Detroit, MI - 02/08/14 - Tecmo Kumite II

bob sacamano

Me and mort pulled a classic "sleep in a rest stop" as we seem to play better in nutmeg state. So Friday night in buffalo we played in local radio staion tecmo tourney (an original playbook with prison rules basically). Both me and mort actually lost in 3rd and 2nd rounds of that one (as the local players seem to have improved) . laztlain (Jason Palazzo), "ragu11" (lou raguse) also played in it but D.T. of buffalo won it. So we left around 10 Friday night...got past Cleveland and slept in a reststop. Got up drove to Detroit with an hour to spare and walla we were the 1st guys to bar (another one of our superstions). We were promptly greeted by a roving Detroit security force but the bartender came out and got us out of any trouble. that guard must of thought we made of with someones old TV's and Nintendo's lol. anyways then eric'odell and his wife (she was a big help thru the day recording scores) and  the bearded toolie.

I was really tired and realized I was in rough shape and regretted not sleeping in a fucking bed the night before... so I decided to play sober and prey I didn't draw any decent players in first few rounds.  I chugged a redbull and begin my games as follows...

Game 1 W Lions 21 Skins 14...Vs a Dan W (turnover)....Barry rushed for 150 yards and got things working...he hit a jj at the end of game. Later afterwards he challenged me to game for a beer and he beat me buffalo over oilers...as i missed an fg to tie it.

Game 2 W Boys 31 Den 28 vs Sonny...1st drive I score a td...his 1st drive 1play 80 yard vance Johnson JJ td...Ditto Ditto on ensuing drives 14-14 all...I fumble with emmitt...he gets humpy streaker 21-14...I get a jj to set a fg b4 half. down 17-21 half...he gets ball he scores...u guessed another vance Johnson from Elway td on 4 and 5 in the redzone (he was wide open)...17-28  ensuing drive boys convert a 4th 16 with a pass to Irvin sets up a td. 24-28 I finally stop him...down 24-28 boys score with a timer to Irvin with 30 secs left. and hold on to win 31-28...

Game 3 W PHX 16 NYJ 0 vs Rocco F. .....Cards rush for a lot yards as but have to settle for 3 fgs...al tooon was just off missed a couple potential catches and rocco's offense never got going. Also His girlfriend was very tipsy and seemed to be in awe of mort's stardom...and 32 oz michigan beer.

Game 4 L Oak 10 Chi 28 vs REgualtor088 -...Oak Puts there' offset+proset running playbook and run itno a chi brick wall lead mike singletarly...oak's passing game missed 2 wide open td's (one on 4th down). it happens...chi goes onto to win 28 to 10. The garbage would begin in 2nd and 3rd games between us.

Game 5 W 14-7 Browns over Saints vs Ryan mckay--- Saints open up with a nice drive and score an opening td lead by lot of rushes. qb browns leads a drive to tie it. browns fumble on next 2 possesions i believe. saints fumble in 2nd half and sets up a browns td to slaughter. saints get ball back and drive down to the 20 yard in redzone...they miss wide open pass that would tied the game due to a overthrow. on 4th down the jj atempt for deflected. man has ryan gotten a lot better.

Game 6 W 17-14 Pitt over NYJ vs Reguator088---What a total garbage game both sides...jets on 3rd and 10 on there 50 get a jj to al toon over rod woodson down 0-7...Pitt fumbles near midfield on a rick strom scramble leads reg 14-0 lead...just b4 half pitt  throws a pick in the redzone with 20 secs left gambling...but the jets fumble on next play and pitt scoops b4 the half ends and gets a td. half 7-14...more garbage for pitt...they get a fumble and pick on reg's drives and take 17-14 lead with less 50 secs left or so. In this game I was winning 1/3 of the taps....and it came up big on last play of game. Last play of game Al toon time for reg...offset play pass...once again al toon gets it over woodson again I believe  but I outtapp him to seal the win. I raise my thumb up to the gods thanking them for the help. got lucky as hell.

Game 7 Vs Ones11 L 17-24 cards over saints...I start with ball and go 3 and out...he goes on nice drive and scores...again I have to punt...but he fumbles and recover and cash it in for a tieing score. I forgot the details of this 1...I had a chance for a jj bomb at the end to tie it but the loft was to short

Game 8 Vs Regs L 10-14...Clearly the tecmo gods wanted a rubber match...as I wondering how many 10-23 balls (our random numbers) were in the deck. Once again reg had to call the matchup as he did in previous 2 games...he call boys vs his beloved nyj jets. I take dallas. I get ball 1st...emmitt breaks a big run of but my drive falters and I gamble on a long fg ..I was prob out of range in hindsight so I missed. Ensuing possession He scores 7-0...Here where's the garage starts. he gets down to goaline before half and he coughs it up and the defecit remains down 0-7 at half...once again boys defense get a fumble and a bait pick in 2nd half but only manage 10 pts in 2nd half. As my redzone offense doesn't get the job done. reg had nice jj user pick to end of my drives on 4th down. Cut to the chase im up 10-7...he has a minute and change to tie or take the lead. He calls some short checkdowns..and moves ball close to fg range...with about 40 secs left he goes back to al toon bomb on offset play pass. This game reg. restored the tapping order as I couldn't win 1 tap in this game. I lock down Hendrix praying for a deflection but that cursed al toon gets a cc and he out-juices me to get the game winning score. this time the gods favor reg... great games reg...sorry for bad breaks tecmo huh...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There a lot of great games...like 6-3 O.t. game tween Odell and kev. Cab. of Columbus ohio (colts ova pats) ...the ones vs odell ot game epic...ones beat reg as met in tourney for 1st time...toolie avenged his tecmo 6 loss to mort with saints ova jets game #imthejets....ryan McKay played lot tough games is clearly a lot better....ryan11 won losers bracket...tecmo-physcho split with odell....

------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats to Mort, Toolie, Ones and everyone who came out and helped out running the tourney

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by red98sethuthut

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0xffl1mQbnPGEVkn-X5XQ 

all the games on the feed are now up in the database.  just waiting on the title games, the consolation and my matchup with matt miller.  Over the next few weeks I will be loading more games I recorded by VCR tape.  I think we will get around 50 games, maybe more from this tourney.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn0xffl1mQbnPGEVkn-X5XQ

all the games on the feed are now up in the database. just waiting on the title games, the consolation and my matchup with matt miller. Over the next few weeks I will be loading more games I recorded by VCR tape. I think we will get around 50 games, maybe more from this tourney.

So awesome! Thanks again for rocking out the stream like you did! And congrats again!