IX and winners of the Midwest Tecmo tourney II-VI and winners of Detroit Tecmo Kumite I).  The master level will only be used if 4 qualifiers sign up at that level.  I would count as one.

If you wait till game day entry fee will be 15 + bounty.

Prepay directions.  First sign up.  Then I will email you the amount your entry costs. Don't send me anything till I email you how much you need to pay for entry.  It is a case by case scenario. If you can use paypal to send money to my paypal.  my email is [email protected].  Send the amount I direct you to that email address via pay pal.  If you need to drop out the money will be refunded as long as I get notice by Wed April 30th at 11:59 pm est.

If for whatever reason you do not want to use pay pal you can pay Louis or I in person at another tecmo tourney or send us a money order.  We can provide you our mailing address if you choose that option.  For local players I can collect in person or Lou can.

Sign up at [email protected] or at http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_event/buffalo-bounty-ii/?instance_id=
(mainly nes sytems, working vcr's or tube tv's). (other recording equipment. note our location does not have wifi.)

SATURDAY MAY 3rd 11am (10am set-up)

Tourney Location:
AMF Thruway Lanes 716-896-8507
1550 Walden Ave
Cheektowaga Ny 14225

Real easy to find. Take the Walden exit for buffalo. Just half a mile down. Location is next to a tim horton's and several good restaurants are nearby besides what is served at the hall. I think a Chilpolte, subway, mighty taco (I highly recommend this if it is your first trip to buffalo), Fridays, Apple-bees and several other restaurants.

As for hotels the ones on Walden Ave are in walking distance. Any hotel on the list is no more than 15 mins from the tourney site.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/HACSearch?geo=47454#02,1359087449021,rad:S0,map:-1,sponsors:AQUALITY_INN

these list the hotels in cheektowaga, if you can't find what you want its not to hard to get to the tourney site from the hotels in Amherst on transit road and in Amherst by the university.

Pre-game Friday Tecmo festivities location
(This will be the location for Friday night festivities.) TO BE CLEAR THIS IS WHERE THE PRE-GAME PARTY WILL BE AND ISNT THE ACTUAL TOURNANMENT LOCATION. If your town the Friday night you may come down and pre-register, play some warm-up games or scout your opponents or get Louis drunk lol.
May 2nd Around 6pm
AJ's Lounge (in the back room)
1028 Walden Ave (Its at the corner of Euclid+walden near a 7-11 store)
Cheektowaga, NY 14211

Gameplay rules
1. D.l. line use with no lurching: A DL lurch is defined as trying to dive tackle or blitz the QB at the snap on a drop back pass or trying to use the same effect to break up a running play.  Any other form of DL use is legal.  The below video shows what is illegal.

>http://youtu.be/ona4e4FqEDw

2. W.R. or T.E.’s Cannot have run plays in playbook(except 4 reverse). However you may substitute an w.r./t.e. at rb2 slot as long they don't have a running play. players like Givins and Sanders are considered wr's.
3. playbook changes/lineup editing each pregame... (this is not a 103.3 the edge tourney)
4.“One Matchup Once” Rule
:
The coin-flip winner can only select a particular matchup once throughout the entire tournament. For instance, if Player A wins the toss and selects Packers-Browns, Player A cannot call that exact matchup for the rest of the tournament. Player B, however, is free to select that matchup later in the tournament.  This does not include matchup cards
5. if we use group play...differential of your win and losses in group play will help determine your seed. The most you can win a group play game is 28 points... so if you win 35-3...your winning differential will be +28. Note: if we use random triple elimination your differential wont matter.
6. TIES: No game can end in a tie. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT's will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
7. How the matchup is chosen.
The coin flip winner picks a matchup (a) Or option (b ) Pick a card with a set matchup on it.
If A is chosen the coin flip loser picks team or controller. Then whatever is left goes to coin flip winner.
Option B means you select a random card from a deck of many fair matchups.  The coin flip loser chooses controllers before looking at the matchup.  Matchups are entered both ways so there is no advantage to either controller.  If both players do not like the matchup they will be given a different one.
****NOTE: YOU MAY NOT DEFER A MATCHUP IF YOU WIN THE COIN TOSS.  You Must either pick your own matchup or a card.*****
(cards are given as an alternative for those who do not like to pick a matchup.  also for those who think that this system favors the guy who is lucky enough to lose the coin toss more often)

**** matchup cards will be improved by adding more of the top 20 match ups.****
8. Tournament Issues All issues will be settled by the tournament crew. Headed by Louis Buennagel, Francis Buennagel. (Others will be designated by gameday as seconds for when we are playing.)
Report controller issues and any other issues AS SOON AS IT HAPPENS.  We will use the warm-up session to test all controllers and equipment so hopefully everything works fine. Game freeze will be settled by playing out part or all of the game depending on circumstance... unless you cause a reset by your physical actions. The final decision is up to the tournament directors or those designated by the directors. All equipment loaned for the tourney will be tracked. You may use your own controller if it is standard but do not move the other controller from that station. Respect all equipment as if it was yours. Excessive misbehavior will result in your elimination from the tourney and all future events..

9. Recording An effort will be made to record as many games as possible.  It will be important to report the tv you played on along with your game results.  Recording in most cases should have no effect on game play.  If you notice a VCR has stopped recording report it at once to the tourney organizers. 

There will be at least two live streams on Twitch,

twitch.tv/mort1237

twitch.tv/ (to be announced).

10. Limited Participation  I would prefer for everyone who can make it for the start to be there at the start.  Yet at the same time I know there is always the chance of work schedule/ travel problems.  If you can only make it by a certain time and prepay your entry fee you will be entered after group play.  You will be the lowest seed though.

Format
Round-Robin Group play world cup style.  There will be at least two super groups again.  Note that those chosen for a super group will auto qualify to the single elimination and are at no disadvantage due to being in a super group.  I will post an updating list of groups and regions as you sign up.  Also note I will try my hardest to keep you out of the group and region of those you travel with and those you played last year.  (but it is not always possible for the regions).

format is subject to change based on equipment and people.

Sign up [email protected] or at http://www.northeasttecmo.com/ai1ec_event/buffalo-bounty-ii/?instance_id=

right now we are hoping for at least 40 people, 14 tv's, 14 systems and as much recording equipment as we can get.  right now I alone can get at least 2 more vcr's. and cover at least 6 tv's.  video tape will be provided.

Equipment voulenteered

total 11 tv's  8 systems, 4 vcr's, 2 live streams.

Louis B. 4 systems, 4 VCR's,

Francis B. 10 TV's, 2 live stream set ups.

Chris (ninja chessmaster( 1 tv 1 system)

James Casey 1 system

Lou Raguse 2 systems

EXTRA PRIZES

Like last year we will be raffling away 50/50 tickets.  After the 50/50 other prizes will be selected out of the prize pool.  Included but not limited too:

TSB 2k13 (1)

TSB 2k14 (1)

Troy Aikman 1989 Score rookie card worth around $20

Reggie White 1986 Topps rookie card worth around $10

Terry Bradshaw 1977 Topps card worth around $10

Deion Sanders 1989 Score rookie card worth around $5

Barry Sanders 1997/Emitt Smith 1996 from special sets worth $7.00

Hershel Walker 1987 Topps rookie card worth around $2

2 Jerry Rice cards worth around $2

Various 9 packs.

Edited by mort1237

players committed and paid

Francis B. (mort)                                               Cheektowaga, NY $40 paid

Louis B. Red98sethut                                       Cheektowaga, NY $20 paid

Ryan M. Ultimate Weapon                                N.Ridgeville, OH $15 paid

Jason Palazzo Laztlain                                      Lockport, NY   $20 paid

Christopher  Hendershot Ninjachessmaster     Streetsboro, Ohio. $15 paid

Paul Bailey                                      Buffalo, NY                               $ 15 paid

Pete D. Cubantecmo                  Wallingford, Conn                         $ 20 paid

Brian Buck                                         West Seneca, Ny                   $ 15 paid

Eugene Kelly                                   west seneca, ny                       $ 15 paid

greg lewis                                              Totowa, NJ                          $ 15 paid

James Colby                                Lackawanna, NY                                  $15 paid

Lou Raguse    "ragu012"              Tondawanda, NY                                $15 paid

John Gordon                                  Rochester, NY                                   $15 paid

Michael Green                             Cheektowaga,NY                                $15 paid

players signed up

scott stefenek                                     Forest Hills, NY

Matt Vogt 'bigmv54"                             Hamilton, OH  

Joey Vogt "513boy4life"                      Hamilton, OH

mike owen                                          Meriden CT

Pat Owen                                           Meriden CT

Mike Cotrille                                      West Seneca, ny

Matthew Foss                                   Cheektowaga, ny

Lou Raguse                                      Buffalo, ny

Helm Holz                                         kennmore, ny

Frank Passafume                            Orchard Park, ny

Dustin Zimmer                                 cheektowaga, ny

David Thompson                             buffalo, ny

David Widmaier                               lockport, ny

Chris perizzo                                   Niagara Falls, ny

Dan Rosati                                      Cheektowaga, ny

Brian Foster                                   Elma, Ny

Doug Watson                                 West Seneca, NY

Justin Klien                                    Cheektowaga, ny

Jim Garbino                                   Cheektowaga, ny

Eric merliss "arncoenm"                Conn

matt Bird  'deadfaulkner"              NYC, NY

Brian Rausse  "chaosrison"          Bronx, NY

John Barhoover                           Youngstown, Ohio

Eric Stanczyk                                Buffalo, NY

Matt Bird                                      Long Island City, NY

Edited by mort1237

I am in the process of building the largest database of live tecmo games from tourney's throughout the lands.  My hope is to have at least 100 games recorded on my youtube page by the end of 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0xffl1mQbnPGEVkn-X5XQ

has games from Conn, Iowa and hopefully det/madison.  All it takes is one vcr to record about 10/12 games at an event.  depending on location i can record two to three tvs worth for those interested.

Edited by mort1237

• 2 weeks later...

Daughter turns 1 on 5/2/14. I tried to convince my wife that since she's 1 she'd have no idea whether or not I'm even here. Well, wife said something about how SHE'D know.  Weird... huh? I'll never understand women.  :roll:

Seriously dough, just want to make it known that I'd love to be there and will definitely be tuning in to watch ninjashotmaster get his dreams crushed (again).  

Daughter turns 1 on 5/2/14. I tried to convince my wife that since she's 1 she'd have no idea whether or not I'm even here. Well, wife said something about how SHE'D know.  Weird... huh? I'll never understand women.  :roll:

Seriously dough, just want to make it known that I'd love to be there and will definitely be tuning in to watch ninjashotmaster get his dreams crushed (again).  

hard to find a perfect day to put these on.  hopefully next year the first Saturday of may will be a little further away from her birthday.

• 1 month later...

Nice work t.y. for making the trailer

awesome work.  You have outdone yourself.  One of my favorite movies.  Almost makes me wish the finals was in the little graveyard across the street. 

jk

Glad to help out.  It was so fun thinking of ways to equate Mort with "the man with no name" that the thing practically made itself.

But a final in a graveyard?  That sounds seriously badass.  A possible theme for Buffalo Bounty III?

There are two types of tecmoer's in this world my friends....those who press "forward and "a" and those who press "back and b". If mort is Clint Eastwood...thats leaves me will the role of lee van cleef...or Eli Wallach i guess.

Glad to help out.  It was so fun thinking of ways to equate Mort with "the man with no name" that the thing practically made itself.

But a final in a graveyard?  That sounds seriously badass.  A possible theme for Buffalo Bounty III?

The problem with that is that with my back problems I will have to pay someone to dig a hole 6 feet deep...

There are two types of tecmoer's in this world my friends....those who press "forward and "a" and those who press "back and b". If mort is Clint Eastwood...thats leaves me will the role of lee van cleef...or Eli Wallach i guess.

We got a couple of friends in the running for the Ugly.  I guess we can call the bad beat prize you want to do the Tuco Award.

• 2 weeks later...

http://maps.yahoo.com/businesses/?lat=42.90822293826804&lon=-78.77270221710205&q=hotel%20near%20Cheektowaga%2C%20NY&bb=42.91733787417113%2C-78.79351615905762%2C42.89910665430306%2C-78.75188827514648&n=Cheektowaga%2C%20NY&nllr=42.92651387823418%2C42.89734999561188%2C-78.71317863464355%2C-78.77978324890137&sbh=1&b=hotel

doing some research on the hotels close to the tourney site. 

the millenium is across from the mall and around a 110 a night

the hampton in is about 140 a night  behind mcdonalds in walking range

the oak tree inn is at 73 a night with a triple A discount.  It is located at the corner of Union and Walden behind Milton's and Alton's.

Unfortunately there are no rooms here on Friday Night.

I think we have around 10 guys interested/committed to traveling in and I can inquire about a group rate as well.

Edited by mort1237

HOTEL INFORMATION (I will add more later...read the whole description as i listed a few you find on the internet)

1. Microtel Inn by Wyndham Williamsville/Buffalo Airport  

50 Freeman Road,  Williamsville,  NY,  US ,  14221 716-633-6200 http://www.microtelinn.com/ 69.99 per night (off website) check in 3pm check out 11am...has free wifi, comp. breakfast, its about an easy 8-10 (you will have fork over .15 cents to nys for a toll though lol) min drive to the tournanment site

2. Days Hotel Buffalo Airport  4345 Genesee Street/I-90,  Buffalo,  NY,  US ,  14225 716-631-0800 99.99 per night...right across the street from the airport...5 min. drive to tournanment, has a pool, no smoking in this hotel,cant bring pets

3.  Super 8 Williamsville 7200 Transit Road (near main st.),  Williamsville,  NY,  US ,  14221 79.99 per night  716-634-1500 Check in: After 3:00 PM check out 12pm  free 8-item comp. breakfast. 24-hour airport shuttle service, free Wi-Fi, on-site gym, large-vehicle parking, Park Before You Fly packages and a business center. All rooms were recently updated with new carpeting, and we have pet-friendly and non-smoking hotel rooms available.10 min drive to the tournanment site  (you will have fork over .15 cents to nys for a toll though lol)

4. Comfort INN 475 Dingens Buffalo 14206 716-896-2800 99.99 per night  Cable/Satellite TV, WiFi, Free Local Calls, Non-Smoking Rooms Availble, Exercise Room Its a 5 minute drive to tournanment (its off the first exit off the I-190)

5. ReDCarpert INN 1900 Niagara Falls BlVD. Tonawanda NY 14150 716-692-1422 From 39.99 Per Night www.redcarpetbuffalo.com Its Located at I-290 Exit 3 Niagara Falls BLVD its 7 miles from the airport and 15 min drive to the tournanment location ...Has Laundry Facilitiees, Hbo/Cable tv,  Wifi, Hairdryers lol, Flat screen tv's (not good for tecmo)

6. Millennium Hotel Buffalo 2040 Walden Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14225 716-681-2400 From $111 to $119 Per Night http://www.millenniumhotels.com/usa/millenniumbuffalo/ Its Located on Exit 52 on the I-90 on walden across from walden galleria mall... Literally a minute drive or 5 minute walk to the tournanment site..Standard rooms have wifi, Satellite TV, they also have superior rooms (whatever hell that is). Bonus points for being near a "mighty taco".

7. Hampton Inn Buffalo-Airport Galleria 1745 Walden Avenue, Cheektowaga, New York, 14225, USA 1-716-894-8000 From 140.00 Per Night Check in 3pm Check out 12pm...Also off Exit 52 on the I-90 on walden avenue across the street from tournanment site behind the mcdonalds. Has smoking rooms, wifi, cable tv, there's a mcdondalds, applebees, fridays rest. in easy walking distance.

8. Oak Tree INN www.oaktreeinn.com Standard Rate 89.10 Special Rate 81.00 Corporate/AAA Rate 72.90 Check in 4pm checkout 11am Near the corner of union+walden behind miltons and altons resturants..near a delta sonic gas station...about 5 min ride to the tournanment site..#6 and #32 bus.  can take you there...Has wifi, breakfast, 2 bed rooms, cable tv, ONLY HAS ROOMS AVAILBLE FOR THE NIGHT OF MAY 3rd (and not the 2nd)

Edited by red98sethuthut

just heard back from the Oak tree in.  they only have 3 rooms on sat but the offer is pretty good.  Also AAA rate will lower this.  Here is the info I got in my email today.

Thank you for your interest in the Oak Tree Inn. The information for availability on Friday, May 2 is correct - I am currently sold out. As for Saturday, May 3 I currently have 3 rooms available, I do not know if this will help at all. They are either rooms with one king size bed or 2 double beds (side by side). The rate including tax per night would be $84.97.

That rate does include breakfast for each person in the room - an $8.00 voucher for Alton's - right next store to us.

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Edited by mort1237